• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What are Canada's gun laws?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatch

Inactive
Reaction score
I wanted to know what are Canada's gunlaws? From what I have read the liberal politicians took Canada's right to bear arms away. Can you legally own a pistol in Canada? I understand this was never the case for Canada. It's changed only a few years ago. How strong is the NRA in Canada? Will the laws ever be more pro-gun ownership in the near future for Canadians? How can we help Canadian gun owners from south of your border? Don't think for 1 second we believe Michael Moore's opinion of Canada. We just want to help, if we can. :cdn:

Google:

http://www.google.ca

http://www.canadianembassy.org/government/guncontrol-en.asp

Dispatch said:
I wanted to know what are Canada's gunlaws? From what I have read the liberal politicians took Canada's right to bear arms away. Can you legally own a pistol in Canada? I understand this was never the case for Canada. It's changed only a few years ago. How strong is the NRA in Canada? Will the laws ever be more pro-gun ownership in the near future for Canadians? How can we help Canadian gun owners from south of your border? :cdn:

So far we can still own pistols and semi-automatic rifles.  Right now one of the Liberal promises for the upcoming election is that they'll make it illegal to own pistols.

As far as I know, the NRA doesn't have Canadian chapters, and we don't have any really vocal pro-gun organizations.

And as for what "gun owners from south of the border" can do....with the current attitude of many Canadians towards the US...and the way the Liberals are blaming our problems on cross-border weapons smuggling....I'd think the best thing you can do is to not get involved :)  Not that we don't appreciate the concern, but any US involvement with the situation is likely to only make things worse.

OK. There's threads running on the shootings and their fallout. We're not getting sidetracked and going down that rail line here.

Dispatch said:
I wanted to know what are Canada's gunlaws? From what I have read the liberal politicians took Canada's right to bear arms away. Can you legally own a pistol in Canada? I understand this was never the case for Canada. It's changed only a few years ago. How strong is the NRA in Canada? Will the laws ever be more pro-gun ownership in the near future for Canadians? How can we help Canadian gun owners from south of your border? Don't think for 1 second we believe Michael Moore's opinion of Canada. We just want to help, if we can. :cdn:

For our gun laws, go to:

Canadian Firearms Centre Home Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back