• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted: Pace Stick

???

I don't consider $125 expensive.  That is what I paid 4 years ago, for a Cadet Corps.  I think it is a bargain at that price.  I have seen other sticks, made from better woods, better fittings and better craftmanship for double and triple the price.

I could probably make a stick for cheaper, but my time is money.

rwgill said:
???

I don't consider $125 expensive.  That is what I paid 4 years ago, for a Cadet Corps.  I think it is a bargain at that price.  I have seen other sticks, made from better woods, better fittings and better craftmanship for double and triple the price.

I could probably make a stick for cheaper, but my time is money.

I'm a professional cabinetmaker - as such I have a fairly good idea of what goes into making one of these things.  Anything I made for you would START at around the $250.00 mark - going up from there depending upon what details you wanted.

The lower-end products are factory made.  There's nothing inherently wrong with them, just as there's nothing wrong with factory built furniture - but neither is hand made, with the attention to detail possible in doing so.

It all comes down to perceived value, and the extent of your financial holdings.  A well done hand made pace stick will outshine a cheap factory made one every time - but it will COST you.  GENERALLY, the more you pay is directly related to the quality of the Pace Stick - there are some very high quality factory made goods out there.

My advice to you is to figure out how much you're comfortable spending - then go looking with that price in mind.

For the record:  I build furniture - not pace sticks, I'm not interested in making a sale, here.

Roy

Wow Roy.. sounds like a good idea. I make drones to bag pipes... so I got a pretty good idea on this stuff. Just need some sort of "blue prints".

Regards,
TN2IC

TN2IC said:
Wow Roy.. sounds like a good idea. I make drones to bag pipes... so I got a pretty good idea on this stuff. Just need some sort of "blue prints".

Regards,
TN2IC

See the other thread, here:  http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/65343/post-604481.html#msg604481

recceguy posted an excellent description of the requirements and methods.

If you're making drones, I'm pretty sure you'd have the required skills and tools.

Back