• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Verification of Former Service (VFS) [Merged]

• Thread starter maple_leaf_forever
  • Start date
Must have been different standards back then.  Looking at these posts, I don't think the criteria for Education was met.  You may not get back into the CF.

what do you mean education requirment has not been met?  I am compelety competent that is not a problem.

newrecuitez said:
what do you mean education requirment has not been met?  I am compelety competent that is not a problem.

He's saying your spelling and grammar skills are weak.

He's going to first blind them with bad grammar and then finish them off with a bayonet charge.

At first I thought you said he was going to go blind.......remembering the old saying that if you don't stop that, you'll go blind; and perhaps he will.  ;D

Oh! That's what my mom was always trying to tell me! .... Never got that till just now.  :p

I applied for the regular forces in February, and got my ROTP acceptance offer in April.  I didn't accept the offer due to family issues, and now I'm considering applying to the local reserve unit.  Will my previous lack of commitment to signing on affect my new attempt to join the reserves?

Rayman452 said:
I applied for the regular forces in February, and got my ROTP acceptance offer in April.  I didn't accept the offer do to family issues, and now I'm considering applying to the local reserve unit.  Will my previous lack of commitment to signing on affect my new attempt to join the reserves?

It shouldn't, if you explain why you didn't follow through on your previous acceptance.

Rayman452 said:
I applied for the regular forces in February, and got my ROTP acceptance offer in April.  I didn't accept the offer do to family issues, and now I'm considering applying to the local reserve unit.  Will my previous lack of commitment to signing on affect my new attempt to join the reserves?

Yes, because the CF is a spiteful organization and gets really pissed off at people who don't accept their offers.  In fact there is a wall of shame in each CFRC/D that has the names of all those that have pissed off the CF.  So don't even try applying again.

HH and DA

Hi Everyone,

So, after 13 years in civy street, I've decided to get back into the CF.  Not sure why I left in the first place, but haven't really regretted my time away.  It's just that I never really should have left.

Anyways, the recruiting process for a re-enrollee - to me - isn't a smooth as it should be.  Granted there are prior documents that need to be retrieved to support your recruiting process, but I feel that there should be a quicker timeframe to get re-enrollees back into the military.

Right now I'm over 3 months into the process.  Whereas a new recruit typically has just finished school and has minimal responsibilities, a re-enrollee is either in a job or is unemployed.  Most often, the responsibilities a huge. So, wouldn't Recruiting want to get a re-enrollee back in quicker?  If the process takes too long, Recruiting could find them long gone because they couldn't wait that long and now you've lost a skilled person.

Just my thoughts as I continue to wait for my previous medical docs to show up at the Recruiting Center.

Cheers.

I'm not sure if it go's with to your situation but i was under the impression that they did streamline the process for re-enlistment and there is a post on it somewhere.  i imagine one of the reason's for delay would have to do with the fact that you have been out for 13years and all the process's have changed.  I re-enlisted today and i have only been out for 4 years, and the paperwork was already different.  if i remember correctly i filled out my app for re-up for the first time 1 year ago and the papers were different then to.  i dont know what the answer is to your situation. just that no matter what, it takes along time to join no matter if your a new app or a re-up.  on a side note does it take this long to join other forces around the world.... is it standard practice around the world to take 4 to 10 months to join the military?

I would imagine that if you kept a copy of all your documentation, preferably in something fireproof, the process would be streamlined. If DND has to go digging to find documentation of your previous career, you've gotta know it will take a bit.

Let's begin with some basics.  A person reenrolling after a couple of years of their Release is usually not a problem.  Their skill sets and training are still relatively current. 

A person reenrolling after five years is now facing evaluation of their previous training and qualifications.  They may or may not be offered Recruit School/BMQ/BMOQ bypass.  They will in all likelihood have to do SQ over again.

A person reenrolling after being away ten years is usually deemed as being too removed from the CF to still be current, and will most likely have to do BMQ and SQ, and depending on their qualifications, part or all of their Trades training again.  Their files must be retrieved from the Archives.  A Prior Learning Assessment must be conducted.  Terms of Service must be drawn up and accepted by the member.  All the normal paperwork that all new applicants must fill out, must be filled out.  A reenrollee has much more documentation to be done than a 18 year old right out of high school with no previous Service.

starseed said:
I would imagine that if you kept a copy of all your documentation, preferably in something fireproof, the process would be streamlined. If DND has to go digging to find documentation of your previous career, you've gotta know it will take a bit.

Wrong. I had my complete original UER, amongst other documents, and it took them over a year to verify my previous service and get me re-enlisted after an eight year absence.

to reiterate my question is our recruiting process long or short in comparison to other forces around the globe. 

George Wallace said:
A person reenrolling after five years is now facing evaluation of their previous training and qualifications.  They may or may not be offered Recruit School/BMQ/BMOQ bypass.  They will in all likelihood have to do SQ over again.

It's not a given the retraining will be required.  I've spoke with my (soon to be) Career Manager and have explained my career post-CF and I'm considered a skill applicant ... despite my Classification being Logistics.  It's been deemed I won't have to do Basic again nor my Log Officer course, however I "might" have to take the Supply Specialty Officer's Course again.  That still hasn't been determined yet.

recceguy said:
Wrong. I had my complete original UER, amongst other documents, and it took them over a year to verify my previous service and get me re-enlisted after an eight year absence.

You're right ... I have all my previous documents, but they won't even take a look at them.

Thankfully, I know someone at Recruiting Group HQ and they've just hastened the Medical Offices in Ottawa.  I asked the CFRC to hasten them, but they said they can't.  So, effectively, if it took 6 months to get my Med Docs, so be it.  That to me is unacceptable.

The Air Force Intake & Liaison Team states: "Re-enrolment for previous serving members can take as long as one year. The AFI&LT is working closely with CFRG and the career managers in an effort to reduce re-enrolment waiting time to four to six weeks."

That ain't happening ...

Hilander said:
Thankfully, I know someone at Recruiting Group HQ and they've just hastened the Medical Offices in Ottawa.  I asked the CFRC to hasten them, but they said they can't.  So, effectively, if it took 6 months to get my Med Docs, so be it.  That to me is unacceptable.

I can see a problem perhaps developing right here.

Woo is me.  Yes it takes a longer time to enroll someone with previous service than someone without.  So what.  Nobody made you get out and no one is making you get back in.  Should service records be more accessible?  Sure they should but I freaking guarantee that this is not anything that CFRG has any control over.  Enrolling someone in to the CF is a combination of several different entities all working on different agendas.  You as a former CF officer should set a better example and not be on here whining about how long it is taking you to get back.  I expect that from a ill-informed civilian not someone has been in before.  You want it?  You have to wait for it.

Yes keep making friends at the CFRC.  People who pull the "I know somebody at ..." a just a little too self important.

Back