• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UTPNCM Offers 2011

EO TECH said:
well im happy and frustated at the same time.

i just got accepted in Sigs o but at RMC. i never applied to go to it. told the PSO i DID NOT want to go. i am currently in a B of information system at UNB.

i was offered RMC with a choice of 5 degree.  math, physics, chemistry, space science or computer science. not one of them apply to my degree.

is there a way to counter this offer with going to a civi U or am i stuck with what i got. dont really want to go to RMC. hate the drill and the 2+ hour parades.

I have seen people get their UTPNCM messages changed but it requires some effort on your part.  You need to write an articulate memo/email outlining why it is the best interests of the CF for you to go to civvyU.  It could also be for compassionate reasons (ie child disability where care is set in place etc etc).  I probably wouldn't include the whole I hate parades bit if I were you ;) 

The past few years their has been more of a push for UTPs to go to RMC so that is probably why you didn't get a choice. 

edited as I can't tell the difference between where & were

EO TECH said:
well im happy and frustated at the same time.

i just got accepted in Sigs o but at RMC. i never applied to go to it. told the PSO i DID NOT want to go. i am currently in a B of information system at UNB.

i was offered RMC with a choice of 5 degree.  math, physics, chemistry, space science or computer science. not one of them apply to my degree.

is there a way to counter this offer with going to a civi U or am i stuck with what i got. dont really want to go to RMC. hate the drill and the 2+ hour parades.

You've been accepted for officer training.  Time to learn what "capitals" are.

EO TECH said:
dont really want to go to RMC. hate the drill and the 2+ hour parades.

You do realize you're in the military, right?    ::)

Think he's already part of it. But let's be honest, who likes 2+ hour parades?

meni0n said:
Think he's already part of it. But let's be honest, who likes 2+ hour parades?

True.  But if I was getting my education paid for, I don't think I'd be complaining too much.

PMedMoe said:
You do realize you're in the military, right?    ::)

I didn't want to go to RMC either and part of it was not wanting to wear a uniform at school and participate in military stuff outside of studies.  It certainly wasn't  my main reasons and by stating my reasons on my application in a clear and articulate manner was never even offered RMC.  If that is the only reason one doesn't want to go to RMC then I think it might be time to suck it up for a few years.

Wow. Good forums here.

I asked a simple question and had the grammar police, suck it up police and the be lucky what you have police all in one shot.

I never said i would not go to RMC. All i asked was is there a way to try and get it changed and whom i would ask to. Would going to the PSO be a good choice? And if i write a memo/email, who would i address it to? CoC, PSO?

man i happy with what i got just got a ton of ? and would like to have some answered.

You got your answer.  Any memo you write goes through your CoC and they will forward it.  I am sitting in the room right now with someone who has done it am basing my posts on their info.

As for the rest, your post looks like it was written by a kid with entitlement issues and the members jumped on it.  Despite what your intentions were this is the internet and we can't do know exactly what you would do unless you spell it out.  FWIW I wouldn't want to go to RMC either and most UTPs that I talk to say the same thing.

I don't know about your offer message but mine vlearly stating on that.  That's the only offer I'll get!

Good luck !

I got my offer a couple of weeks ago and  I have to go to RMC.  With my prior education I should only have to do the last 2 or 3 years (I have an Associates degree already).  I was quite happy about all of it, but everyone is starting to bum me out, including those on this site.  Is it really that awful there?  Is anyone in Otter Sqn now or graduated recently who can shed some light on the subject?  I can't see too many bad parts about getting paid $60000 a year to go to school for a few years.  So you have to wear a uniform...big deal.  It all seems a big step up from Field Amb lol.  BTW this being the new wussy generation, I have a hard time believing anyone is doing '2 hours of drill' anywhere, let alone RMC.

Chargersfan said:
I got my offer a couple of weeks ago and  I have to go to RMC.  With my prior education I should only have to do the last 2 or 3 years (I have an Associates degree already).  I was quite happy about all of it, but everyone is starting to bum me out, including those on this site.  Is it really that awful there?  Is anyone in Otter Sqn now or graduated recently who can shed some light on the subject?  I can't see too many bad parts about getting paid $60000 a year to go to school for a few years.  So you have to wear a uniform...big deal.  It all seems a big step up from Field Amb lol.  BTW this being the new wussy generation, I have a hard time believing anyone is doing '2 hours of drill' anywhere, let alone RMC.

From the guys I know at Otter, besides the whole uniform thing they say they have it pretty good.  They are for the most part left alone and don't do as much of the military stuff as the rest of RMC does.

Chargersfan said:

Chargersfan, there's no reason at all to be feeling bummed out.  Being paid your current pay to be a student for the next few years isn't a bad thing at all, previous associate degree notwithstanding.  Knowing a number of ROTP and UTPNCM members at RMC, I'm fairly confident that the amount of time you spend on the parade square is closer to two hours every other weekend, if that.  The days of hours of drill a day died when Royal Roads Drill Academy Military College closed in 1996.  If you try out for and are approved to a varsity sport, you will spend even less time on the parade square.  UTPNCMs in Otter Squadron have very few of the duties and activities that the ROTP cadets within the Cadet Wing have, so while not quite the same as if you were a stealth military student studying at CivU, I'm pretty sure you will have a pretty decent balance of academic, military and family life.

Regards
G2G

Thanks for the replies...I don't feel quite so crappy any more lol.  Looks like I'll have to dust off my soccer cleats too...or work on my volleyball serve..

Im sorry for sounding like a wuss on my first post. I reread it and yes it sounded like a 2 year old.

I have accepted my offer and will "suck" it up, after all we are in the army. Reason why i sounded like that was i will need all the help in the world just for the study part and would not like to be bothered with other stuff. I got 19 years in and that was the worst case scenario but hey like everybody said, 60k a year to go to school, cant beat that.

nick

Hey guys, congrats to all that have been accepted into the UT program.  Im currently at RMC in Otter Sqn just finishing up my first year.  I'll shed a little light on what our experience was like this last year.  There are times when we did quite a bit of parade practice, but it wasnt all year.  When we first got there in late Aug we had the arch parade.  Sept was probably the time when we were the most involved in parades and other college activites.  During this time the RO's are doing their FYOP which comes to an end on reunion weekend, which was the first weekend in Oct.  This is when all first years are formally welcomed to the college. The RO's got their cap badge and we got our coins.  So.....leading up to this there was quite a bit of parade practice, mostly after hours.  A couple times each semester there was also Commandant's weekends, which for Otter involved a parade on Sunday.  The second semester there was a lot less going on.  There was still a couple Commandant's weekends, but that was it.  From what I hear it gets pretty busy again in May.  Otter is pretty involved with prep training for summer courses (BMOQ, CAP etc) and grad parade.  At this point our academic year is done though.

The most difficult time was back in Sept.  You're getting adjusted to being in university full time, while giving up your time for parades and sports days.  For me, it got easier after the first couple of months.  If anybody had specific questions I may be able to answer them.  Good luck with your moves and hope to see you Aug. 

I was informally notified that I was not selected for PSel.  Lots of different rumours floating around in cyber-space.  I have yet to receive a non-selection message, but I have started to pursue other options.

The 11/12 SIP was released (thanks Joe) and it indicates that there were many cuts to the budget.  For example, PSel went from three spots for UTPNCM to one.  Pilot was heavily slashed as well, they are only taking three UTPNCM applications along with 45 Skilled DEO's.  All of the other trades are in the situation.

Good luck to everyone.

Has anyone gotten/heard of any Pilot offers?  I know that we are down to 3 spots this year, but I know a few people with UTPNCM applications in this year and as far as I know, none of them have heard anything either way.  I heard a rumour that they are delayed slightly due to another board that has to sit, but that is of course, an unofficial rumour...

Anyone who has rec'd their offers to RMC, have you got a posting msg yet?  If anyone has been to RMC with UTPNCM in the last few years, can you give me an idea of when I should get my msg, and what the reporting time frame is approximately?

Cheers

Back