• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Apparently...

Trump attempts to troll Harris by serving french fries at a Pennsylvania McDonald's​

Trump worked the fry machine and drive-thru as he continued to cast doubt, without evidence, on Harris' summer job years ago at one of the fast-food chain's restaurants.

They closed the restaurant for the day to stage the event. Any ‘customers’ were part of the campaign.

IMG_6031.jpeg

Closing down the business for most of a day so he could show up and pretend to work for half an hour checks out.

I don’t see this impressing anyone bar the clapping seals crowd, and their votes were a lock anyway. He did dodge a question about raising the minimum wage while there, though.

They closed the restaurant for the day to stage the event. Any ‘customers’ were part of the campaign.

View attachment 88573

Closing down the business for most of a day so he could show up and pretend to work for half an hour checks out.

I don’t see this impressing anyone bar the clapping seals crowd, and their votes were a lock anyway. He did dodge a question about raising the minimum wage while there, though.
Don't you just hate it when the truth gets in the way of a great story?

And obviously another pure stunt has gotten up the noses of a lot of people. Tsk.
I think you misunderstand why I post the weird stuff that Trump does.

He is a walking, talking meme at this point. I won’t speak for others, but when he refers to Arnold Palmer’s genitals, or works the fryer at McDonalds, or talks about people eating dogs and cats, it’s because it’s funny and outlandish. I laugh, post, and continue on. He is increasingly erratic, to the point that no one says that “it’s 5D chess” or some long-term strategy.

I might wonder why a large percentage of Americans support a literal (as in Oxford definition) buffoon, but in the end I don’t vote in their elections so I have no real say.

I might wonder why a large percentage of Americans support a literal (as in Oxford definition) buffoon, but in the end I don’t vote in their elections so I have no real say.

Actually, this is the Oxford definition of a buffoon:

Boris Johnson Mouth GIF

Anyone who keeps income tax returns indefinitely probably has a copy of an employer-provided form confirming earnings.
Seven years plus current for me. Fun side story. My dad was an accountant (federal government) and a bit of a pack rat (he grew up on a farm during the Depression - you didn't toss anything). Going through the house after he passed I found every income tax return back to the 1940s. Just for giggles I kept the one of the year of my birth. The entire return, including the pre-printed tax tables, was four pages.

Nah, we’re just laughing at him again.
For sure. I'm thinking of all the members of the commentariat currently seized with his fry cook campaign stop, though. They don't seem to have figured out the simple politicial jiu-jitsu. The Trump campaign took Harris's attempt to connect with voters, diluted and mocked it, and made it into their own "happy warrior" connect-with-ordinary-Americans moment. They're laughing, too, but for different reasons.

For sure. I'm thinking of all the members of the commentariat currently seized with his fry cook campaign stop, though. They don't seem to have figured out the simple politicial jiu-jitsu. The Trump campaign took Harris's attempt to connect with voters, diluted and mocked it, and made it into their own "happy warrior" connect-with-ordinary-Americans moment. They're laughing, too, but for different reasons.
shrug like I said, those votes were already a lock. There’s nobody sitting out there undecided on this election with everything else that’s happened who’s gonna be swayed from sitting on the fence by him briefly LARPing as a minimum wage drive through worker.

shrug like I said, those votes were already a lock. There’s nobody sitting out there undecided on this election with everything else that’s happened who’s gonna be swayed from sitting on the fence by him briefly LARPing as a minimum wage drive through worker.
Every bit helps. If people are writing and talking about it dismissively, they must think it's hurting Harris's chances.

Issue of character. People shouldn't pad their resumes. What does it say if a person pads their resume with chickensh!t in an effort to pander to voters?
People shouldn't be convicted of 34 felony counts either and be facing prosecution on many more, but the MAGA crowd doesn't seem to mind that.

If people are writing and talking about it dismissively, they must think it's hurting Harris's chances.
or they think it's something so cartoonishly laughable that they can't not write about it. People aren't laughing at trump's stunt cause they think he's a threat, they're laughing at him cause he's a joke.

People aren't laughing at trump's stunt cause they think he's a threat, they're laughing at him cause he's a joke.
OTOH the threat really lies with those people who do not see that he is a joke and who will vote for him because they think that a) all Democrats are the Anti-Christ or b) the joke will fix what they believe is wrong with government when in reality, as President, he accomplished very little for the common man in his four years and made government not just worse, but dangerous.

:cool:

or they think it's something so cartoonishly laughable that they can't not write about it. People aren't laughing at trump's stunt cause they think he's a threat, they're laughing at him cause he's a joke.
Politics 101. This was a stunt, like catching a football or taking a ride in a tank or touring a cheese factory. But Trump caught his football and made light of himself doing something he doesn't actually know anything about and didn't look too goofy in his apron. This was a win for him.

I think you misunderstand why I post the weird stuff that Trump does.

He is a walking, talking meme at this point. I won’t speak for others, but when he refers to Arnold Palmer’s genitals, or works the fryer at McDonalds, or talks about people eating dogs and cats, it’s because it’s funny and outlandish. I laugh, post, and continue on. He is increasingly erratic, to the point that no one says that “it’s 5D chess” or some long-term strategy.

People act like this is new. Anyone that looks seriously at Trump will see a guy that's having fun. Personally, I think the way he trolls people that can't handle it, perhaps like yourself, is amusing. Go ahead and slag him. Do you think he cares what people like you have to say? Of course, it's no wonder you're upset that over half the voters, that have a real stake in the election, consider you wildly wrong. You act like he's never done the job before. You're a double outlier. You're Canadian and anti republican. In other words, immaterial to what happens. Keep attacking him personally though, I need a daily laugh.

Last edited:
So was swaying to the music for thirty minutes rather than fielding questions during a townhall Q&A.

🍻
Except, it appears, nobody there seemed as upset about it, as you and others here are. On the contrary, most people there were having a good time. I'll give much more credence to those that were there and their opinion, as true registered voters, than some non resident who can't even vote. Those that hate the guy will attempt to seize the most miniscule, outlandish reasons to publicly slag him, IMO. Venting ones spleen about things a person doesn't agree with or can control, is amusing. I don't think many people missed the Q&A anyway. After 4 years as POTUS and the last 3 years of campaigning, I doubt there's very much people don't already know about him, including his thoughts and actions. Yet they still turn out in the thousands to see him. Owning over half the current voter percentage has to count for something. Unless you’re a Democrat who believes over half the voters in the US, are ignorant rednecks, deplorables and dumb hillbillies.

Back