• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Election: 2016

Under the heading of Know Your Enemy here is an interesting article by Judge Napolitano.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/07/21/judge-napolitano-what-if-fix-was-in-for-hillary-at-obama-justice-department.html

What if the folks who run the Department of Political Justice recently were told that the republic would suffer if Hillary Clinton were indicted for espionage because Donald Trump might succeed Barack Obama in the presidency? What if espionage is the failure to safeguard state secrets and the evidence that Clinton failed to safeguard them is unambiguous and overwhelming?

Sounds like he has some sources.

Cruz reminds me of, looks a bit like Sen McCarthy.

tomahawk6 said:
Under the heading of Know Your Enemy here is an interesting article by Judge Napolitano.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/07/21/judge-napolitano-what-if-fix-was-in-for-hillary-at-obama-justice-department.html

What if the folks who run the Department of Political Justice recently were told that the republic would suffer if Hillary Clinton were indicted for espionage because Donald Trump might succeed Barack Obama in the presidency? What if espionage is the failure to safeguard state secrets and the evidence that Clinton failed to safeguard them is unambiguous and overwhelming?

What if this guy doesn't have a clue and that's the reason every single statement in his article starts with "what if" and he was using that device merely to avoid potential law suits based on defamation ?

And what if he stopped calling himself "judge", which he isn't anymore?

And what if he was to join the ranks of the conspiracy theorists of America?

And what if he wrote fiction books instead of claiming to be a serious (well as serious a can be when you work of Fox News) unbiassed media commentator?

Just saying  ;D 

Starting every sentence in an article with what if creates something which scientists call "not even false", meaning that, like any other 'scientific" statement if it cannot even be proven false, it has no value whatsoever as a statement.

Well if we are going to talk conspiracy theories here's a good one.

http://blackbag.gawker.com/is-donald-trump-running-a-false-flag-campaign-to-help-h-1723925057

Basically that Trump is actually trying to get Clinton elected and that this is one massive plan on the Clintons' part to destabilise the Republicans.

tomahawk6 said:
Most of the also rans are petty men,who dont deserve to be President.Cruz has already stated he will be running in 2020,but after his failure to endorse Trump he wont stand much of a chance.Historically people who dont muster behind the nominee dont recover politically.

I disagree.

It depends on what the 2016 outcome is. If Trump loses in a close vote, Cruz will be blamed and vilified for these antics.

If Trump loses in a landslide, and the down ticket results damage the party's holdings in Congress then Cruz stands in a good position to offer a better vision than they did in 2016. (it was hard to type that with a straight face) A landslide loss will essentially show that the party f'd up in letting Trump direct the narrative right from the start, and ignored their own 2012 postmortem results.

If Trump wins :rofl: then it will be a moot point and Cruz will have to wait until 2024. Unless the end of days actually occurs as many are predicting a Trump win will bring, then you can maybe see Cruz standing in a position to challenge a sitting president for the nomination.

Personally I believe Cruz was an idiot for trying to walk the fine line when he pledged to endorse the party's nominee at the first of the debates, then go all HULK when Trump pulled his BS on Cruz's wife and father but not rescind that same pledge, and then refuse to endorse at the speech. And the Trump camp is just as tarred with the stunt they pulled, by allowing Cruz to make the speech he did, or put him on the stage at all. They were well aware of what was going to be said, and then staged Trump's arrival to detract from the speech, and as some have said perhaps prompted a lot of the negative reaction at the end.

Remember that the is a 3rd alternative to Dumb and Entitled.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/06/30/is-this-gary-johnsonbill-weld-spot-the-g

cupper said:
Remember that the is a 3rd alternative to Dumb and Entitled.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/06/30/is-this-gary-johnsonbill-weld-spot-the-g
If he could make it to 15 percent and get on the debate stage it would be a dream come true for me.

He's also killing it with the troops

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/288546-poll-libertarian-johnson-beating-trump-clinton-among-active-duty-troops

Bill Clinton took suspension in AR in order to prevent being disbarred, and was in fact disbarred from practicing before the Supreme Court.  I don't see any way to spin that more favourably.  No-one disputes his association with Jeffrey Epstein.

FBI Director Comey essentially laid out as facts all the particulars of the misdemeanour charge which should have been brought against Hillary Clinton, and then offered up some imagined distinction between "gross negligence" and "extremely careless" (defined where in law, I wonder) as an excuse not to do so.  There is guilt, and there is guilt in law.  Hillary is guilty, but we don't know if she would be found guilty in law because Democrats will no longer discipline their own.

Trump at least has the novelty of lying about mostly trivial, personal issues.  But even if he wins, I can't see him surviving a nomination challenge in 2020.

I am beginning to suspect that there may be an active campaign within the party machine to sabautage Trump's run at every possible turn. Latest news has come out that his speech this evening was leaked by someone on the inside of the campaign to a the pro Hillary Superpac Correct The Message a short while before it was previewed to the press outlets.

At the very least it is another example of poor management by the campaign that has been common place during the convention, and going back in the run for the nomination.

The Democrat's disconnect from reality is going to do more to help Trump than any other factor:

Attachments

• obama_versus_reality_7-22-16-1-600x328.jpg
    obama_versus_reality_7-22-16-1-600x328.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 130
Then you have the current occupant of 1600 cracking a joke during a presser about Munich.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/07/obama-cracks-joke-daughter-making-statement-munich-attack/

An anti-abortion Democrat to make Hillary's ticket more palatable for conservative US voters?

Wall Street Journal

Sen. Tim Kaine Seen as Clinton’s VP Pick
Virginian with Spanish-speaking skills and low-key style could aid Democrat Hillary Clinton in the general election

(...FULL ARTICLE AT LINK ABOVE)

cupper: 
I am beginning to suspect that there may be an active campaign within the party machine to sabautage Trump's run at every possible turn. Latest news has come out that his speech this evening was leaked by someone on the inside of the campaign to a the pro Hillary Superpac Correct The Message a short while before it was previewed to the press outlets.

At the very least it is another example of poor management by the campaign that has been common place during the convention, and going back in the run for the nomination.

I heard on two TV news reports it was leaked by, guess?

A media person. Now isn't that funny. I guess they don't like been called what they are by Trump.

Thucydides said:
The Democrat's disconnect from reality is going to do more to help Trump than any other factor:

Yes, the Democrats disconnect......

http://mashable.com/2016/07/22/jon-stewart-comeback-colbert/#XR4u9lJY2Oqz

S.M.A. said:
An anti-abortion Democrat to make Hillary's ticket more palatable for conservative US voters?

Wall Street Journal

Kaine personally is against abortion, however he also believes that it is a personal choice and that the government has no place in telling people what is right and wrong in the case of abortion. So this was not a choice to woo social conservatives.

The Kaine choice does a ouple of things. It shores up support in a swing state, Virginia. It also gives her a boost in the middle to appeal to moderates. And Kaine's fluency in Spanish shores up the Latino vote.

Kaine has a tendency to be wonkish, but he also can deliver explanations in ways that the average person can understand, ala Warren, where Hillary has troubles.

The biggest knock against Kaine is that he is boring. But maybe that works in this cycle.

Kaine was the safe choice.

FJAG said:
I'll just correct the point on the Clintons' "disbarment". Neither were ever disbarred. Bill Clinton received a five year suspension in 2001 for "evasive and misleading answers" during the Lewinski discovery process.

In other than legalese weasel words, Bill was essentially disbarred.  An interesting point is that neither of the prominent lawyer couple, the Obamas, is a member of the bar, having somehow whizzed it away.  And don't tell me they didn't want it anyway.

Back