• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updating Your File

Milhouse

Inactive
Reaction score
So how does one update their file? I've gotta take a drive down to Hamilton hopefully next week to drop off some medical papers. I wanna know what i need to do. Just tell them, or you need proof? If so, what kind? Searched and came up with nothing.

It varies, it's relative with the content of the subject/matter being discussed.

What update are you referring to?

After you're interview, most, if not all updates need to be notified via a written communique to your file manager.

I got my forklift licence a while back. They said they wanted transferable skills, also volunteering at a jet museum.

i want to know how to continue

I just sent an update via email.

Hopefully, that will work.

Keep me posted if you discover a better way, I suppose.

[Edit] Buggered up, wrong thread.

[Edit again] The email worked, my file has been updated.. Just give them a couple days, they're swamped!

Any updates about your transcripts?  Did you talk to your highschool?

I just had to drop off the medical papers, and brought in the fork lift certificate. Even the recruiters said volunteering wasn't going to help at all, weird.  Now I'm wondering whats up, none of my references have been called. Has this happened to anyone else. Search thing seems to be down.

Milhouse said:
  Now I'm wondering whats up, none of my references have been called. Has this happened to anyone else. Search thing seems to be down.

I believe the reference calls are outsourced.  And the RC's seemed to be swamped at the moment, so it might take them a while to get the contact info out and then transfer back in when the company is done with them

When I was going through my recruiting process, it was about this time of year, too.  Just show a bit of patience with the recruiting center, as they are probably minimum manned at this point, seeing as it's getting close to Christmas Leave period, and all.  You may feel like your file is dragging along right now, but watch in the new year, and especially closer to April 1st (new fiscal year) when things seem to ramp up right quick.

As for any sort of qualifications to be added to your file, email works great, but I would either call the RC, or, if you have the time and the resources to go down there, there really is something to be said about the personal visit to the RC to update your file.  It also gives the recruiters the impression that you really want this and that it's important to you.  When I was going through my recruiting, I was unemployed for a good portion of it, and my wife and I were scraping by with what she was making for wages plus my EI, but if I had stuff to drop off to the RC for my file, we made a point to get out that way as soon as possible to drop that stuff off.  It just seemed to help them put a face to the name, in my opinion anyways.

Also, anything you give them, have them photocopy it, and YOU document who took it on what date, etc.  This way you keep a "ghost" file of your paperwork.  May seem overboard, but I have kept EVERY shred of paperwork from recruiting, through BMQ, and on.  My wife hates that I still have copies of leave passes from BMQ, but I keep all of that stuff, because you never know when you'll need it.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents...

Good luck!

Rev

Back