• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unsure -Should I Go To The Mess?

FlightSergeantRose

Reaction score
Someone in my unit my bugging me today. I dont go to mess meetings, apparently they are manditory, but seeing as I just started in Sept and I havent even been on bmq yet, I dont feel that I should be there. I dont feel comfortable really since I'm the only one that has no training and I don't know anyone.
This guy told me they would listen to me if I had a suggestion for something, and maybe they would, but I dont think they'd give a **** really, especially since they dont know me at all.
My plan was to go to unit functions after I have been on bmq for various reasons, and noone said anything til now.
Maybe I'm just being anti-social. . .Anyways, I want to know what u guys think I should do.

If your Payin Mess Dues Go to It.. Its Your mess And Its your say

Or Maybe Thats Been Drilled Into My Head To Much

wouldnt it be more logical to go because you dont know anyone? It would be a great place to meet some people and get comfortable.

Even if you don‘t know anyone there, just go and see what mess life is like.

No better way to get to know the guys than over a few brews. Trust me, you‘ll have no shortage of guys wanting to "advise" you and tell you all their war stories.

Mess meetings are mandatory...considered a parade by some...

Go and toast the Queen and have a few pints...don‘t worry about having nothing in common with some strangers because you already do...

Being forced to attened a messs meeting! :D

It‘s your mess...have your say.

Regards

Yah gotta start some time ... so yah might as well start now ...

Get along, little dogey ... go on - shoo!

Originally posted by Spr. WIlliamson:
[qb] If your Payin Mess Dues Go to It.. Its Your mess And Its your say

Or Maybe Thats Been Drilled Into My Head To Much [/qb]
It‘s your money!
GO!
You will learn and be entertained at the same time.
The Mess is your place to relax and drink if you do imbibe.
Mess‘ also hold parties,dance‘s etc.
Take an interest as it‘s your money!!

Back