• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

To ED&T or not to ED&T

K8HR

Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm a newly enrolled private at a reserve unit (haven't done BMQ). I'm in school full time and am contemplating going on ED&T for next semester (Jan-Apr 24). Reason is that my school program requires me to do shift work and I don't know if I can attend enough parade nights to stay off NES.

My big question: Can I complete and submit for paid asyncronous DLN courses while I'm on ED&T? I kinda need the money...

TIA!

You cannot collect pay and be on ED&T at the same time.

Have you checked with your chain of command regarding BMQ course dates? Some reserve units run weekend sessions, but not necessarily starting in the winter months.

You cannot collect pay and be on ED&T at the same time.

Have you checked with your chain of command regarding BMQ course dates? Some reserve units run weekend sessions, but not necessarily starting in the winter months.
The unit is running weekend BMQ, but with my shift work, I won't be able to atend most of the weekends. The unit is trying to get me in on a summer BMQ.

Could I not go on ED&T, attend the parades I can, and use the DLN courses to stay of NES?

The unit is running weekend BMQ, but with my shift work, I won't be able to atend most of the weekends. The unit is trying to get me in on a summer BMQ.

Could I not go on ED&T, attend the parades I can, and use the DLN courses to stay of NES?
No- ED&T stands for “Exempt Drill and Training”.

Being ED&T prevents NES (non-effective strength).

Sounds like you need to engage your chain of command on a work schedule that you can both agree to.

You will need to talk to your chain of command and explain your situation. You might be able to take a few short blocks of ED&T rather than one long one.

If you can parade enough to stay off NES (potentially combined with DLN courses), you shouldn't need to go on ED&T.

If you can parade enough to stay off NES (potentially combined with DLN courses), you shouldn't need to go on ED&T.

This.

Don't go ED&T if you can avoid it. It's a colossal PITA for both you and the BOR staff.

One parade a month should keep you off the NES list. With four weeknights, and one weekend, a month to choose from you should be able to attend at least one full day.

Back