• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

Well, yea, that's literally how society works. Would you prefer anarchy?

I'm being glib, by the way, so please don't defenestrate me! (I just learned that word today; thanks @Brad Sallows!)

Taxation is not how society works. It's facet of our society. And reducing taxes won't take us into anarchy.

If you're happy paying an ever climbing tax bill, fill yer boots. I am not.

The Big Cod fires a salvo, scores a hit, and then fires for effect.

“The Canadian dream, so wonderfully launched in 1867 with the partnership that was the Dominion of Canada, is dead. Killed by ideology masking as leadership. Slaughtered by economic suicide posing as climate control. Bled by crushing taxes wasted on scandalous and foolish endeavours. Crushed by debt that compromises long-term fiscal viability. Wounded by battles over responsible care for children. Frightened by our abandonment of some 300,000 Canadians, attacked not because they’re bombing Gaza, but because they’re Jews.”

The Big Cod fires a salvo, scores a hit, and then fires for effect.

“The Canadian dream, so wonderfully launched in 1867 with the partnership that was the Dominion of Canada, is dead. Killed by ideology masking as leadership. Slaughtered by economic suicide posing as climate control. Bled by crushing taxes wasted on scandalous and foolish endeavours. Crushed by debt that compromises long-term fiscal viability. Wounded by battles over responsible care for children. Frightened by our abandonment of some 300,000 Canadians, attacked not because they’re bombing Gaza, but because they’re Jews.”

This is the same man who fought to get a war criminal made a general, right?

This is the same man who fought to get a war criminal made a general, right?

Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Uncle Rickey fought to get Serge L'Abbe retroactively promoted to BGen.

Serge was the war criminal who gave illegal orders to the CAR.

In so doing, Rick spat on the profession of arms in Canada.
Not his best moment, for sure. I manned up one day, years after both our retirements and told him that was a disappointment for me, and he appreciated the frankness and while he didn’t directly say he wouldn’t have done it over in retrospect, I think he knew it was an overage of personal trust to someone who didn’t honour him with that trust…on the whole of his body of work, I give him a mulligan or two. He was well over the ‘net positive contribution’ line.

Hard to imagine that things haven’t been as good for a Trudeau, especially how awesome Katie Telford said she was protecting MPs from improper intelligence assessments…

In one instance, Telford recalled that an intelligence agency had “mistakenly identified a threat linked to an MP.” She said it “didn’t seem right” and asked officials to “do whatever work they could to further substantiate” those claims.

“To the credit of the officials involved, they went and they worked through the night, and they came to us the next day and reversed the assessment because they had made a mistake in how they were looking at the information,” she said.

Telford maintained that had she not pressed for more information, this person’s political career would have been stalled without valid reason.

“It taught us not to have blind faith or first-blush trust in the information that we would see because we watched that reversal of the assessment happen and it would have had a significant impact on this person’s career,” she added.

If only there was more Katie Telford for Canada…

Or…maybe not…especially when PMO and PCO coordinated inaction to not inform the PM of the interference, for example, during the 2021 election…ie. Telford as COS PMO and Charette as Clerk of the Privy Council…

There were other alleged instances of foreign interference during the 2021 election where Trudeau was kept in the dark by senior public servants before they determined they did not need immediate action on his part, but he was informed by his political team.

Former clerk of the Privy Council, Janice Charette, testified that she did not brief Trudeau [firectoy, or via PMO COS Katie Telford] on specific matters related to foreign interference during the 2021 election.

…and yet CSIS head didn’t think Telford, Trudeau or the rest of the Government was doing enough to address interference…

An Oct. 26, 2022 note of talking points for CSIS Director Vigneault ahead of a briefing for Trudeau reveals that the spy agency believed that the government wasn’t doing enough to fight foreign interference, leaving the field wide open for Canada’s adversaries to act with “no consequences.”

The note also said Canada was lagging behind its Five Eyes intelligence alliance allies (U.S., U.K., Australia and New Zealand) in terms of dealing with the threat of foreign interference through legislation or proactively publicizing known interference activities to deter future efforts.

“Ultimately, state actors are able to conduct (foreign interference) successfully in Canada because there are no consequences, either legal or political. (Foreign interference) is therefore a low-risk and high-reward endeavour,” reads the note.

OUCH!

Paul Wells interviews Justin Ling about his interview with Justin Trudeau.

Synopsis; "I don't like that the people don't like me. We're doing great work and you ingrates don't appreciate all the great work we're doing, and you don't hear about the great work we're doing because we are working too hard on the great work to have the time to tell you about all the great work we're doing! Also its all Harper's fault!"

Not that I am defending the man, but could you point to his conviction on that crime, just in the interests of accuracy?

Never convicted. Nor charged under the NDA.

His conduct, however, had some fairly comprehensive reviews conducted:

Starting at page 1005: Information archivée dans le Web | Information Archived on the Web

Other conduct deficiencies were identified, then severed following legal action: https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/fct/do...deed0c4cf9&searchUrlHash=AAAAAQAETGFiYgAAAAAB

Really? So maybe General Hillier looked at this situation differently. No offence, but your putting on some tough mental gymnastics to try and make Hillier look like less than a stellar officer.

Personally, I think you need to tone down your accusations.

Anybody know if Serge Labbe was released honourably or not?

...or any other statue of Canada, which means he is NOT a war criminal in the eyes of the law. Labelling him as such, in the absence of a formal actionable accusation or conviction, is improper.
His conduct, however, had some fairly comprehensive reviews conducted:

Starting at page 1005: Information archivée dans le Web | Information Archived on the Web

Other conduct deficiencies were identified, then severed following legal action: https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/fct/do...deed0c4cf9&searchUrlHash=AAAAAQAETGFiYgAAAAAB
This, however, renders him ineligible and SHOULD HAVE precluded his eventual, retroactive promotion to BGen, IMO. Some career stains can not be washed clean.
Anybody know if Serge Labbe was released honourably or not?
Yes, he was. There were no grounds to deny him an honourable release.

...or any other statue of Canada, which means he is NOT a war criminal in the eyes of the law. Labelling him as such, in the absence of a formal actionable accusation or conviction, is improper.

This, however, renders him ineligible and SHOULD HAVE precluded his eventual, retroactive promotion to BGen, IMO. Some career stains can not be washed clean.

Yes, he was. There were no grounds to deny him an honourable release.
I like your factual read on this.

My take is this. Somalia was a whole lotta big ugly shit show. Way more than 1 or 2 people caused that mess. I was not involved and everything I heard is from friends of mine who were boots on the ground. Its their story not mine.

If BGen Labbe was never convicted, so be it. Does it make him a swell guy? Maybe maybe not. I personally don't know him. I don't think calling him a war criminal is fair.

Paul Wells interviews Justin Ling about his interview with Justin Trudeau.

Synopsis; "I don't like that the people don't like me. We're doing great work and you ingrates don't appreciate all the great work we're doing, and you don't hear about the great work we're doing because we are working too hard on the great work to have the time to tell you about all the great work we're doing! Also its all Harper's fault!"
Pretty blunt "no shortage of mistakes to show" piece in an organ not known for being overall supportive of Team Blue stuff, for sure.

Back