• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

Site C Dam construction camp near Fort St John.
Thanks Brihard,

I knew it wasnt' Fort McMurray but it does go to show how fast "temporary" housing can be put up to accommodate large scale numbers of people. They definitely aren't as robust as traditional builds but when you figure you can house entire towns/small cities in a single camp like that I wonder about options.

For Canadians who don’t want to think about the future…the way Trudeau & Co. want them to think about the future. Pretty clear statement of intent.
Depending on interpretation, I could get behind that: if you live your life as a "grasshopper" and don't plan for your future, you don't get anything transferred to you from "ants". But I doubt the government intends to apply it that way.

Depending on interpretation, I could get behind that: if you live your life as a "grasshopper" and don't plan for your future, you don't get anything transferred to you from "ants". But I doubt the government intends to apply it that way.
No. He’s using it, I believe, to gaslight and penalize those who don’t hop aboard his utopian vision of the future.

No. He’s using it, I believe, to gaslight and penalize those who don’t hop aboard his utopian vision of the future.

His vision:

Sun Sunrise GIF by BUBBLE

Hmm. Not what I was expecting. I suspect the latest abacus poll on Friday was possibly not included? Not sure.

CPC and NDP drop with LPC looking to have taken to gains.

But there is still a wide margin with the CPC well ahead and in majority territory.

Interesting.

I think we may have reached the ceiling for the CPC and are in hover mode. Which is dangerous if they don't come up with some new material.

Interesting.

I think we may have reached the ceiling for the CPC and are in hover mode. Which is dangerous if they don't come up with some new material.
Isn’t that what we figured would happen, since there is another year to go until the expected election time?

Isn’t that what we figured would happen, since there is another year to go until the expected election time?

I am questioning how much longer the NDP-LPC confidence and supply agreement will last. I understand some MP pensions are at in jepoardy of an early election, but I think t he connection is getting more and more tenuous.

We saw Singh break with support for the Carbon Tax last week.

I am questioning how much longer the NDP-LPC confidence and supply agreement will last. I understand some MP pensions are at in jepoardy of an early election, but I think t he connection is getting more and more tenuous.

We saw Singh break with support for the Carbon Tax last week.
NDP’s flagship is still pharmacare. They need to see that fully eventualize, and the way it’s set up, I believe that’s regulatory. They know that anything not put into place before an election likely won’t be afterwards given the likelihood of a CPC win.

Interesting.

I think you’re right in general, though I don’t think they’re in danger. Each party has a realistic minimum and maximum support, and CPC are probably riding their crest right now. The trick is aligning your most advantageous level of support with an election, which of course they can’t control. A perfect alignment like that is an outlier result but does occasionally happen, e.g., the NDP Orange wave some years back where a bunch of them got elected by surprise.

LPC and NDP will be trying to get CPC support back down so they can try to eke out another supported minority. I don’t think they’ll pull it off, but they’ll try.

Not sure that this will go ever well. Actually I’m pretty sure it won’t.
I read the article and finished it thinking "Nope..."

To say this government has a 'fiscal responsibility' problem is an understated epic statement.

And what I mean by that is most Canadians have a lack of faith in this government when it comes to fiscal responsibility... and most Canadians don't know the half of it.

If we simply take the ArriveCan scandal at $60M+ $42M spent buying back guns after the gun ban took effect (that purchased 0 guns) thats a total of $100 million dollars.

$100 million dollars...to accomplish absolutely nothing...

(How does one spend $42 million buying 0 guns, anyway? If 0 guns were bought, and if my long form math is correct...then after carrying the 1 from the one column to the other and dividing the square root of that number by pie, shouldn't the amount spent to buy 0 guns be $0?)

Those are just 2 things that were caught by the watchful eye of the opposition, and hence have received media coverage.

How many fishy expenses have there been that have flown under the radar undetected? I'm assuming it's more than just these 2 things...

At the end of the day...

You can't spend more money in 8 years than all previous governments combined and then try to sell yourself as fiscally responsible...

You can't collect more in tax revenue than any previous government (while literally giving your citizens the middle finger) and deliver absolutely nothing for it, and try to sell yourself as fiscally responsible...

You can't waste $102M on absolutely nothing, and call yourself fiscally responsible...

You can't double the national debt, and sell yourself as fiscally responsible...

The list goes on.

Allowing rent payments to be considered on your credit score isn't going to remotely make up for a decade of sheer f*king incompetence, blatant corruption, and an open contempt towards those pesky little citizens that are beneath them - especially if they have to collect even *more tax now...

And for what?

What is actually so f*king expensive that is costing us *so much money?

The government is already collecting GST, and a carbon tax, and has raised income taxes -- yet with all that revenue they still run deficits to the order of tens of billions of dollars every year, while giving us nothing to show for it.

So what is actually costing us so much money? Show us what's costing so much before asking people to pay even more tax...

Thankfully our little Gremlin is actually more intolerable than JT himself, and has absolutely ZERO credibility in the HoC when it comes to anything of a financial nature.

The public is tired of being lied to & gaslighted, and isn't buying her bulls**t anymore. But I guarantee that's exactly what she's going to do on her 'big announcement day! ... try to sell the public on stupid ideas to win votes, while telling us how amazing we're doing as a country.

(Which might not sound so absurd if people could watch from anywhere other than their tent city or ATCO trailer...)

If we simply take the ArriveCan scandal at $60M+ $42M spent buying back guns after the gun ban took effect (that purchased 0 guns) thats a total of $100 million dollars.

$100 million dollars...to accomplish absolutely nothing...

What is actually so f*king expensive that is costing us *so much money?
HIJACK

The OAS at 68.3Billion and rising. 6-10B going to the wealthy annually. That's literally 100x higher than the sum of ArriveCan and gun buyback scandals every single year, AND RISING. Hell including the 40m MetoWe stood to be paid for that scandal is a rounding error.

Scandals are draw the eye and ire of the populace, and are excellent politically because they can be universally panned. But real fiscal responsibility comes with hard discussions. The decision to reverse the raise from 65 to 67 and to put an non-mean tested 10% boost to OAS over 75 are far more impactful on our bottom line than all the scandals and snafu's combined.

Edit: Here's a chart showing the annual cost of PMJT policy choices on this file. The cost of waste in payments to wealthy seniors is on top of that.
T.Tombe Cost of OAS Changes.PNG

Back