• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tim Hortons in Theatre Merged Thread (in AFG, no plans to preposition)

I'm sure that the troops will deeply appreciate that little taste of home!

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=6a6e5b95-b0ba-4423-ae86-356b52ee1511&k=83268

Here is the story

except from article:

"Whether there's an actual Tim Hortons (store) or not, it does allow us to identify with home.''

He said the coffee stand will be very handy during late night or early morning patrols and when troops need something to remind them of home.

"Let's paint a scenario of a patrol going out of Kandahar. It could be 2 a.m. ... and this would be several hours before deploying. Quite conceivably they would attend ... with a coffee in hand because it is ... semi-informal, and what people do at 2 a.m. is drink coffee,'' he said.

Like it will be open that late for those who patrol at 0200 in the am....

Yeah, I'll believe it when someone puts the first picture of a KAF served Tim's on this site.

good story painswessex......
while I think it would be even better to have Timmy's coffee served (gratis) in the Mess Kitchen (like they have on HMCShips) - I guess this is the next best thing.
Wonder if they are going to have a drive thru window designed for LAVIIIs?
..... whups - potholes and spilled coffee.... don't do like the old lady from California - put the coffee cup between her thighs and ended up with 3rd degree burns from the coffee :warstory:

jawdrop.gif

Never thought I'd ever see the day.....saw it on A Channel Ottawa.

As for them being open at 0200.....I'll believe it when I see it.

Regards

who is going to serve the finely brewed coffee? I personaly think a couple of MAXIM girls in bikinis would be nice ( and a equally attractive guy for the ladies)

geo said:
while I think it would be even better to have Timmy's coffee served (gratis) in the Mess Kitchen (like they have on HMCShips) - I guess this is the next best thing.
The KBR kitchens have even managed to get salad wrong.  We don't need them touching Timmies.

Hmmmm............
Call me skeptical but: Do you think some Nepalese or Roumanian will be able to do better?

So far they are making much better coffee than KBR. 

. . . but, I'm still content to brew it myself.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060306/afghan_timhortons_06030y/20060307?hub=Canada

A little taste of home. The company is one class operation to support the troops like this.

"Although Joyce sold his share of the chain in 2003, he received a personal inquiry from Canadian General Rick Hiller about expanding the chain to satisfy his troops' cravings for a taste of home. This put the java-mission in motion"

And here I thought it as the email I sent to Mr. Joyce at his Fox Harbour golf course.

;D

Maybe I'll put my business know-how to good use and submit my application for Tim Hortons - Kandahar instead of the ROTC program.

Then again...

tomahawk6 said:
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060306/afghan_timhortons_06030y/20060307?hub=Canada

CTV fails for using the term peacekeeping or peacekeeper 4 times in that article...

clk320 said:
PM inbound.
The PM is going to Khandahar?  Anyway, just wondering, if someone "over there" rolls the rim and wins, can they have the SUV sent over?  :dontpanic:

vonGarvin said:
The PM is going to Khandahar?  Anyway, just wondering, if someone "over there" rolls the rim and wins, can they have the SUV sent over?  :dontpanic:

Personal Messge    ::)

Maybe roll up the rim and win a G-wagon with 22 inch spinners and a chrome .50 cal.  ;D

Jantor said:
Maybe roll up the rim and win a G-wagon with 22 inch spinners and a chrome .50 cal.  ;D
And a free visit from "Pimp my ride" LOL

Back