• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Those of us returning from summer courses...

Bratok said:
The PLQ system will most likely be changed next year again to an all-arms PLQ and combat-arms PLQ. The all-arms crse will have no field portion to it, except for small party taskings.

Do you have a reference for this?  I've heard rumours and/or wishful thinking, but have no reliable sources.

As a PLQ Mods 1-5 qualified Int Op, I have been waiting for a chance to get three weeks off my civilian job to complete the Mod 6.  I have seen several Cpls promoted to MCpl in the meantime while I await the final 3-4 weeks to qualify.

RE: WARRIOR TRAINING

ELOC/MLOC 1 mandatory hmmm - that is something we will have to check out

As for the 'section attack' there is an interesting discussion on this forum that is well worth reading... and be sure to check out the reference materials as well.

http://army.ca/forums/threads/18270.0.html

We do TOETS prior to our range shoot each year....

Seems between the mandatory training of having to teach our Voice Procedure courses and a Drivers Wheel course to our new troops to qualify them for their 3's courses - while the rest of us do support ex's - we threw the baby out with the wetnap that we had.... or this may be the result of an overstretched military.  

Are we concerned - Are we frustrated - Are we wondering WHY the motto "Soldier FIRST" seems to have skipped over us  - OH YEAH  :rage:

had more but realized as I read it that I was staring at a BEADWINDOW 2 - doooh - practice what you preach... practice what you preach...

I got back from my SQ and DP1 Armoured Recce Courses.

The c6 and c9 day was fun.

Also the airmobile recce op I did at SG04 was awesome to!  ;D

Got back from the SQ and BIQ/DP1 (Infantry) courses at Meaford this summer...

Not bad, although the weather was terrible for the SQ FTX. We had a couple people go down with heat stroke or hypothermia in a span of a couple days.

Ya gotta love a place like Meaford where you can have cases of heatstroke AND hypothermia in a couple of days.

Just back from Meaford, BMQ/SQ.

I found BMQ to be a little boring, but SQ was a lot more fun.  I found there to be a LOT of competition between the platoons, which could be good or bad, depending on the circumstances.  (if you were there you would know)  C6 and C9 were a lotta fun and I heard our Platoon Comander on my SQ FTX actually say we had something like 14 000 blank rounds for the C6, or some ridiculous number like that.  On SQ it seemed that the PT was lacking, we seemed to do more of it on BMQ for some reason, and I know a lot of the other guys felt the same.

The BMQ FTX was more of a camping trip then an actually FTX when compared to the SQ one.  At least my platoon dind't have anyone come down with heat stroke or any serious injuries.  I'm also pretty sure when we were out Meaford didn't have a high fire index because para flares, arty sims and t-flashs were going off ALL night.

Most memorable moment was on my SQ FTX, doing our Recce with the Warent Officer the second night, rendevousing (SP) with another section, and then actually doing a recce by fire on a platoon that had NO idea we were even there, and then watching their C6 open up and hearing someone absolutly chew some poor recruit out for letting a burst go.

All in all it was a good experience, although it sucks watching other people in your regiement become fully trained privates at the end parade when you still have to do your BIQ.  The friendships you'll make and the poeple you'll meet are great. 

I know the guys from my platoon and section (3plt, 2 sec) all hang and party together now.

I just finished my BMQ/SQ course in Meaford as well.  I had an awesome time, and yes there was a lot of rivalry between the platoons.  Let me guess Northern Touch, you were in 3 platoon?  I was in 4 platoon.  Anyways field ex on SQ kicked ass with those recce patrols where we accidentally misplaced some other platoons kit during the night (oops!).  I would highly recommend to any new recruits hesitating joining the Army to just go with it.  It's hard work but it is definitely worth it.  Also, props to our staff who were awesome!!!!

Back