• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The War in Ukraine

Destroying a major stockpile of the PGMs and glide bombs the VKS has been lobbing on the Ukrainians isn’t such a bad idea.
True.

But destroying a not-insignificant number of delivery platforms isn't such a bad idea either, especially since it takes a lot longer to order replacement aircraft & train replacement pilots than it does to simply order replacement PGM stocks

If the aircraft & pilots are left to fight another day, they could always fly to another location & resume their operations from there (pretty aggressively, I'd suspect)

But if the planes/pilots are gone, a warehouse full of PGM's won't be doing much of anything

If this was a game of Command & Conquer, I'd rather hit the planes on the tarmac

My 0.02 🍻

True.

But destroying a not-insignificant number of delivery platforms isn't such a bad idea either, especially since it takes a lot longer to order replacement aircraft & train replacement pilots than it does to simply order replacement PGM stocks

If the aircraft & pilots are left to fight another day, they could always fly to another location & resume their operations from there (pretty aggressively, I'd suspect)

But if the planes/pilots are gone, a warehouse full of PGM's won't be doing much of anything

If this was a game of Command & Conquer, I'd rather hit the planes on the tarmac

My 0.02 🍻
Sure, but in C&C logistics and ammunition supply aren’t a thing.

I’m sure Ukraine is targeting aircraft when it gets the chance. Hell, we know they are. If we look at it from a standpoint of max reduction of effective enemy sorties, taking out a massive ammunition supply and wrecking its supporting infrastructure is probably a good move when the chance arises.

True.

My 0.02 🍻
Planes move. Warehouses don't. UKR might not have had live intel on what aircraft were there or where specifically they were located at the airfield but they sure as hell knew where the ammo was kept! :ROFLMAO:

The hell you say, hobbling the other guy by constantly picking off harvesters and powerplants makes for a much easier late game
Well yeah, but you know what I mean.

I actually discovered the original C&C and Red Alert remastered releases at some point last year. Tons of fun to go back and play through again.

Back