• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The War in Ukraine

Norway transferring 22 F16s; twelve are operational, ten require overhaul or can be used for spares.

Interesting in a Canadian context when looking at the CF18 fleet - and maybe it's not just Canada that's been cutting corners to save money in military readiness.

Well it seems Norway has planes to be able to transfer…

Which would mean they are better off than some, like my Northern Neighbors

Well it seems Norway has planes to be able to transfer…

Which would mean they are better off than some, like my Northern Neighbors
Except my understanding is that they are focused on a single platform (F16) to simply training and sustainment.

Except my understanding is that they are focused on a single platform (F16) to simply training and sustainment.
Yes, but even if that wasn’t the main case, I’m not sure what the RCAF could offer other than some pretty old Hornet’s, my point was that Norway had some surplus airframes - not just non-flying ones, but actual operational spares.

I doubt that will happen for at least 5 years. However, once the Ukraine front is under control and while they still have a lot of battle hardened troops (the survivors of 3 years of meat wave and mechanised single file attacks) they will go after Moldova. Unless NATO absorbs them first - at least as a probationary member but eligible for article 5 protection.
In 6 years Russia will have 5 million additional FAMs.

Depending on what happens this week in congress we should have a good idea on what Ukraines hopes for the future are.
Hope Macron has a contingency for "abject failure by Congress."

Continue to be amazed that this young century's best opportunity for pork (setting aside all the good moral, foreign policy, and trade reasons for support) hasn't been embraced by Congress (or opportunities seen by US arms manufacturers, and bribes lobbying applied accordingly.

I hope someone in the counterintelligence world is tracking this: if arms companies are making overtures but aren't being successful, who else is exerting pressure?

Hope Macron has a contingency for "abject failure by Congress."

Continue to be amazed that this young century's best opportunity for pork (setting aside all the good moral, foreign policy, and trade reasons for support) hasn't been embraced by Congress (or opportunities seen by US arms manufacturers, and bribes lobbying applied accordingly.

I hope someone in the counterintelligence world is tracking this: if arms companies are making overtures but aren't being successful, who else is exerting pressure?
She’s not called Moscow Marge for nothing…

"Why did American and European jets scramble to help Israel, but not Ukraine?"

Because intervening to help Israel against non-nuclear-armed and not particularly powerful Iran is a lot less risky than directly intervening against nuclear-armed and rather more powerful Russia. Any other questions from the learned community of reporters?

"Why did American and European jets scramble to help Israel, but not Ukraine?"

Because intervening to help Israel against non-nuclear-armed and not particularly powerful Iran is a lot less risky than directly intervening against nuclear-armed and rather more powerful Russia. Any other questions from the learned community of reporters?
Lesson learned for the world. Get Nukes…

Back