• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Seal Hunt Mega-Thread

Originally posted by Marcus OGorman:
[qb] Dirty rotten baby seals. They‘re always in the way!

I say clubbin‘ is too good for them. I say send them to Iraq! [/qb]
Just a thought here, but there may actually be people on this site who have friends in Iraq.

I realise you‘re intending a stab at humour, but people really are dying in Iraq, and their friends and families would obviously be deeply offended by such a remark.

Originally posted by GrahamD:
Just a thought here, but there may actually be people on this site who have friends in Iraq.

I realise you‘re intending a stab at humour, but people really are dying in Iraq, and their friends and families would obviously be deeply offended by such a remark. [/QB]
GROAN!!!

Originally posted by Gibson:
[qb] So a baby seal walks into a bar. Bartender says "What‘ll it be?"

"Anythings good" says the seal. "So long as it ain‘t Canadian Club." [/qb]
Oh man, I laughed so hard when I read this! Thanks for the rib cracker, Gibson!

How?

Ok, he‘s saying that clubbing isn‘t a good enough way to kill a seal, that to kill them properly we should send them to Iraq.

Wow funny. I‘m glad to know that you guys don‘t see that as insensitive (maybe even ignorant). Since over 700 Americans have died I don‘t think that its appropriate, but thats just me I guess.

Just forget what I said before.

I‘d rather a seal die fighting an iraq soldier then an american soldier :)

I dont think he was saying that at all but thats just speculation.
if i was an american id be more pissed off at canadians not sending any troops then someone making a jab about seals.

Graham, you got to learn to get a sense of (black) humor if you expect to survive in the infantry.

Is it just me? Or does it seem like someone (no names, no serials#) gets offended in almost every single thread, thereby taking it off-topic, and into one big, long, explaination thread about the ‘offensive‘ post in question?

All of this political correctness is starting to piss me off. GROW SOME THICKER SKIN FOR F*** SAKES! AND GET A SENSE OF HUMOUR! :mad:

*rant mode off

Screw this, I‘m gonna‘ go club some seals. I already killed a mouse tonight, so I‘m off to a good start.

Tyler

[qb]Ok, he‘s saying that clubbing isn‘t a good enough way to kill a seal, that to kill them properly we should send them to Iraq.[/qb]
Did I read some place that you‘re attempting to join the service?

If you are then you, my friend, are in for a rough go!

If I were you I would get out to the grden and start growing a sense of humour PDQ. Those guys in the forces will eat you alive otherwise...

Enjoy darling.
:rolleyes:

Like I said,

Forget what I said.

I‘m not offended, I just though that there may be people out the who might be.

And "Did I read some place that you‘re attempting to join the service?

If you are then you, my friend, are in for a rough go!

If I were you I would get out to the grden and start growing a sense of humour PDQ. Those guys in the forces will eat you alive otherwise..."

No, when I‘m confronted with someone adopting gallows humour about a conflict we are not even involved in, I‘m pretty sure I will just ignore it.

I have a great sense of humour, and I know I‘ll do just fine, I‘ve worked with ALL sorts over the years and I don‘t ever have any problems fitting in with my coworkers.

[qb] I have a great sense of humour, and I know I‘ll do just fine, I‘ve worked with ALL sorts over the years and I don‘t ever have any problems fitting in with my coworkers. [/qb]
Sure, GrahamD, I know you will.

I don‘t suppose you‘d like to share with us all which unit will be humbly graced with your witty presence?

I have no idea what unit I might end up with, I‘m hoping for PPCLI, and I indicated that during my interview.
Beyond that, your guess is a good as mine.

Anyway, I do have responses for that bait you‘re dangling out there, essentially calling me a liar by sarcasticaly contradicting my statement.

But... I‘m willing to drop it as I said before, apparently you are not, rather, it seems you are heart set on trying to insinuate that I‘m not cut out for the military because you don‘t like my posts.

So, if you don‘t yet feel satisfied that you‘ve come after me enough, then lets take it to email or PM‘s, and I can try my best to explain to you why you‘re wrong.
However, if you‘re just going to be dismissive like you were with your last post, then there‘s really no point.

I totally wan‘t even aware that you could have an ego about having a sense of humour.
Maybe if I said, "I‘m so funny", or "my sense of humour is better than yours", or "move over Jerry Seinfeld, here comes my sense of humour".

I‘m curious to know how you would sell yourself during a job interview if mentioning your positive attributes was too egotistical of a thing for you to do.

To respond to your totally useless and inflamatory post, I only mentioned my sense of humour in defense of a statement that indicated I didn‘t have one.
If defending myself against outright attacks on my personality is egotistical, then I think you need to pay more attention in English class.

An ego is just what people call it when they lack the confidence you show

I tell my wife guys wanna be me and girls wanna date me
She says im balding have a big nose and my one ear is a fraction lower than the other.

She‘s intimidated by my confidence, thats all.
;)

Sence of humor is paramount ( <--- One of those goofy words you‘ll hear a lot) in the army. You need to be able to laugh when something bad happens.

Originally posted by The WetGrunt:
[qb] PS I truly dont care how an animal dies. Odds are Ill be dragged violently from this earth be it bullet,knife, car accident, or heart attack. And im fine with that. [/qb]
Then you‘re a nut. Nothing wrong with humane treatment for anyone or anything.

You‘ll likely end up passing away either peacefully in bed or drugged silly in a hospital bed. Most people do.

Kinda sad to hear a cop say an animals life isn‘t really important. I was taught all life is sacred.

and that is something very good to go by, you were taught well

Back