• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Seal Hunt Mega-Thread

"Canadians have always been loved by Germans"

Showed my grandfather by shooting him in the arm with a cannon from a ME109.

To all my "father land friends" reading this Eat Sh** and mind your own buisness.

I bet the cows and chickens feel that the seal hunting debate is a double standard.

Erinnern Sie sich an die Massenvernichtung?

Wenn Sie ein Finger deuten, drei Punkte zurück an Ihnen.

I never did like those baby seals. Not nearly as cute and cuddly as pigs and cows and lamb and tuna and chicken. Besides it‘s all done humanly with wiffle bats.

However, Canadians are today being looked at in a very different light by us animal lovers in Germany. There is absolutely no point in this senseless slaughter and a little interest or concern by everyone in Canada directed to your government officials would end this historical horror and madness.

Dieter W. Doneit

Munich, Germany

http://www.canoe.ca/OttawaSun/editorial.html [/QB][/QUOTE]

Dieter:

I think the same can be said about the German‘s Yours was call the Holocaust......... :gunner:

Gators in the US were protected for many years until their numbers recovered enough that the critters became a menace. Not enough predators taking the young‘ns.

They‘re being hunted now. Not many people are interested in protesting such hunts. Wonder why? :)

Deer are over-running many areas of the US where hunting has not been allowed for decades. Now hunts are being re-introduced in some of those areas. Lots of hand wringing though.

Deer have such big, cute eyes.

:(

Jim

Originally posted by brin11:
[qb] If the sealers can guarantee that they will not suffer and that their deaths will be humane I don‘t have a major problem with it. [/qb]
I‘d like that kind of guarantee for myself... it‘s not like all humans die a painless and "humane" death.

It‘s not like we can teach Germany anything about horror and madness... This Dieter guy is probably one of the countless Germans who still argue the holocaust never happened. :rolleyes:

I think you folks are unfairly lumping this guy Dieter and the publisher of his paper in with all Germans. That really isn‘t fair--would you like to be lumped in with all tree hugging extremists out on Vancouver Island? I think not, so give Germany a break here. There are plenty of people in Canada of the same opinion as Dieter. All nations have people of narrow mind. Scold Dieter and the paper if you disagree with them, but leave Germany out of it.

It always amazes me how seemingly liberal-minded people are so quick to gang up on others. Try to educate the uninformed instead of bully them.

Naw were all talking about just the germans affiliated with the news paper article or who think like that. We just didn‘t think we needed to specify because it‘s obvious ;)

Too many times to extremist groups try to persuade others that they are right, by speaking for other people. I agree too that its safe to say not all of Germany shares the same views as this environmental group, about the killing of animals.

Oktoberfest anyone? ;)

They may not all share the same views, but neither do we. Dieter is lumping us all together, just as we are doing to the Germans.

Personally, I don‘t care one way or the other. I have one question though, what do the hunters do with the meat?

They eat it. Many small towns and settlements to the north survive off hunted game. For most it is thee only source of food for them. They also sell it to. Thats how they buy clothes for their children and afford medicine. I‘m not too sure but they might sell the pelts too?

Check on pages 24 and 25 of the canadian edition of maxim this month. its a blurg (with graphic picture) of a japaniese hunting trick. For a few months each year they use sonar equipment to confuse donplines luring them into small coves and drive up to them in moterboats killing them pulling them abord. The water is the colour of red wine.
This stuff happens all over, some people just have the common sence to keep reporters and crusaders away.

Until humans aren‘t getting killed in horrific, inhuman ways, why all the commotion over seals? Why don‘t the protestors go and sponsor a child in Africa?

I‘d like that kind of guarantee for myself... it‘s not like all humans die a painless and "humane" death.
Of course, I‘d like that guarantee as well. Unfortunately, we don‘t all have a humane death but does that mean that we should make animals suffer? The two don‘t go hand in hand. I‘m speaking as someone in the animal health industry here so I see animal suffering everyday. Their welfare is my bread and butter which is where I‘m coming from. We are the stewards of the earth (and I‘m not talking biblical here, simply that we seem to be the most numerous/highest life form) and it is our responsibility to ensure that when we "use" animals that we do it in the most humane ways possible. We make decisions about killing these animals for whatever reasons that have nothing to do with our survival where the other animals do it simply to survive. I don‘t believe any of you who agree with the seal hunt wish the animals to suffer and scream in agony during their death regardless of some of the macho statements I‘ve read here.

For the record, I support the seal hunt as I believe their numbers are getting to the crisis point and they should be culled.

Until humans aren‘t getting killed in horrific, inhuman ways, why all the commotion over seals? Why don‘t the protestors go and sponsor a child in Africa?
This is a silly statement. Some people choose to support the welfare of people (ie. sponsoring a child in Africa) while others choose to support the welfare of animals. Some do both or neither. They have nothing to do with each other.

Dirty rotten baby seals. They‘re always in the way!

I say clubbin‘ is too good for them. I say send them to Iraq!

So a baby seal walks into a bar. Bartender says "What‘ll it be?"

"Anythings good" says the seal. "So long as it ain‘t Canadian Club."

Back