• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Merged Thread on Gay/ Homosexual Topics and the CF.

Could you imagine, marrying every person you still thought you loved after 4 months when you were 18 or 19??

Ohh man...

Gay marriage issue aside, guys not even through university yet, still a teenager. Well good luck to him in any case becaue that‘s going to cause an odd backlash back at the college.

I can just picture old dad the bluenosed lobster fisherman‘s reaction to that too.
"lord tunnerin.."

"lord tunnerin.." lol east coasters.

yeah...thats gonna cause somewhat of a backlash down the road being in the military and all...I‘m not a bigot by any means but this military is built on Christian values (sort of). I personally don‘t care and I wish the guy the best of luck.

I‘m not even going to say anything....

Originally posted by Infanteer:
[qb] I‘m not even going to say anything.... [/qb]
I‘m getting to the point where I hate agreeing with every **** thing you post infanteer, but there it is!! :mad: :mad: :eek:

I may have to go reread Heinlein to see what he would have said about this. :crybaby:

Since you disabled your PM, I‘ll post my response here.

I‘m getting to the point where I hate agreeing with every **** thing you post infanteer, but there it is!!

I may have to go reread Heinlein to see what he would have said about this.
I don‘t get it.

Not a challenge or anything. But I honestly don‘t understand your response. Please PM me.

This isnt really news. Why would anyone care? Gay marriage is no longer an issue. After only 4 months he gets married? I think this guy just wants attention, and is trying to stir the pot...

Originally posted by Jason Bourne:
[qb] "lord tunnerin.." lol east coasters.

yeah...thats gonna cause somewhat of a backlash down the road being in the military and all...I‘m not a bigot by any means but this military is built on Christian values (sort of). I personally don‘t care and I wish the guy the best of luck. [/qb]
I note you say soon to be a sig op, meaning you‘re not in yet...

Somthing you‘ll find pretty quickly about the CF is that discrimination is pretty gravely frowned on...

The Military, being a Federal organisation, lives by the Federal Government rules.

These kids were married in a Province, (by the Province), that recognises gay marriage.

As of right now, the Federal Government does not recognise gay marriage.

It‘ll be very interesting to see if they are in fact allowed to "re-solemnise" their vows at the Military University‘s chapel: it would setting a precedent.

Originally posted by Infanteer:
[qb] Since you disabled your PM, I‘ll post my response here.

I‘m getting to the point where I hate agreeing with every **** thing you post infanteer, but there it is!!

I may have to go reread Heinlein to see what he would have said about this.
I don‘t get it.

Not a challenge or anything. But I honestly don‘t understand your response. Please PM me. [/qb]
I don‘t PM. Just saying that I keep agreeing with everything you‘ve been posting lately....

You also kidded me about coming around to Heinlein...I was kidding back...

A wonderful moment to note, the only two who‘ve said anything negative about this are a civillian and a cadet...

Part of being in the army means leaving your personal life at home. Gay, straight, man, woman, doesn‘t matter. You‘re a soldier at work, that‘s it.

1. Getting married at the age of 19 after only going together for only four months? Good luck.

2. Rumour from Kingston is that this is merely a publicity stunt, and what‘s really going on is somebody is going to try and duck out of his compulsory service to the CF after graduation (i.e. claiming discrimination). It‘s not the first time an RMC student nearing graduation has "suddenly" revealed why they can‘t serve ...

Stay tuned, as the stomach turns ...

P.S. (reminds me of the story in Toronto of the teen who wanted to take his gay date to the prom -some cradle-robber in his 20‘s - after all the ruckus died down ... they split up - I don‘t think they even stayed together long enough for the prom)

I note you say soon to be a sig op, meaning you‘re not in yet...

Somthing you‘ll find pretty quickly about the CF is that discrimination is pretty gravely frowned on...
ahh lol well I do know something about discrimination, being black helps out in that case. I wasn‘t discriminating and I stated I had nothing against the guy, just stating a view some people might hold against him..

I had a couple friends who were 18-19 in university and ran off to be married after only dating for a few months. Despite their claimed desire to finish school, she got pregnant and had to leave school, and he had to leave to support her. They were both poor, miserable, and ended up divorcing after only a year or two.

At least we won‘t be worried about an "oops" like that with these kids. If it is a publicity stunt, or an attempt to get out of service, then shame on them. If they just want to run off and get married young like all the other couples their age doing the same, then they can learn the hard knocks along with the rest of them.

Just A Sig OP,

I have plenty that I would love to say about this event but I‘d get banned toote suite from this forum and enjoy my priviledges here too much. I‘ll just gripe over it at the pub tonight.

BTW,

Soldiering is a lifestyle. It‘s not what you do it‘s what you are. Maybe working at WalMart could be seen as only 0900-1700 but not soldiering. As for this event I hope that something like the re-solemnising isn‘t allowed to happen on Federal property.VVV

Slainte,

Ohh, don‘t get your hopes up, SigOp.

I think the story is ridiculous and am totally opposed to gay marriages, and I can guarantee you most soldiers would agree with me. Just because I am a soldier doesn‘t mean I have to subscribe to the morally nuetered outlook of the federal bureaucracy (although I do abide by it).

I posted my mum response because I have more to worry about than getting worked up over two fruits who want to say they are a family and enjoy some tax breaks (and publicity).

This is so great. Maybe they should make a reality TV show about it. It‘s probably the only thing left they haven‘t done.

Like really, how sacred is marrage anymore? How is this breaking news? You got strangers getting married on TV and pop stars getting married for a joke. If they are doing it for a gag or to get out of service let them enjoy their honeymoon in jail.
I think the whole "wow oh my god someone is gay and their not hiding it!" thing went out a few years ago.

Being Catholic, i don‘t support gay marriage. And I sure as heck won‘t support them if they plan on renewing their vows in a military Christian chapel.

A military chapel is there for the soldiers of what ever faith the chapel is. If the two men want to renew their vows there, it would be against the religious morals of the other soldiers who worship at that chapel.

I seriously doubt that the Chaplain would conduct such a service for these two men.

Back