• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Merged Thread on Gay/ Homosexual Topics and the CF.

Andyboy

Inactive
Reaction score
When I picked up my copy of the Globe And Mail from my porch yesterday I was somewhat irritated at seeing the large colour photo of a man dressed in what appears to be an Australian Flag dress during the Gay Pride Parade spread across the front page. Unfortunately when I turned to page two I was even more disappointed. Halfway down in a small black and white photo was a few of the veterans who were honored at the skydome commemerating the 50th anniversary of the Korean War. Does anyone else see the irony of the honour of the front page spread being given to someone, who without the likes of the veterans relegated to the second page, would not enjoy the freedom to enjoy his "lifestyle"?

I cancelled my subscription today.

Andyboy, the National Post had a pretty good editorial today on the Korean War. As well, they have had other articles over the last week including an article by Dr Bercuson.

Unfortunately, Canada does not do alot of remembrance for the Korean War. I‘d hazard to say most ordinary citizens don‘t even know we took part.

Cheers!

PS Shame on you for having a Globe and Mail subscription in the first place!

Heaven forbid the Gay Pride becomes a national holiday before Remembrance Day. According to Chretien, it would be to expensive for banks, shopping malls, and IKEA to shut down to honour our war dead for one day. What a sad testament this is.

-the patriot-

Didn‘t the Legion bring back the Two Minute silence last year for November 11? I seem to recall a lot of ordinary folk stopping work at 11, even if they didn‘t get the day off. Perhaps it is up to all of us to make Rememberance Day, at least two minutes of it, a National act of rememberance from a grassroots level, even if the pinheads in Ottawa won‘t.

Seems to me, the two minutes had a lot of support - judging by the photos in Legion Magazine of transit workers, farmers, assemly line workers etc. stopping work at 11 am. I hope the Legion makes the two minutes an annual thing. I‘d like to see the federal government intervene - if they dont‘ have the balls to make everyone stay away from work on the 11th, then the least they can do is make people shut up for two minutes. I would cut all the phone lines and turn off the cell phones at 11am if it was in my power.

Ya know, ya gotta wonder about all this.
On one hand, they're shoving gender equity down everybody's throats (no pun intended ... yuck - that's one image I'd rather not have visualised ... ).
Then, when some troopers exercise their right to dress in drag, the CF Ombudsman gets all bent out of shape ... ?
And, he's all in a huff about "his mandate" ... ?
Well, what about the mandate of a superior officer to defend his troops (who sometimes can't defend themselves very well, especially against smarty-pants and bureaucrats with big brains but little gonads ...)?
Whatever ...
This sounds similar to the tempest in a teapot when they tried to vilify the Navy for their "crossing the Equator" type of rituals - what some would call "time-honoured traditions" ... (but, oh - I forgot - bureaucratic gobble-dy-gook overrides common sense and tradition, doesn't it?)
Personally, I'm not a football fan, so I could care less.
As for dressing in drag?
I nearly "kilt" the last person who called it a skirt.
Some people just don't know how to lighten up, do they?
Oh, gee - maybe it's useful for troops to be able to laugh at themselves once in a while.  And, maybe it's not the worst thing in the world if we bring things out into the open, instead of hiding them ... dare I say ... in the closet?
Heck - I went to the MO this week, and nobody is giving me flak - actually, my buddies are being more supportive than ever.  Maybe bureaucrats like the Ombudsman would benefit from REALLY understanding the psyche of soldiers, instead of forcing political correctness upon a group that has to deal with politically incorrect stuff like "friendly fire", landmine strikes, etc. ...

'Train' a drag
Parade draws ire of army watchdog
By STEPHANIE RUBEC, OTTAWA BUREAU

OTTAWA -- Canada's military watchdog is attacking a senior military officer for dismissing complaints that Winnipeg soldiers who dressed in drag during a parade were mocking mentally ill troops.

Defence ombudsman Andre Marin told Sun Media he received a flurry of complaints from the Winnipeg barracks about a November drag queen parade called the "French Grey Cup."

Marin said he dispatched a team of investigators in December to probe the parade that featured floats built by the soldiers to celebrate the end of the battalion's fall sports program.

Each float had drag queen soldiers as entertainment, including an Arabian-themed float featuring soldiers who recently returned from Afghanistan.

Several hundred Winnipeg troops were ordered by the battalion commander to attend the parade.

Marin said investigators are focusing on one float in particular, a black cage adorned with the initials CT and a sign advising that the next stop would be at the north end of the barracks, where mentally ill soldiers received treatment. It's charged that CT stands for Crazy Train and that the drag queen soldiers were poking fun at Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Maj. Malcolm Bruce, deputy Commanding Officer of the Princess Pat's 2nd battalion, told The Winnipeg Sun yesterday that the drag queen show is a 21-year tradition. "It's all done in good fun," Bruce said. "It's unfortunate that, I think, it was taken in the wrong context."

Marin slammed Bruce for wading into his investigation and fired off a letter to Bruce's boss "to indicate my displeasure at the comments and the fact that they're in violation of the (ombudsman's) mandate."

Marin said Bruce's comments could jeopardize his investigation. He expects to release a report late next month.

Marin's investigators were dispatched to Winnipeg at the same time he released his second report on Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, which found the military stigmatizes soldiers suffering from mental illnesses.

Marin said that makes the complaints about the Crazy Train float all the more disturbing.

As a former insider of the Bud shop, here are some extracts from the Charter.

Fundamental Freedoms

2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:

(a) freedom of conscience and religion;

(b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;

(c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and

(d) freedom of association.

The angle that is being examined is as follows.

12. Everyone has the right not to be subjected to any cruel and unusual treatment or punishment.

In the setting of the CF, it is then based upon the extrapolation of rules, regs and orders to ascertain if in fact a Charter violation occurred.

In this specific case, those who felt that the CT and float made ref to pers in or under medical care and assistance. And further, as this was, to use the military term. A regimental parade, was it truly a freely attended assembly.

Just some thoughts... Knee jerk, maybe, does it expose shortcomings in the Bud Shop, yes.

The tact of Moral suasion in lieu of a real mandate is starting to make him look like a ineffective and purely symbolic individual who is struggling to find a raison dete.

As for dressing in drag, I am sure a case under Sect 2 could be raised.

Me I will stick defending myself in a kilt. Hard as heck sometimes to beat those women with impure thoughts off sometimes. Then sometimes you just have to surrender to the obligatory underwear check.

COMMANDO-OORAH

What do you heterosexual men and women think of gays and lesbians joining Canadian Forces?

When accepted should they have same rights as other Canadian Force members(I mean like in getting payed same amount,health benefits etc.)?

Not to worry, MTF. You‘ll be treated just fine.

LoL.
Dude are you living on an island or something?
"If i ever get my hands cut off will i have to leave the army because i cannot salute correctly?"
I think you should do like someone mentioned and switch over to observe mode. This is a message forum, sure. You have questions, great. A lot of your questions, and i hate to say it, are very stupid and people are going to make fun of you.
Watch some of the other questions people ask and follow suit.

Too much time on your hands? Not enough to think about with your own life? I‘ve been in over 17 years and I couldn‘t give two sh--- whether someone is homosexual or not. If they do their job, are mature, respect others, etc. no problem. I know several gay men and women I work with, and I‘ve NEVER seen anyone "ACT" gay.
I‘ve got better things to think and worry about. Don‘t you?

Cheers. :warstory:

lol, I can‘t tell if he is naive, or honestly that beligerent.

When accepted should they have same rights as other Canadian Force members(I mean like in getting payed same amount,health benefits etc.)?
Are you suggesting that because someone has a different sexual preference then what is considered "normal" that consideration into the idea of offering them less rights then anyone else? What kind of stup*d f*ckin idea is that?

Because one is a homosexual, does not make them any less a human being then any heterosexual. Seriously, don‘t post stupid questions.

lol

I have no problems with homosexuals in the CF, aslong as they do their job well, etc, that applies to everyone, either heterosexual or homosexual

why shouldent they have the same rights as everyone else? an why would there pay be different then anyone else‘s?

as for health reasons, are you thinking it should be different because you believe homosexuals are more prone to get HIV/AIDs, it‘s not just something gay people can pick up, heterosexuals can get it just as easily

No, we all think they should be let in, and then treated like crap, not paid, be entitled to no benefits, and be used as slaves in our evil plans to take over the world! <-insert sarcasm here

OK kid, you REALLY REALLY NEED to stop posting stupid, ignorant tripe like that. I personally think you‘re from another planet, because you don‘t seem to understand this tiny concept called basic human rights.

So, either you‘re INCREDIBLY naive and ignorant, or this is all some sick flame kindle joke. In either case, I would recommend you shup up right quick before you shove both feet further into your mouth.

Originally posted by muskrat89:
[qb] Not to worry, MTF. You‘ll be treated just fine. [/qb]
I‘m not worried I am 100% heterosexual.I just wanted your guys opinion.I am not giving mine because if I do it won‘t be nice and there will be too many pissed off people if I do.I know when not to say something.

Originally posted by Ghost778:
[qb] LoL.
Dude are you living on an island or something?
"If i ever get my hands cut off will i have to leave the army because i cannot salute correctly?"
I think you should do like someone mentioned and switch over to observe mode. This is a message forum, sure. You have questions, great. A lot of your questions, and i hate to say it, are very stupid and people are going to make fun of you.
Watch some of the other questions people ask and follow suit. [/qb]
No you wouldn‘t have to leave for not being able to salute properly,because of a cut off arm,but you‘d probably have to leave since you wouldn‘t be able to hold the weapons used properly.Besides if you lost an arm I‘m sure CF would consider you disabled and would no longer want you,am I correct?

Originally posted by Thaedes:
[qb] lol, I can‘t tell if he is naive, or honestly that beligerent.

Are you suggesting that because someone has a different sexual preference then what is considered "normal" that consideration into the idea of offering them less rights then anyone else? What kind of stup*d f*ckin idea is that?

Because one is a homosexual, does not make them any less a human being then any heterosexual. Seriously, don‘t post stupid questions. [/qb]
If the question is so stupid,what does that make you for answering?

Originally posted by MuayThaiFighter:
[qb]
I know when not to say something. [/qb]
Looks like you don‘t. Now take a break with the questions and use the search engine, you‘ll find answers to most questions you have, as some have been discussed at length here. And slow down on the arrogance.

It makes him very patient. He‘s trying to help someone from looking stupid but he‘s not getting much help from you, MTF.

I‘ve a pretty good feeling your anti homosexual from the comment you made about keeping your opinions to yourself. Thats great.
When i was a kid i thought the same way.

Should homosexuals be allowed in the military? Why not. They are burried on the beaches of normandy after all.

D@mn it, this thread should end now. Asking how homosexuals get treated doesn‘t have to do with the military whatsoever. It is the society and the mindset the people have.

Back