• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Khadr Thread

He would probably blossom into something wonderful if were given the opportunities available in the general populations of some US jail that houses those White Supremacy fellows.....they know how to party!!!  ;D

ArmyVern said:
He was born in Toronto - that means that he isn't a "Canadian of Convenience". His parents perhaps, but not he. Deporting him to his country of birth/origin would put him squarely back into Canada. Now, daddy took him back to 'the' homeland when he was (13??) - I'm sure that he didn't buy his own plane ticket over there - that being said, when you want to play with the adults you should also pay like the adults.

It's time for an overhaul of Canada's immigration policy and our Citizenship policies for sure. Sadly, we have many immigrants here in Canada who've never become Canadian citizens, but who've done much more for this country than the Khadr's (who obtained citizenship) have ever done for the place.

Something is just fucked up with that.

Exactly my point.....thank you. Hachetman, wake up and smell the coffee would ya mate? I bet if that had been some kid of a different background, you won't have said the same thing?

What next, start sending kids born here that happen to have connections to Serbian, nazi and Bosnian war criminals back to the motherland?

ruckmarch said:
Exactly my point.....thank you. Hachetman, wake up and smell the coffee would ya mate? I bet if that had been some kid of a different background, you won't have said the same thing?

ruckmarch,

The membership is getting quite annoyed with you turning every thread into a 'the white guy is always racist' diatribe. You have this one warning to cease, unless you have proven documented proof that would stand a court test, you best not go down that road again.

Milnet.ca Staff

IMHO, when you conspire to attack the country that you were born in, or their allies, that makes you a traitor. It doesn't matter what color, race or religion you belong to. You are a traitor, and Omar's family is a nest of traitors. He should consider himself lucky - I would venture to guess that US or Canadian soldiers would not have received the same treatment as sweet little innocent Omar if they were to be taken prisoner by the Taliban or AQ.

ruckmarch said:

What next, start sending kids born here that happen to have connections to Serbian, nazi and Bosnian war criminals back to the motherland?

This is the last time I respond to you.  1) I am not your mate, friend, chum or bro. 2) You would lose that bet 3) I never mentioned deporting anyone in my second last post, and obviously you failed to read my follow-up to army vern's post.  To emphasize what I said, if you happen to commit a crime in another country and/or get detained/arrested/imprisoned by another country for comitting crimes, I don't care if you were born here or not, don't come crying to Canada to save your sorry rear end. 

Hatchet Man said:
This is the last time I respond to you.  1) I am not your mate, friend, chum or bro. 2) You would lose that bet 3) I never mentioned deporting anyone in my second last post, and obviously you failed to read my follow-up to army vern's post.  To emphasize what I said, if you happen to commit a crime in another country and/or get detained/arrested/imprisoned by another country for comitting crimes, I don't care if you were born here or not, don't come crying to Canada to save your sorry rear end.

You are right about not being my mate, what was I thinking? I don't use the term bro anyway or buddy, so you don't have to worry about that.

Yes...don't reply to my posts, not going to lose sleep over that.

Cheers

recceguy said:
ruckmarch,

The membership is getting quite annoyed with you turning every thread into a 'the white guy is always racist' diatribe. You have this one warning to cease, unless you have proven documented proof that would stand a court test, you best not go down that road again.

Milnet.ca Staff

Recce...apologies. I was just asking a legit question, more should not be read into it like that.

I listen to quite a lot of talk radio, and if there is anything I can't stand by bigoted callers, it's their naivety about the  immigration system, difference between refugee and someone that emigrated, and their refusal to answer the presenter's question, when he or she asks if their opinion would have been the same if it had been some other person?

Note: I am not saying that is the case here!

Again....I hear you loud and clear

Now I am with you there, I can't stand bigoted people either. I also can't stand people who constantly bang the "bigotry drum" whereby anyone disagreeing with them in a topic where the argument can be made is automatically labeled as such.

Neither is fair.

Now please do as you have been asked and just drop it.

ruckmarch said:
, the same soldiers that put a leash around prisoners and piss on them from the videos we've seen from Gitmo.

The same soldiers who are flying over watch for our brothers and sisters in Afghanistan in their helicopters and jets protecting us risking getting blown out of the sky.
The same soldiers who are fighting and dying in Afghanistan along side us.
Yup. those guys.

Some Canadian soldiers have done stupid things in the past too.  Does that mean you're calling into question the honour of ALL Canadian soldiers, Ruckmarch?

Flawed Design said:
The same soldiers who are flying over watch for our brothers and sisters in Afghanistan in their helicopters and jets protecting us risking getting blown out of the sky.
The same soldiers who are fighting and dying in Afghanistan along side us.
Yup. those guys.

Some Canadian soldiers have done stupid things in the past too.  Does that mean you're calling into question the honour of ALL Canadian soldiers, Ruckmarch?
We haven't got a lot of room to talk, nor should we point fingers. We had a situation in 1993 that started the process of the disbandment of a regiment. My two cents....

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/abdullah-khadr-takes-stand-to-fight-extradition/article1312409/

Abdullah Khadr takes stand to fight extradition
COLIN FREEZE
Monday, Oct. 05, 2009

It's shaping up to be a bad day for Abdullah Khadr.

The scion of Canada's most infamous family took the witness stand in his own defence against a U.S. extradition bid today, only to find Crown lawyers taking the opportunity to give Canada's so-called “al-Qaeda family” the trial it never got.

Unanswered questions about just about everything the Khadrs ever allegedly did were put to the defendant. Prosecutors asked many questions of Mr. Khadr about his late father – hailed as a “martyr” by al-Qaeda figures after his violent death in 2003 – and his activities in Afghanistan.

This included Ahmed Said Khadr's alleged links to a deadly 1995 bombing in Pakistan; his 1997 attempt to broker a peace deal between an Afghan warlord and the Taliban; and allegations he siphoned off charity money from Canada to fund jihadist causes in Afghanistan.

The father, a naturalized Canadian originally from Egypt, enrolled his sons in Afghan training camps in the 1990. Also at issue for prosecutors were Abdullah Khadr's time at the Khalden training camp in Afghanistan and his reaction to al-Qaeda's 1998 bombings of U.S. Embassies in Africa that killed 220 people, events that transpired when he was still a teenager.

Now 28, Mr. Khadr's responses were often unsatisfying, yet the court is unsure whether the Crown's questions are germane to the legal questions at hand.

“This doesn't have anything to do, it seems to me, with his credibility,” said Judge Christopher Speyer.

But “there is a pattern of intentional misleading, in my submission, that goes on and on and on,” countered Crown lawyer Howard Piafsky.

He argued that Mr. Khadr provided the court with “brazen” falsehoods in an affidavit that painted his father as a humble charity worker, and himself as a victim of circumstance.

Mr. Khadr and his defence team are trying to undermine the U.S. extradition bid that alleges he sold weaponry to al-Qaeda in 2003. While Mr. Khadr made admissions to this end to federal agents, he says they don't count because everything flowed from a CIA conspiracy to have him interrogated overseas.

Court documents do show the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency paid Islamabad $500,000 (U.S.) to arrest Mr. Khadr in 2004, who was kept for a year in a Pakistani intelligence safe house where he was interrogated by a Canadian and U.S agents.

“After what happened to me in Pakistan – torture – I have troubles sleeping,” said Mr. Khadr, bearded and bespectacled, as he took the witness stand.

“They shackled and chained me for almost two months,” he said.

The mistreatment softened him up prior to his making a series of damning admissions to Western agents who interviewed him in Pakistan, and upon his return to Canada four years ago.

Mr. Khadr was free for only a few months before he was arrested on a U.S. Warrant.

Prosecutors are trying to undermine the alleged torture taint by painting Mr. Khadr as a habitual liar.

Khadr photos show he's innocent: lawyers
Article Link

The former defence lawyers for Omar Khadr are reported to have submitted photos and documents they say could show he did not kill a U.S. soldier in Afghanistan.

The Toronto Star reported Thursday that the photos were submitted earlier this year by Khadr's formerly military defence team to a U.S. government task force looking into the detainee camp at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Khadr, now 22, is accused by the United States of killing a U.S. soldier with a hand grenade in Afghanistan in 2002, when he was 15. He has been held at Guantanamo Bay since then.

The newspaper said the photos it obtained show an injured Khadr under rubble from a collapsed roof. Beside Khadr lies a dead militant apparently killed by U.S. forces.

Khadr's former defence team contends that the dead man lying beside him in the photo may have thrown the grenade that killed Sgt. Christopher Speer.

More on link

How can they tell that's him in the photo? 

Fine is he’s innocent then lets ship his ass back home and the minute he lands at Pearson have a couple of Mounties arrest him and have him charged for treason. 

The Criminal Code establishes offences of "high treason" and "treason," and offences respecting acts related to treason; it also sets out certain evidential rules and limitation periods for the prosecution of treason offences.
Under s46 of the Criminal Code, a person commits "high treason" who a) kills, attempts to kill, wounds, imprisons, or restrains the sovereign, b) wages war against Canada or does any act preparatory thereto, or c) assists an enemy at war with Canada or any armed force against whom Canadian forces are engaged in hostilities, even if no state of war exists. The punishment for high treason is life imprisonment, without parole eligibility for 25 years. A person commits "treason" who a) uses force or violence for the purpose of overthrowing the government of Canada or a province, b) discloses, without lawful authority, military or scientific material to agents of a foreign state, if he or she knows or should know that the material may be used to impair Canada's safety or defence, or c) engages in certain listed conspiracies or attempted offences. The punishment for treason is life imprisonment; normal parole rules apply. Canadian citizens and persons owing allegiance to Her Majesty in right of Canada who commit acts of high treason or treason are punishable under Canadian criminal law even if the acts were performed outside Canada.
The Criminal Code also penalizes such acts as alarming the sovereign, assisting an alien enemy to leave Canada, failing to make reasonable efforts to prevent the commission of high treason, intimidating Parliament or a legislature, sabotage, incitement to mutiny and sedition.
http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=A1ARTA0008106

Danjanou said:
Fine is he’s innocent then lets ship his *** back home and the minute he lands at Pearson have a couple of Mounties arrest him and have him charged for treason. 

Is that possible if he was a child at the time?

Maelstrom said:
Is that possible if he was a child at the time?

I don't see a minimum age in that quote. Mind he have to be charged as a "young offender" and get the same type of sentence as the scum bag gang banger wanabees here in TO. ::)

But as he was a "child" then I guess we can have Mommy charged with Child Endangerment or Abuse for neglecting him and putting him in a dangerous situation

http://canada.justice.gc.ca/eng/pi/fv-vf/facts-info/child-enf.html#whatis

I agree the mother should be charged for at least something as well, for all the shit that has come out of her mouth.

Khadr to face U.S. military tribunal

Canadian Omar Khadr, the last westerner left in Guantanamo Bay, will face trial by military tribunal unlike the high-profile Sept 11, 2001, attacks plotters who will be brought to New York for trial in a civilian courts where they have far greater rights and protections, U.S. officials announced Friday.

Mr. Khadr's lawyer Barry Coburn, accused the administration of resorting to Bush-era injustice.

“We thought that the incoming Obama administration signalled a new day with respect to these cases, a new respect for civil liberties, an abhorrence of torture, a respect for the time-honored legal procedures and protections that are mandated by the Constitution and enforced by the federal courts,” he said.

Instead and despite the president's promises it has failed “to make these fundamental protections available to Omar Khadr, who was fifteen years old when he was detained in Afghanistan as a child soldier and has been locked away in Guantanamo ever since, is, quite frankly, devastating and shocking to me personally.

“I had thought this administration was better than that.”

In a separate, Canadian, case, being argued today before the Supreme Court in Ottawa, the Harper government is fighting a lower court ruling ordering it to try and bring Mr. Khadr. Every other western ally has insisted its citizens be returned from the Caribbean gulag at Guantanamo, created originally by the Bush administration to keep terrorist suspects out of the reach and protections of U.S. law.

During Friday's Supreme Court hearing in Ottawa, federal lawyer Robert Frater argued that the courts have no greater right to order Mr. Khadr be returned to Canada than they have to order the recall of Canada's' ambassador to Washington to protest his detention.

Mr. Frater said that the government alone has the right to decide whether or not to request Mr. Khadr's repatriation from Guantanamo Bay without interference from the courts.

“We are in the realm of diplomacy here,” Mr. Frater told the country's top court. “The government has the right to decide what requests should be made, how they should be made, and when they should be made. The courts are not in the best position to do that.”

Meanwhile, self-proclaimed Sept. 11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four other high-profile Guantanamo Bay detainees will face trial in a civilian federal court.

More on link

Caribbean gulag at Guantanamo....
You gotta be kidding me.

This writer needs a history/word meaning class.I'm sure the 1,053,829 people that died in the Gulag's would have LOVED a nice break in Gitmo.

Some writers should be banned from doing so.

Back