• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Gun Bazaar of Pakistan

M

mudrecceman

Well, this is interesting...wasn't sure where to put it, so Mod's, wave your magic wand if needed...

http://glumbert.com/media/gunmarket

I've seen this ....

very scary.  I don't even know what to make of it.  :-[
But it doesn't look good.

Funny, Pakistan always gets so pissy when anyone suggests that they don't control the northern parts of the country. 
Guess the next time the guys seize a bunch of weapons, they should see if the makers stamp is Pushtun for "Tongueless Joe". 

Good link... How is it even possible to make a 9mm by hand? Impressive and somewhat scary.

I saw that before. Very scary, yet interesting at the same time.

Samsquanch said:
Good link... How is it even possible to make a 9mm by hand? Impressive and somewhat scary.

Well i suspect its just a matter of createing molds based on the components of an original peice. From there they would file the flash, polish the components to the proper tollerances and the rest are most likey formed to jig, then its all assembled. This isn`t a simple process, but people with skills in metal crafting would have little difficulty in this.

But I do agree, this is a disturbing look into what the world has to offer.

You betcha...but...nothing, nothing compared to Tuzla, we could filtrate that whole area.

Theoretically speaking of course on that last post. They really are craftey though aren't they? Amazing.

:salute:

I made a potatoe cannon once.... ::) and lets just say the first time shooting it was a little nerve racking.

A norinco 1911 knock off over here cost about 425$. It seems crazy that a hand made 9mm goes for 50$. Wonder what an RPG costs?

RPG would probably involve more than just making mold for parts. They'd need explosives, fuses, etc etc etc. Probably cheaper and easier to just get one from Iran.

Old news, remember reading about the it in Soldier of Fortune magazine back in the early 80's.

Samsquanch said:
I made a potatoe cannon once.... ::) and lets just say the first time shooting it was a little nerve racking.

When I was stationed in CFB Cold Lake in the mid-80s I was out shooting at the local range (outside of Bonneyville) with a couple RCMP friends, when a couple of guys drove in a half-ton with a home-made muzzle-loading cannon in the back.

My two RCMP buddies looked at it wondering if was legal or not, when one said, " It must be, its single shot and has a barrel length over eighteen and half inches!" Everyone had a good laugh and carried on.

For shells they used pop cans filled with cement. Can't remember what kind of powder they used, but they could blast those pop cans out 5-600 metres or more.

All the good-old days. :'(

Samsquanch said:

It's impressive because a semi-automatic pistol is harder to make then a machine gun. If a person has the know how and the machine tools they can build a STEN gun in their basement.

NL_engineer said:
Now my question is... do they take Visa or Master Card  ;D

Well they take both, the rest of your wallet, followed by your shoes and then your life.....

Darra's been in the business for a very long time.
http://www.armscollectors.com/darra/darra.htm

I bet they still make decent Martini-Henrys.
http://www.martinihenry.com/

Mark
Ottawa

Back