• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halifax Tar said:
WTH is that ^

Sort of like

JLdZKeb.png

SeaKingTacco said:
CBC has reported that the shooter used a handgun with a 15 rd capacity.

Anyone know how that is possible? Or did CBC just resort to (US) Google research techniques?

Legally not possible but a pin is easy to knock out.  It is possible to get a larger capacity by using a mag from the same make gun but designed for a fatter round, ie 45 cal mag with 9mm rounds but that would not give you 15 rounds.  Likely they are talking about stock characteristics or the pin has been removed. 

It appears there are some pretty cool looking guns that are apparently close to getting non-restricted status. I say "cool" because a firearms looks and image seem to be one of the primary reasons the RCMP looks at banning firearms. This could, hopefully, be a new leaf being turned over for the RCMP.

North Eastern Arms NEA102.  .308 caliber which is quite close to an Ar15 looks wise (obviously). $1500 price tag or so and it's a huge hit in New Zealand.
Attach4066_20160303_163906_zpsh3czvfby.jpg

UNG-12 Tactical Bullpup 12GA Shotgun. Straight from Halo is my guess, at $999 definitely going in my safe.
UNG_LRG.jpg

couple more I'll have to dig up.

Type 81
Where as in the recent past the RCMP banned a .22 caliber semi-auto rifle that looks like an AK47, this is non-restricted.

Jarnhamar said:
It appears there are some pretty cool looking guns that are apparently close to getting non-restricted status. I say "cool" because a firearms looks and image seem to be one of the primary reasons the RCMP looks at banning firearms. This could, hopefully, be a new leaf being turned over for the RCMP.

North Eastern Arms NEA102.  .308 caliber which is quite close to an Ar15 looks wise (obviously). $1500 price tag or so and it's a huge hit in New Zealand.
Attach4066_20160303_163906_zpsh3czvfby.jpg

UNG-12 Tactical Bullpup 12GA Shotgun. Straight from Halo is my guess, at $999 definitely going in my safe.
UNG_LRG.jpg

couple more I'll have to dig up.

Type 81
Where as in the recent past the RCMP banned a .22 caliber semi-auto rifle that looks like an AK47, this is non-restricted.

Pretty nice. Might be worth checking out. However, I'll wait until the RCMP assign a FRT number to them.

I found it interesting at this years Shot Show, just how many vendors knew about the RCMP fiream lab and how many had guns waiting FRT's. 

For those interested, here is an interview that the Canadian Coalition for Firearms Rights did with Maxime Bernier about his firearms policy. CCFR just recently ranked all of the CPC leadership candidates firearms policies and ranked Max #1 with an A+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59QhomszVx4

Here is the CCFR's grading of each candidate https://firearmrights.ca/en/ccfr-sits-down-face-to-face-with-the-cpc-leadership-candidates/

I'm surprised O'Leary rated even a D-  given his statement about Ar15s  and about only police and military using them. He's been generally  anti-firearm form that I've read.

Kellie strikes me more as an opportunist than anything else. The statement I read of hers on firearms was ambiguous and just came across as polispeak.

There's two years between now and 'if' any of them get elected as a leader of the GoC. Lots to go wrong between now and then. Don't think for a second the liberals have forgotten about the file. Goodale let his hand be seen when he lopsided the Firearms Advisory Committee with all of Cukier's minions on board. There is only one shooter in the group. He's with Ducks Unlimited. These are the same fudds that would only back shotgun hunters and said noone needed an AR or pistol. Goodale is not going to go easy on us. The liberals, especially Castro's kid, may decide to stop knocking this back and forth and screwing us completely by lighting us up.

If the Liberals try it again, it will be whole different fight than last time.

There is a new generation of young gun owners that you just didn't see 10 years ago.

The guns clubs are organized, networking and many of them are sitting on fairly large war chests, that they are willing to use.

I am not saying it will be fun or easy, but there will be a hard push back from legal gun owners this time around, if we are mistreated.

So- gun owners. Get involved. Join a gun club (or two). Keep up on the legislation. Write letters. Be prepared to donate cash and to join protest marches, if it comes to it.

SeaKingTacco said:
If the Liberals try it again, it will be whole different fight than last time.

There is a new generation of young gun owners that you just didn't see 10 years ago.

The guns clubs are organized, networking and many of them are sitting on fairly large war chests, that they are willing to use.

I am not saying it will be fun or easy, but there will be a hard push back from legal gun owners this time around, if we are mistreated.

So- gun owners. Get involved. Join a gun club (or two). Keep up on the legislation. Write letters. Be prepared to donate cash and to join protest marches, if it comes to it.

I'm not sure serving members of the CAF are allowed to do the highlighted bits

Halifax Tar said:
I'm not sure serving members of the CAF are allowed to do the highlighted bits

Yes, you can, do not self identify, verbally or visually, do not give statements to the press like "In the army, we......", be peaceful and retreat when it becomes non peaceful. 

Lightguns said:
Yes, you can, do not self identify, verbally or visually, do not give statements to the press like "In the army, we......", be peaceful and retreat when it becomes non peaceful.

I didn't know that.  I thought we were not allowed to take part in public protests.  Thanks for the info!

Halifax Tar said:
I didn't know that.  I thought we were not allowed to take part in public protests.  Thanks for the info!

Keep in mind, I am talking about a gunny protest of middle aged employed voters, not the G20 type stuff.  There are public rallies to show strength and there are public protests to effect regime policy change.  Through the 90s, we rallied 3 times in Ottawa in support of our public property, we protested but they were rallies against, there were 100s of military types there.  The rally inside Ottawa city hall in 1993 drew lots of military folks, when the local MP showed up to "Liberalsplain" Rock's, rejection of our recommendations.  Voicing your opinion without voicing your association is completely within the Charter of Rights and QR&Os. 

Groundbreaking study finds one child or youth is shot every day in Canada :o

https://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2017/03/27/a-young-person-is-shot-every-day-in-ontario-sick-kids-study-finds.html

A child or youth is shot in Ontario almost every day, according to a groundbreaking study that attempted to identify at-risk groups for firearm injuries.

In the study, based on government health and immigration databases and published today in the Canadian Medical Association Journal, a team of Toronto researchers found Canadian-born youth, particularly males, have higher rates of unintentional firearm injuries compared with immigrant youth.

The study found there were an average of 355 firearm injuries a year between 2008 and 2012, when a total of almost 1,800 firearm injuries were reported among children and youth in Ontario.

There's some kind of weird immigrant angle to the story (see if you can spot the narrative) but after a bit of research you realize they consider anyone under 25 years old to be "youths" and these numbers include accidents from pellet guns, BB guns and airsoft guns.

Still props for a sinister story picture.

firearms.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x734.jpg

More left wing propaganda. It took no time for it to be discounted by anyone with an iota of education. It's all part of laying the liebral position for Goodale to gut gun owners. You'll also not likely find any dissenting opinion from his left dominant Firearms Committee that has no gun owners on it. Well, except for the fudd from Ducks Unlimited.

I looked up the original study. And tried to look at their source data. They were linking/quoting data from 1995. I fail to see how 22 year old data is relavent to today.

"Relevance" had nothing to do with their intent, any more than truth, accuracy, or honesty did.

That study and all of the insinuating articles that spun off of it didn't take long to fade off of the cover pages of the news organizations.

Some of the supporting information isn't even Canadian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back