• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The C9A2 (pics)

• Thread starter Thread starter D-n-A
  • Start date Start date
I read this someplace and I am sure it will be corrected but from what I understand the sight gathered light in the early morning and early evening hours which was why it was mounted because it helped with seeing the bad guys.

Maybe these pics will help... I assume the new collapsing stock looks like some of these:

http://dboy.cpgl.net/fn/minimi/photos.htm

Note the pics with the stock pushed in. I suspect the buffer system is listed in the same para as the stock because it (or at least parts of it) are permanently attached.

Hey 48Highlander calm down a bit there buds. I'm sure your 116 days of combined reserve experience have taught you alot but you don't know everything. You doubt my credentials or the info I post here? Do you treat all new people here with such hospitality? I apologize for mistaking this board for a place of serious, mature discussion.

That sounds about right to me.  Only a minor mistake in the way the info was presented.  Makes complete sense now.  The midlife upgrades for weapons are usually just add-ons, not complete mechanism changes.  No need to get all upset here everyone, it was just a simple misunderstanding.

i'm new on this whole forum thing but give me a chance. i'm a c9 gunner in my section and i've found that the soft ammo pouch isn't the greatest, if u don't load it just right then in the middle of an attack the belts gonna break and ur useless. and as for having 4 barrels, that's fine and dandy but carrying my spare barrel now is a pain i usually just leave the spare in the lav on ex because we're not allowed to use it as we haven't zeroed with it. probly wont b allowed to use the short barrels either for that same reason.

Geez look what happens when I dont pay attention to the weapons forum...
:blotto:

The current C9A2's DO NOT have the hydraulic buffer like the US M249/Mk46 and Minimi PI.   Why - cause the butt was still a trial item - we had both folding stock mounts and fixed - both used the C8 telestock.

For those who wish to envision the buffer - think C6 Buttstock and SF kit buttplate - there is your hydraulic buffer.

The current issue C9A2 buttstock has a blue plastic schnib where the hydralic buffer will go - as for the its there comments - yeah just like our ambi safety's on the C8SFW's and C7A2's   ::)

Project Managers are fine - Diemaco shipment reality is something else

The soft pouch is a patrolling item - designed to make it quiet - no slosh slosh slosh of ammo against the plastic - it is NOT for playing silly bugger on the badlands of Wainwright.

Sorry, do you mean the butts are STILL in trial? Or that the trial is done, and the hydraulic buffer was found to be unneccesary?

I'm guessing it meant - they are not ready yet  ;)

OR - we are to cheap, and are sticking with the rubber/plastic insert thingy...  ;D

yeah just like our ambi safety's on the C8SFW's and C7A2's

These actually exist, and I saw it with my own eyes... on one C7A2, issued to one of truckers who was driving us to KAIA on the way home...

As for the soft pouches, the only good thing about them was that they didn't fall off the weapon after being banged up a bit. When you set your C9 down on the bipod, the belt tends to fold inside the bag and cause stoppages. True, it does make less noise while walking, but IMHO this does not outweigh the risk of stoppages when firing from the prone.

I was lucky enough to scrounge a US plastic C9 drum, which had a metal latch/clip thingy instead of the plastic Canadian one. This was quite a bit more rugged and lasted me a few months of regular use and abuse. As well, I got a couple pieces of cardboard to line the bottom and back side of the box which reduced noise pretty well. Some guys disagree with this and say it could lead to stoppages, but whenever I pulled my ammo out to count my rounds (about once a month) the belt came out of the box smoothly and I wasn't too worried.

The recce boys were issued the smaller 100rd soft pouches, which I think would have been a good alternative, but I've never played with these personally.

Ah - yeah the 100rd AusCam ones?  They seem to be 100% better than the 200rd OD ones.

KevinB said:
Geez look what happens when I dont pay attention to the weapons forum...
:blotto:

The current C9A2's DO NOT have the hydraulic buffer like the US M249/Mk46 and Minimi PI.   Why - cause the butt was still a trial item - we had both folding stock mounts and fixed - both used the C8 telestock.

For those who wish to envision the buffer - think C6 Buttstock and SF kit buttplate - there is your hydraulic buffer.

The current issue C9A2 buttstock has a blue plastic schnib where the hydralic buffer will go - as for the its there comments - yeah just like our ambi safety's on the C8SFW's and C7A2's   ::)

Project Managers are fine - Diemaco shipment reality is something else

The soft pouch is a patrolling item - designed to make it quiet - no slosh slosh slosh of ammo against the plastic - it is NOT for playing silly bugger on the badlands of Wainwright.

I'll take my camera into work tomorrow and get a few pics of the hydraulic buffer which we use the 'stock std' ADI F89A1(P) LSW. Our Para Minimi's do not have the buffer, as the same as the French and Malaysian versions.

Secondly, I thought the CF are using our surplus AUSCAM canvas mags in 100rd capacity.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Wes

Wes,  We have both the 100rd in AusCam and 200rd in OD - the 200rds ones SUCK ASS (want to get in a 200rds fight - use the plastic box...)  Unfortunately someone fell victim to the more is better concept the 200rd'ers never should have been done. (or at least not released until they worked)

If our personal kit keeps improving at the same startling speed it has maintained for the last 2 or 3 years, I predict by next year we'll all be walking around with scarlett tunics, white crossbelts, and Martini-Henris, wondering when the new rucksacks are going to show up. Better start working on that moustache, guys, or you'll look like a fool!

Anyone know where to get the Auscam 100rd bags? I know the question has been asked before but I never found a satisfactory answer. It may be the second item of non-issued kit I ever buy.

General issue here are the 100rd ones only, although I have seen the 200rd'rs out and about. I took those pics of the Minimi buffer a few minutes ago, and when I get home, I'll post them.

Cheers,

Wes

Here is some pics for all to enjoy. Note the buffer, as opposed to the dummy buffers the CF use. These buffers work well on our FN/ADI F89A1(P) 'hybrids', and are good value.

Over the years I have replaced very few of these buffers, and replace them if they leak oil. I have no idea of the viscosity of the oil, and therefore I cannot say how they would function in those wickedly cold winter days back in the Land of the Maple Leaf, so maybe thats why the CF never adopted them, who knows. Mind you, it can drop anywhere from -15C to -20C here in our southern Alps in the Australian winter, so even without windchill thats cold even by my now spoiled standards.

Like the stack of Minimi 100rd mags?   ;D

I wonder what the shipping woudl be like  ;D

Thanks Wes.  The only C8/M4 telestock hydraulic buffer I've seen for the C9/M249/Mk46 was done by Rich Fitzpatrick at MAGPUL (with a Magpul stock).

I hate to ressurect such an old thread, but my question does not really merit a new one.

Any chance somebody could post nice, decent picture or two of the C9A2? (perhaps a pic of the butt in each position?) I would have snapped a pic myself overseas, but the first one I saw was just a couple days before my rip out, and I was bouncing around doing a handover.

I have seen it, (although didnt get to fondle it), and from what I can see, the pics which are posted on the "C9A2" threads are of foreign MINIMI's, as well as a few pics of a prototype C9A2 (I say this because of the different flash suppressor on the short barrel, as well as a fixed telescopic butt instead of the folding one http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21491.0;attach=788;image ).

Thanks,
Eric

The pic of the C9A2 demo, had a Minimi Para barrel on it.  The Para barrels have a different thread pitch than the C9 barrel.  Most C9A2's that I have seen have the C9 barrel that was cut down and re-threaded 1/2x28 which is the standard M16/C7 and C9 barrel thread.

If anyone is looking for Para barrel flash-hiders (as a official order) we have a number of M249 Para flash hiders/mounts for our NT-4 QD Suppressor - they are similar to a C7 birdcage flashhider, but threaded for the FNC/Para barrel thread pitch (which currently escapes me)

Back