• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The 2006 Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

In my best Michael Burgess/Colm Wilkinson voice "Bring him home, bring him home..."

Kat Stevens said:
Are there two more useless arseholes than Bob Cole and Harry Neil?

Ann Coulter and The Phelps come to mind! :D

Nah, it's because I told you to eat your words! Now....EAT 'EM!!

WHOOHOO GO OILERS! Cup Comes home Monday night!!!

The city is CRAZY tonight.. And I'll admit.. I am officially a honker!  >:D

:cdn:

yeah yeah..GO OILERS GO.. anybody from Edmonton want to T up for a drink monday if the oil take it? :cdn:

Well Camochick & I are planning to do something Monday after the game if they win.. We were thinking crazy ole Whyte Ave though, to get a piece of the nuttyness.

Pea said:
I have to admit it: for a minute there, I thought that the "n" was another "o"  :eek:

;)

Go Oilers!

Pea said:

That doesn't involve eating too many beans...Oh!  You mean the car horn!  :blotto:

Pea said:
Nah, it's because I told you to eat your words! Now....EAT 'EM!!

WHOOHOO GO OILERS! Cup Comes home Monday night!!!

:cdn:
Skill...all skill Pea...
So expect that you will honk like a champion on Monday night and make us all proud...just don't get arrested  :D

HL

4-0, who would have guessed that would be score for game 6?

I still can't believe Smythe, Pisani and Horocoff were able to skate thru the 'Canes defense and get those goals. Mind you, in any other game, Ward's glove save in the 3rd would be a highlight of the night.

Edmonton has momentum, they will be hard to beat. Carolina had better bring there A+1 game to win.

LETS GO OILERS!

Carolin is dog tired, they'd better get up for game 7 or the Oilers will destroy them.

The only way this could be more sweet is if the game were in Edmonton.

GO OIL

Fantastic body game...they certainly gave it to the Canes and it was indeed effective...
Indeed, Monday will be the night to be glued to the boob tube

Go Oiler Go

Oh and I thought that PM Harper's commentary was great...light hearted...must be a nice change to be asked to comment on something that you enjoy and not everyone is going to jump down your throat for your opinion.

HL

Oh Granny...Don Cherry showed the support our troops hats again...he gave the web to order them but I don't think I got it down quite right...did anyone else?
The hats are only $10 and they look great...it was something like cfpsa.ca/canex 
I checked it out and didn't see the hats at that addy  :(

You have to snoop the site...  Try here:

https://www.cfpsa.com/en/canex/wyn/generalPublic/shoplist_e.asp

If that doesn't work, here's the main CANEX site:

http://www.cfpsa.com/en/canex/

You can get to the various items by clicking on the yellow ribbon link under "current promotions"...

The site is dreadfully slow and the photos of the various items lead to broken links, so I can't tell you if the hats are the same as the ones from last night or not...  ::)

Hope this helps.

TR

Hot Lips said:
Skill...all skill Pea...
So expect that you will honk like a champion on Monday night and make us all proud...just don't get arrested  :D
HL

hehe, I will be honking on Monday when the cup comes home!! ... Me, get arrested? Ya right.  >:D

Von G: HONKING...as in a car horn.  :p

Pea said:
hehe, I will be honking on Monday when the cup comes home!! ... Me, get arrested? Ya right.  >:D

Von G: HONKING...as in a car horn.  :p

there will be other types of honking too I'm sure...ha ha

I haven't been this nervous since, well, never mind that LOL.

I'm definitely cheering on the Oilers tonight but no matter how it ends, no undeserving team has ever won the Stanley Cup. This has been a great series.

Back