• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Signing 2-year extention after completing 10 years of service.

stinger01

Inactive
Reaction score
I still have 2 years left on my contract to bring me to 10 years of service.  Because of my family situation, I don't want to sign my 25 year as I cannot leave my current location.  If offered, I would like to consider a year or 2 extension, but at the same time I am not sure if I would be subject to pension penalties as normally the pension is locked after 10.  Any suggestions?

CFAO49-? (forget which one it is -9 is officers) should give you the TOS sequence by occupation. You're likely not going to get a 2 year extension, by this point your only options are probably CE (5 years) or IE25.

You also need to think long and hard about whether you should stay in at all, if your family situation means you cannot move. Just because you sign a shorter term contract, doesn't mean you cannot be posted unless you're on compassionate posting status. If its a long term family situation where you cannot move, your situation may not align with the CAF's situation and you could be offered release or posting.

Back