• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sig Sauer P225

JesseWZ said:
I would just like to point out one thing, your right to "free speech" is not as expansive as you think. First, it only guarantees a right to speak free of state interference - not an unalienable right to say whatever you want whenever you want without challenge. Any private person can shut down your speech and they would not be infringing on your Charter Rights. As this is a private site, the site owner can set the terms for the speech expressed here, and he has.

Your options are to follow the guidelines (complying with the terms of the owner), or after a potentially long and winding road/short bumpy one, your speech will be silenced.

Not taking the bait, thank you.

That’s not bait. Enough now.

Scott
Staff

Back to the actual topic of the thread, for those interested in Sig P225s, a bunch of Swiss surplus P75s (also known as the P220s) have just hit the market. Basically the same gun except for the heel release magazine. Single stack 9rd capacity of 9mm, and they are for the most part basically new (mine I am pretty sure was either unissued or barely used, only handling marks were on the barrel). Not a terrible price (about 840$ after taxes and shipping), and mine came with the pistol, magazine, and a holster.

They have some interesting military history (or at least the Swiss military history is fascinating to me). Plus with a big Swiss cross in shield on the slide how could you go wrong?

Tradeex has some,
Weimajack on CGN has some

Personally I bought mine from Weimajack and I was more than happy with it, but the option for a formal store through Tradeex still exists. If you go the Tradeex route I would message them first just to 100% verify that it is Swiss issued (if that's what you want) as a few that came in don't have the Swiss cross on it.

Went to the US for the weekend with the family - ended up stopping at the Sig Academy by accident...didn't buy anything, but it was a neat spot to look around in for 20 minutes!

NavyShooter said:
... ended up stopping at the Sig Academy by accident...
I once 'claimed' to have bought a second Harley the same way.  It was just too good a deal to resist.  ;D

/Sig tangent

Honestly - it was an accident.  I saw the sign on the side of the highway as we were driving by, and I needed a break...timing was right.

Kind of like the time we were driving through DC on the way in from visiting the Air and Space museum...and happened to find the NRA museum...again, a happy coincidence, and truly, not planned.

Really.

Back