• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RPAS (was JUSTAS): the project to buy armed Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) UAVs

I here there are these things called satellites that real counties have ;)
The US has the same problem, actually.

They tested them out in Eielson and Thule, but they don’t have sqns there. The Eielson test was from aircraft from Syracuse, NY.

Either way, for @FJAG , the main difference between the USAF MQ-9A and the RAF (and hopefully RCAF) MQ-9B is the certification for flight in non-segregated airspace. Basically, MQ-9A can’t fly around normal civilian traffic (presumably outside of the US) because of various regulations and equipment requirements. The idea is that there are RPAS “corridors” that they are allowed to fly in, but that’s it.

The MQ-9B will have that equipment to align with various countries’ civil aviation requirements, so they can fly anywhere.

As for the whole Reservist piece, the USAF has a lot of their mission-critical stuff in Reserve sqns. Tankers come to mind first, but there are MQ-9A sqns, F-22s, and others that aren’t Active Duty. I would add that those Reservists aren’t the typical “Class A” though - they are usually airline pilots who fly tankers a few times a month.

As for the whole Reservist piece, the USAF has a lot of their mission-critical stuff in Reserve sqns. Tankers come to mind first, but there are MQ-9A sqns, F-22s, and others that aren’t Active Duty. I would add that those Reservists aren’t the typical “Class A” though - they are usually airline pilots who fly tankers a few times a month.
I'm all for that here too. There must be a ton of pilots around Calgary and Toronto who'd like to add a little spice to their life with the right incentives.

;)

I here there are these things called satellites that real counties have ;)
Communications in the high arctic is a challenge. This is a ground station at Eureka pointing at a geostationary satellite about 35000km above the equator. Note the angle. I believe anything north of that (~80*N) is simply out of range.

1701574187981.png

Communications in the high arctic is a challenge. This is a ground station at Eureka pointing at a geostationary satellite about 35000km above the equator. Note the angle. I believe anything north of that (~80*N) is simply out of range.

View attachment 81579
It is more challenging than it should be, as there are ways to have satellites up to give total coverage. There just hasn’t been a significant demand for them.

It is more challenging than it should be, as there are ways to have satellites up to give total coverage. There just hasn’t been a significant demand for them.
It would take several instead of locking onto one. We should call Elon.

It’s now official.

Happy Party GIF by Microsoft Cloud

Back