• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

yes but writing an exam, or your CFAT while sleep deprived won't help your application much. Even if you tell your recruiter you are practicing for your trade :p

Ha! That is funny. "I failed my exam because I've been doing my best the last two weeks to get into the element of the job."

Just got off the phone, I got my CFAT test for next week at 0800. They couldn't afford to get me to it, but luckily I've been working and saving all summer, so I'm paying my own airfare. Oh well.

Thousand said:
Just got off the phone, I got my CFAT test for next week at 0800. They couldn't afford to get me to it, but luckily I've been working and saving all summer, so I'm paying my own airfare. Oh well.

You have to fly to get to your Recruiting Center??

Ouch.

I have to fly to get to mine too. I don't think its quite as bad for me, living in Prince George instead of the Charlottes (which I think is where Thousand is from). It is still a pain though! They told me the same thing today, that they may or may not have enough funding to come up north, so they said I could fund my own way down to CFRC Vancouver if I wanted.

And I thought the 30 minute drive downtown Toronto was a big deal... Sheesh... I feel spoiled rotten now..

Yep, Charlottes resident here. Or Haida Gwaii, as it's seen on a map now. Way up in Masset.
Also, the airline has the monopoly on the flights out of here. I booked the flight for Sunday this afternoon. $753 for there and back. :eek: I shoulda just drove the 18 or whatever hours (plus the 12 hour ferry) down to Vancouver.  ::) As they say, hindsight is always 20/20...

Yeah thats about double what I'll be paying out of Prince George, so I do not envy you in that regard. I considered driving too, but I can't afford to miss much more than a day or two of work and school up here, so the quicker I get down to Vancouver and back, the better.

Thousand said:
Yep, Charlottes resident here. Or Haida Gwaii, as it's seen on a map now. Way up in Masset.
Also, the airline has the monopoly on the flights out of here. I booked the flight for Sunday this afternoon. $753 for there and back. :eek: I shoulda just drove the 18 or whatever hours (plus the 12 hour ferry) down to Vancouver.  ::) As they say, hindsight is always 20/20...

Wow! That really sucks. All out of your own pocket?

I haven't scheduled mine yet, I was told to call them back in a few days. I do know that it will be on a Tuesday, because apparently Tuesday's are the only days that CFRC Vancouver can do medical testings, so they told me I would be able to schedule the CFAT, interview, and medical all for one Tuesday. I am hoping it will be before mid-November though, hopefully earlier than that.

They told me it was either fly down or wait until halfway through November before even getting notice of whether or not they're coming up. I might as well get the test over with sooner, rather than later. I've been working all year full time, so it's not too bad. (I still cried a little inside when I saw my hard earned savings take a dip when I got the receipt, though)

Anywho, the people at CFRC Vancouver managed to squeeze everything in one day for me. Medical at 0800, physical until 1130 and then Interview at 1330, but all the times he said, are just rough estimates.

Guys I'm excited, and nervous. I got my call from CFRC Vancouver, and have my CFAT and such booked for the 19th at 8am as well. So i guess I might be seeing pudd13 & Thousand, if that is the time you guys will be there. Lucky for me though the drive to the CFRC only takes about 45 minutes as I live in Langley.

I'm nervous though for the aptitude test, and have been studying especially hard for the math portion. But I'm quite sure that I will do fine.

What does the medical cover? Just basics, like reflexes and such?

Do you guys think it would be possible to get my application moved to the 2012-2013 year? My family is undergoing some troubles, and I think I might have to stay home to help support them personally and financially at least into the summer of 2012.

That's exactly what they told me as well Thousand. So I'll be calling back in to book my testing too. When are you doing your CFAT? Are the physical and the medical not the same thing?

Jacobg, when did you submit your application? I am just curious. I am sure if you have been preparing lots for the CFAT, and you recognize your weak areas and are trying to compensate for it, then you will do fine. I don't know everything the medical test involves, but I understand that it tests your eyesight, hearing, reflexes, as well as a urine test. I am not sure what else it involves.

PriarieBoy, you would have to ask to your recruiter about that. My guess is that you would have to just withdraw your application for this year, and then apply again next year, starting over from the beginning.

Back