• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMC, What should I do?

jack3d17 said:
you also don't know anything about me so you're negative comments are coming in one ear, and going out the other.

So you are only going to accept comments that fit what you want to hear ?

If the application process and waiting are stressing you out, you are in for some hard times should you be accepted.

Learn to relax, it is a valuable skill. You don't know what real stress is.

jack3d17 said:
I don't literally need comfort.

I guess you should have been more clear then, r-iiight?

You shouldn't be taking that out of context,

Funny, I don't see things that way. I see you making a statement and now not liking the answers you got and trying to backpedal. If you were kidding you should have said so.

you also don't know anything about me so you're negative comments are coming in one ear, and going out the other.

Meh. Hookay. Don't ask for "guidance" when you're only wanting one answer - go to your loved ones for that.

:dunno:

I completely understand what you're saying, and I take criticism well. All im saying is that its a pretty bold conclusion to say that Im not fit for the military from a post I made on a forum. I realize I have not had an immense amount of stress, but you're judgements are inaccurate given the amount of knowledge you have on me. 

jack3d17 said:
but you're judgements are inaccurate given the amount of knowledge you have on me.

That may very well be, but i will stick with my assessment that if the recruiting process is causing you to be "so stressed out", you're going to have to develop some additional intestinal fortitude.

Have you ever considered the possibility that we might have heard this exact sort of story before? We might not know you, but many here have gotten to know the post, the talk. So wind your neck in a bit and accept the advice given based on what you posted. Seriously

Whos gives a damn? You have no clue who I am, so Im saying im stressed about getting into one of the top military schools in the world, you're busting my balls because im stressed? You're writing me off completely because of a post, and btw most students applying to top schools, are stressed. Im not in the military yet, im a regular civilian with no experience.

Fine. You win. You're right, everyone else here is wrong.

We erred in trying to offer you "guidance" based on what you told us, how silly of us, we misunderstood, you're the only one in step. I'm sorry.

Good?

Oh, I forgot the comforting:

There there.

:prancing:

I'll let someone else clamp the eventual lock on this, until then you can hope for a love fest all you want.

You need to schedule some time with your guidance counsellor and a recruiter.  And, whether your average is 70 or 100, you should still have a plan B.

Definitely always have a plan B; that is the reason most Ocdt's. go to civilian university since you gives you the opportunity to broaden your horizons with the life of a "normal" college student and still receive military training. On that note, if you think that just applying is stress image the training in the military. No sleep for days, non-existant living conditions in the wilderness and running missions for every waking hour in which you will MAYBE get two - three hours of forced rest and a hour here or there. If you can't handle the pressure of applying to universities or getting your grades up maybe the military is not the avenue for you.

The reserve BMQ is definitely a plus as some of my best buddies are reservists and they are on tip-top shape. It'll be hard now, but you should try to aim for some sort of leadership experience, (Captain of School Teams, School President, Supervisor of Voluntary work etc..). If your grades are not up to PAR but you have exemplary extra curricular activities then they will send you to RMC St. Jean for a prep year to boost you grades and to see if you really have the stomach and balls for life as a Officer cadet.

jack3d17,

This is going to be my opinion only, I am not a recruiter.  However, I have been through the same process 12 years ago.

The CF is looking for well rounded people.  Right now, I see you are doing a lot in terms of extra-curricular activities.  This is an excellent thing.  However, it should not be to the detriment of your schooling.  It comes down to time management.  To me, it seems like you are spending so much time in sports, volunteering and other-than-school activities in general that you cannot put enough focus on your education, which seems like the reason why you are not doing well in school. 

Learning to manage you time to do well in everything you start is a quality the CF looks for.  Focus your efforts in the areas you need to focus them, not the areas that you enjoy focusing them.  If you think that going through RMC will be easier than High School with many extra-curricular activities, you are in for a rude awakening.

Again, this is my opinion, and my opinion only.

I totally agree. This semester I have dovoted all of my time to making sure my grades will be the best they can be.

jack3d17 said:
I completely understand what you're saying, and I take criticism well. All im saying is that its a pretty bold conclusion to say that Im not fit for the military from a post I made on a forum. I realize I have not had an immense amount of stress, but you're judgements are inaccurate given the amount of knowledge you have on me.

Like everyone else is saying, If you really want to be at RMC, let alone the Military, you'll make the effort to keep your head high and be coherent in this application process and strive for your best, as it will determine your future (if any) in the Military, you application is not re-submitted when you want, you must make a good impression. :salute:

Back