• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Replacing the Subs

That would probably require about 16 to 18 SSKs . It would be amusing to watch the Treasury have a collective stroke. As well as the Surface Warfare community.

Why the extra subs?

I am just proposing the patrol routes, not the frequency or duration.

I am assuming that only half of the fleet will actually be at sea or at notice to move.

3 subs dockside refit and 3 subs in long term refit or whatever it is called when they are gutted.

Why the extra subs?

I am just proposing the patrol routes, not the frequency or duration.

I am assuming that only half of the fleet will actually be at sea or at notice to move.

3 subs dockside refit and 3 subs in long term refit or whatever it is called when they are gutted.

When I was talking about 4 subs on each coast I was thinking of 1 northbound and 1 southbound with, as I said above, 2 dockside.

In addition the third flotilla of 4 may only have 1 or 2 subs at notice to move or at sea.

Got me to wondering about how effective a barrier force would be with 4 SSKs and 2 AOPS routinely patrolling The Bering and Baffin Bay with 4 SSKs and 2 AOPSs in repair/refit/surge.
In the context of a "barrier force" or even patrolling, the premise is that who or whatever is doing it has the capability to do it effectively and/or do something about it should they encounter something untoward. Can the AOPS do any of that?

Back