• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruitment cancelation

Snippet

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was joining the reserves a few weeks back and I had decided to cancel my process because I was promised a job and a bunch of crap. Well that didn't pan out and I now realize that I want to join and that no offer will change my mind this time. I was nearly done my process (at the point of doing my pushups and all that),.If I go back, do I need to restart or can I just continue. (do they keep your name on file for a while?)

Thx,
Beaulieu

Call and ask the Recruiter you were dealing with before. They're the ones that will be able to give you the definitive answer. Each case has it's own unique nuances, and we just can't speculate on what they would be for you. Good luck.

It should just be a matter of re-activiating your file. Although, you should be prepared for the fact that it might be too late for the reserves for the summer (hopefully not, but you should be prepared for the worse case scenario).

Give them a call and tell them that you are still interested.

Depending on how long ago you closed your file, you may need to resubmit a new application form, and any other documents that may now be out of date.  Your original file is kept at the recruiting centre for 3 years, at which time it is destroyed.  The best people to speak to about this would be your recruiting centre.

Good luck.

Back