• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Applying as a PR

Thanks for the reply, what would you suggest in this case? I have been in the process for a year now. I wish the recruitment center could tell me the approximate timeline as I understand the procedure and policies are placed for a reason.
Just adding on winds answer to you (using winds previous answer to you).

"The 18-24 months wait you were quoted is for your file to sit in a queue in another government department to be reviewed..."

As winds stated that is the backlog there, that's what the CFRC's are told. It's another agency so asking them to be more precise cannot occur because the file isn't with the CAF. It's not that the CFRC is keeping information from you - they've told you the exact same information that is available to them. The key in this siuation is to be patient.

Last edited:
Just adding on winds answer to you (using winds previous answer to you).

"The 18-24 months wait you were quoted is for your file to sit in a queue in another government department to be reviewed..."

As winds stated that is the backlog there, that's what the CFRC's are told. It's another agency so asking them to be more precise cannot occur because the file isn't with the CAF. It's not that the CFRC is keeping information from you - they've told you the exact same information that is available to them. The key in this siuation is to be patient.
Thanks!

Hello, I applied as a PR not too long ago. If you are interested, here's a summary of the documents they asked me to gather

• Asked to provide records of: employment history , address history and travel at least from 10 years ago or up unto the age of 16 (it helps to have this info prepared)
  • asked to provide 3 references. While you can use community members to an extent (religious services, volunteer organizations), I would recommend using professional and educational references
  • writing the CFAT. its not that hard. If you had to meet prerequisites to enroll in Engineering you should be fine with some preparation. Outdated test imo after taking it, but apparently it directly correlates to your eligibility of your chosen trade.
  • Asked to provide originals of high school and college transcripts. This is a big one. I graduated high school almost 10 years ago in a different country and trying to coordinate to get this done is a nightmare. It's also not cheap and they want me to pay for this before I even get told if im eligible for any trades.

Not impressed with the application process for foreign nationals.
All of this is typical for citizens as well. The only difference in my high school transcript was that I didn’t need to get them translated, but the were in French. Not trying to one up you, but I graduated high school more than 15 years before applying and my high school doesn’t exist anymore.
I also wrote the CFAT, and provided references and background check info for security clearance. The security check/background check just takes longer if you are not an actual Citizen yet.

Back