• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reconstitution

The problem is not ADM(PA). Think higher.
There was some running jokes about one of the MARLANT GOFOs trying to bump up his twitter followers to get promoted, but it was only half in jest. Wouldn't be the first GOFO that tried to make themselves front and centre on PA photos or events.

Reactions: ueo
There was some running jokes about one of the MARLANT GOFOs trying to bump up his twitter followers to get promoted, but it was only half in jest. Wouldn't be the first GOFO that tried to make themselves front and centre on PA photos or events.
Or GOFOs ordering a reorg to put PA directly under themselves.

That is literally the key strength of any good social media plan: people who are so passionate about their work that they show their peers what they're up to in an authentic fashion. Right now.

The CAF can't seem to get their heads around that though, and it's kinda painful to watch.
Compare the british army vs the Canadian. Type in a given regiment from each into instagram. Tell me which makes you want to work with them. British every damn time. Hell the RAF Regiment manages to make itself look cool.

Compare the british army vs the Canadian. Type in a given regiment from each into instagram. Tell me which makes you want to work with them. British every damn time. Hell even the RAF Regiment manages to make itself look cool.

There, FTFY ;)

Agreed. I follow alot of the units' feeds and they're all very well done.

It was a bunch of guys deplaning a 707 with brief cases in their hands. Yep, really bad.
I remember that one. It came out not long after I was commissioned. It had us rolling on the floor of the mess laughing.

I've been looking for a copy of that poster on the web for years.

🍻

I remember that one. It came out not long after I was commissioned. It had us rolling on the floor of the mess laughing.

I've been looking for a copy of that poster on the web for years.

🍻
Me too. But I think that one of the guys in that poster hunted down every copy and burned them along with his green unibag.

That is literally the key strength of any good social media plan: people who are so passionate about their work that they show their peers what they're up to in an authentic fashion. Right now.

The CAF can't seem to get their heads around that though, and it's kinda painful to watch.
Kinda hard to get your head around something when its about12" up your butt! IMHO.

That's it -yup.

The CC-137 came out in 1970 at the same time as those green suits. We were just hanging up the brown stuff and there was a general feeling that we would "manage" rather than "lead" the military forward.

Down in the States, Robert McNamara had been the Secretary of Defence for the better part of the Sixties after being one of the "Whizz Kids" at Ford Motor Company and applied a concept of "system analysis" as a planning and management tool. Essentially it was aimed at identifying defence goals and purposes and setting up processes to achieve those - in practice it was a civilianized system to justify defence decisions McNamara had already made by the seat of his pants rather than military input. Canada, always being a decade behind the US in adopting processes in general - see for example the new age education initiatives coming out of California at the time - was buying heavily into the US business model of defence - hence the young executives.

I seem to recall a similar version of this with him still up on the step and an adoring woman (flight attendant?) looking up at him - but that could just be age-tainted memory.

🍻

Well that answers some questions about some of my previous bosses.
The problem with any hierarchy that promoted from within is that there is a tendency to promote in one's own image. DND has a tall hierarchy with a bureaucracy that tends to centralization and risk aversion. The likelihood that it will ever escape that model is highly unlikely unless there is massive outside pressure to change.

🍻

Back