• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about RCMP and your application

estoguy

Inactive
Reaction score
There is that spot in the application where you can indicate if you'd want your application forwarded to the RCMP as well. 

Here's a question... when do they do that?  I've put in a couple of applications, but have never heard anything, so I was curious how/when they share your information.

Thanks!

If you have any interest in the RCMP you should go to them directly. I wrote their tests a while ago and got a selection package but decided to wait for the military instead because I was already pretty far along in the process. When I asked them if they could use any of the background checks, clearances, etc. from the military they said their checks are completely separate. I doubt much ever comes out of ticking that box...

I'm in the same boat as Reaper. Ended up ditching my application process just before submitting my selection package. The RCMP has completely different background checks (which go much... MUCH deeper than anything you've fille dout with the CF).
The RCMP will probe your history like you've got an alien up your ***. And they ask all sorts of invasive questions about your personal history. I can't see how an application in the Forces could be transfered to the RCMP, there would be too much missing information and you will have to re-do all of the forms anyways.
Apply seperately if interested.  Expect to wait years as well. And if you're under 25, you might as well forget it.

Noctis,
Not true on a few points.
They do get pretty invasive on the back grounds and you can't have things like a criminal record but pardons are accepted.

But if you are fresh out of high school you can apply, similar to the CF.  The under 25 thing is a myth as I know many people that were and are under 25 and in the final stages of the process.

I personally made it to the Polygraph test which happened about 2 weeks prior to my leaving for BMOQ.  it was 4 hours of my life that was very difficult, lol. The RCMP much like the CF takes persistence and drive to get into, just lie you should be with any job you want to get.

About the only thing that would be transferable to the RCMP on the application is the initial online form, everything else would have to be completed on their forms after that.

it was a fun process, but RCMP isn't for me after talking to many prior and current serving members.

Back