• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Problems with CADPAT

redleafjumper

Inactive
Reaction score
There has been some mention on other threads of the fading problem with the new CADPAT uniform.  Along with that problem, are there any other concerns or issues that people have experienced with the new uniforms?  Along with that, are there any improvements that people would like to see?

General
- less flamable
- increase breathability.

- remove the pockets from the chest and move to upper arm area. or go with a lowprofile pocket (a la US) and same low profiel on upper arms.
- remove lower pockets entirely.

Pant
- shrink the lower cargo pockets and tilt so they can be accessed in the prone or seated.

It is a Cbt uniform not a garrison uniform - and the pockets on the chest/torso are obscured by armour and make it more uncomfortable.

Good points there Kevin. I have been in just over a year (not along time at all compared to some of you) but, I have yet to use those lower top pockets....Everything goes in my pants pocket, lol

Get rid of those damned button covers.  Thats taking the whole cam thing to the far extreme.  It's a pain in the a** to try and access those pockets with that ultra narrow pocket covering up the button.  Aside from that, I have no real qualms about our uniforms.

(A 4th and................................ whoa! maybe a 5th set of combats would be the cats a** though)

reccecrewman said:
Get rid of those damned button covers.   Thats taking the whole cam thing to the far extreme.   It's a pain in the a** to try and access those pockets with that ultra narrow pocket covering up the button.   Aside from that, I have no real qualms about our uniforms.

(A 4th and................................ whoa! maybe a 5th set of combats would be the cats a** though)

::)

The covers are there to prevent FOD...Foreign Object damage for flight crews. The committee on the procurement of newer combats made the decision to make it generic across the board for all elements...saving supposed millions in procuring special "anti-FOD" combats for aircrews.

Get your facts straight.

Regards

CADPAT not a garrison uniform?  Pray tell, what do we wear in garrison, then?  ???

Maybe we could invent some kind of camouflage jacket to wear over top of a tan shirt - and some nice high-top shiny boots and dark green pants.  Can't think of anything more suitable for office or maintenance work.  We could call it....mmm, nothing comes to mind, I'll get back to you on that one.

Michael Dorosh said:
CADPAT not a garrison uniform?   Pray tell, what do we wear in garrison, then?    ???

Maybe we could invent some kind of camouflage jacket to wear over top of a tan shirt - and some nice high-top shiny boots and dark green pants.   Can't think of anything more suitable for office or maintenance work.   We could call it....mmm, nothing comes to mind, I'll get back to you on that one.

LOL..............maybe we could contact Canadian Tire for some cost estimates..................... ;D

;D

Cute Michael...  ;)
It did look good (well not the paint by number jacket)

I have nothing against wearing CADPAT in garrison - just that the uniform should be optimised for combat

I dont know who came up with the button covers but they are awesome, keeps me from getting hung up in a camnet like a fly in a spiders web.
I have to agree with Kevin though just s**tcan pockets on the shirt entirely!

KevinB you are bang on the money with reconfiguring the pockets!
I have always hated the way they were set-up.

I don't mind the button covers, but I definately found the uncovered buttons easier to get into.

Shirt
I like the idea of shoulder pockets.  I can't remember the number of times I've had to get undressed just to get something out of a chest pocket (when wearing body armour, etc).  I would keep a chest pocket of some nature.  Maybe not the standard pack of smokes pocket but something flatter and broader (for folded doc).  Since this is a field uniform, I might consider adding a hood to help w/ cam.

Pants
I think I would add a Fd Dressing pocket of the side of the calve.

Shirt -
I don't really enjoy the front pockets, they bulge and get in the way. Perhaps a sleeker design might be nice. Maybe a different style of button/closure.
Pockets on the sleeve would be nice, but what about summer dress?
Oh, and I know that they're there for a reason... but DRAWSTRINGS SUCK!! nothin' like seeing a sergeant major walk out with a big bow dangling between his legs, or Pte Goofy Mcgoof with the middle one done up so tight it looks like he's wearing a dress.
They could just be tapered, the way the Americans do.

Pants -
Would be nice to see an angled pocket, perhaps a two-in-one pocket... so stuff doesn't move around so much.

Overall -
Sizing... it goes my fours!! Who grows/looses four inches at a time? I went from wearing a 32" waist in the old stuff to a 34" in the new stuff which was okay to start... but when those got to be too baggy, I had to drop to the 30"... and that wasn't physically possible.
*** I do know that the old stuff went in fours as well, but you had a little bit of play between the different manufacturers (ie white tag, green tag)

further, I doubt the powers that be would reinvent the wheel for our cmbts but adding a pocket the same dimension as the ones we already have shouldn't cost all the much more in the long run.

I love the lower shirt pockets.  I hate having stuff banging against my knees all the time.  With stuff in your shirt pocket, you can toss your tac-vest on over top and everything is nice and secure.  Getting to it is another issue mind you.

DSB

FWIW - my idea of the perfect combat ensemble.
Crye Precisions combat Gear

http://www.cryeprecision.com/HTLM/products/index.htm

CryeTop.jpg

Cryeshirt.jpg

CryePants.jpg

Make it in CADPAT and CADPAT AR and there you go...

I've got a set in Multicam and it is by far the best unifrom set up I have every seen/used.

DSB - try armour...  ::)

There's nothing wrong with having the lower pockets still present.  If wearing armour, don't use them.  This is assuming that the other pockets have been added.  I use the lower pockets for putting weapons parts into while doing a repair in the field, hard to lose them there.

KevinB, if they had that in CADPAT I would own it.

I agree with most of what everyone else has said.   If we could get a shirt like the USMC MARPAT, I think that would work great, slanted pockets on chest and sleeves. An get rid of the drawstrings, just have the shirts "fitted" like the US combat(BDU,MARPA ACU, etc) uniforms. Maybe add internal pockets for knee an elbowpads aswell.

Back