• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Poor treatment BMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
X-mo-1979 said:

Ok. Would it have taken much out of you to just tell that Cpl " Hey Cpl, considering the injury that the Gunner has, don't you think that the least you could have done was help him out fill out the form"

Maybe that would have resulted in a "you're right, its been one of those days....". She might even have apologised to the young gunner.

We all have bads days , maybe she was having one and you would have re-caged her gyros with something more constructive than "unfucking real".

Just maybe.....

CDN Aviator said:
Ok. Would it have taken much out of you to just tell that Cpl " Hey Cpl, considering the injury that the Gunner has, don't you think that the least you could have done was help him out fill out the form"

Maybe that would have resulted in a "you're right, its been one of those days....". She might even have apologised to the young gunner.

We all have bads days , maybe she was having one and you would have re-caged her gyros with something more constructive than "unfucking real".

Just maybe.....

Point taken.Maybe the Cl was having a bad day and taking it out on an Injured gunner.However that is not how the events out folded. I being very enraged dropped a f bomb.
Ok here it is I was absolutely wrong. I should have gotten her name and asked for her supervisor.Posting the subject here was also a mistake as it was misconstrued as my way of fixing the situation,however that wasn't the purpose. I can rewind a bit and ask you why you haven't wrote a memo on fixing some flying wirlybird you complain about but alas you are venting online.Same as this.

Fact of the matter is bottom line is people working in dealing with injured soldiers should be treating them with respect.This wasn't a young soldier with a sniffle...AGAIN.He was a young fit looking gunner with a smashed off arm.To tell him that deserved nothing less that a throat punch.(figure of speech please god realize it's a figure of speech)

When I approached the desk after her saying that she quickly "coward".She knew she was being a idiot.As I was asking him all his info to fill out she wouldn't dare make eye contact. The un-fing real wasn't a yelled tone or anything.It was more one of disappointment.As I looked at her then the young gunner as I said it.

Again this was not meant to fix or cure any problem it was to vent about a situation that peeved me.

Thank you

X-mo-1979 said:
To tell him that deserved nothing less that a throat punch.(figure of speech please god realize it's a figure of speech)

Trust me, i share the sentiment. I have had my share of dealings with people who acted like dicks. That being said, i also caught more than my share of flak for my more than explosive reactions to those situations. Just though i would share my view on how this could have been dealt with effectively without placing yourself in a bad fix in the process.

Anyways, disregard what i said if desired.

In X-Mo's position, I can see myself reacting the same way.

Sometimes it takes an angry comment and a hostile posture to snap people out of their slack ass attitudes.

I have a couple comments, as one who stood on the other side of the desk and supervised those who stand on that sided of the medical station reception desk:

Both are based upon rank of X-mo.

If you are a Jr NCO, then I feel that what you did was appropriate, with the exception of your actual words to the Cpl. Hindsight being of perfect vision, I would have stated somehting along the lines of "You're a medic, isnt it your fucking job to help those who are injured" as you filled out the sheet for the young gunner. If she took the hint great, if not....put it up your chain.

If your Sgt or up, then seek the medical Sgt/WO out. This may be one of many problems we may be having with this individual. This incident may be the straw required to initiate corrective actions. If you go up your chain to come down my chain, then the tendency is that the whole org gets crapped on, losing the effect on the individual.

Also are we not supposed to sort out problems at the lowest level?

I think this experience X-mo had helps to hilite why some people have bad experiences with Health Services. The service and compasion side was missing here.

It's a good example of a bad patient interaction.

A good lesson for future and junior medics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back