• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pipelines

I love that anyone really believes that they want to speed up the process....

The whole point of the process was to never get anything approved.

Now it's just a make busy work program.
Read the comments section.

Nobody (and I mean nobody) is fooled that the Govt wants to hire extra folks to navigate applications around a process they designed and put in place to ensure that projects did not get approved…

Hire more bureaucrats! That'll speed up the process....

Everyone told them that the impact of Bill C-69 was that it was going to kill investment in the resource sector. Guess how many major resource projects have been approved under the new regime?

Define "major".

Subject to debate.
Not really, already defined as a project requiring a Review Panel

I searched the registry for BC and there is only 1 major project under the new regs and that is Deltaport Expansion and I suspect the only reason it's under the new regs is that they could not get their sh*t together to submit it beforehand and are stuck with doing it under the new regime. This project has been kicked around since at least 2012 or earlier.

Not really, already defined as a project requiring a Review Panel

I searched the registry for BC and there is only 1 major project under the new regs and that is Deltaport Expansion and I suspect the only reason it's under the new regs is that they could not get their sh*t together to submit it beforehand and are stuck with doing it under the new regime. This project has been kicked around since at least 2012 or earlier.

So a major project is one deemed to require a review. A project requiring a review is a major project.

So a major project is one deemed to require a review. A project requiring a review is a major project.
One requiring a Review Panel. Many project require a review, but at the screening level. It's major projects like LNG terminals, new pipelines over 75km or dams like Site C.

Wow, the Trudeau LPC really killed progress and investment in this country. To what end?
The end result is the transfer of jobs, industry, and wealth out of Canada and to a place that will welcome it. Conspiracy theorists will vow that it is all part of the plan and others will say it is a necessary byproduct of environmental stewardship. You make up your mind

The end result is the transfer of jobs, industry, and wealth out of Canada and to a place that will welcome it. Conspiracy theorists will vow that it is all part of the plan and others will say it is a necessary byproduct of environmental stewardship. You make up your mind
Or (3) incompetence in a naive push for “green” outcomes.

Terrorism ... it never ends well, for anyone:

When anarchists attack​

How police say a peaceful, Indigenous-led protest over a B.C. pipeline was hijacked by violent outsiders

A security guard was swarmed in a truck near a worksite by a group of people in masks and camouflage firing flare guns. He was then forced to flee into the dead of night, while the assailants escaped.

When the RCMP released those details last week about a recent incident along the Coastal GasLink pipeline project near Houston, B.C., they could have copied and pasted them from a news release they issued more than a year ago.
But that’s where the comparison ends.

Because while the incident on March 26 resulted in the alleged theft of a chainsaw and some unrelated arrests, what happened at the worksite on Feb. 17, 2022, was far more dangerous and destructive.

During that attack, assailants swung axes into the side of security trucks, a police officer was injured in a booby trap and tens of millions of dollars in damage was done. But more than a year later, not a single suspect has been taken into custody.

Back