• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pipelines

Or (3) incompetence in a naive push for “green” outcomes.
If that include the 'naive' greenies being used by not-so-naive opportunity looking to absorb wealth and material from people gullible enough to support not owning anything and paying for their life existence with the walls of a 15-Minute City for the rest of their lives, then...sure...(3)...

In the article, the RCMP are suggesting that they're building the case so it doesn't get thrown out in court.

I hope that works!

You *know that 'hope' is not an approved method, right? ;)

Last edited:
Big, burly security guards with mattock handles.

Attachments

• mattock handle.jpg
    mattock handle.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 0
In the article, the RCMP are suggesting that they're building the case so it doesn't get thrown out in court.

I hope that works!

Since the Jordan decision which established presumptively unreasonable time limits for trial, crown is extremely reticent to see charges laid in a file unless disclosure is pretty much completely ready to go. Depending on the complexity of an investigation, that can vary from being a significant venture to being absolutely monstrous. Doesn't mean it doesn't get done, but you have to have your ducks in a row. I know nothing about this investigation beyond what's in the news, but drawing inferences from what's discussed, I would speculate that there are likely a number of elements that add considerable complexity.

The defendent(s) in a criminal case in Canada are entitled to all relevant material. Police are not well positioned to gauge what might be relevant to the defense, so, practically, disclosures generally contain everything that isn't clearly irrelevant. That's a LOT. Getting a disclosure package ready to seek charge approval (in B.C., police cannot just lay charges; crown has to approve it) can be a major endeavour. I think, from the way it's described by the unit commander, that that's a big part of what is going on right now. They could also be at the point of having sufficient evidence to charge some people, but not yet being there for others, and they want to get those ones locked down before they pull the trigger on the whole thing so that ongoing investigative efforts aren't burned by moving early on others.

Anyway- this is all inference and guesswork on my part, but it's based on experience in major case model investigations, and how much it can suck getting stuff ready for court on a big file. Which this undoubtedly is. I'll be fascinated to hear more of the detail if and when this moves to charges and info starts going public. We can expect that the press would pretty quickly apply to get court applications for warrants etc. unsealed, and those can be very telling.

Since the Jordan decision which established presumptively unreasonable time limits for trial, crown is extremely reticent to see charges laid in a file unless disclosure is pretty much completely ready to go. Depending on the complexity of an investigation, that can vary from being a significant venture to being absolutely monstrous. Doesn't mean it doesn't get done, but you have to have your ducks in a row. I know nothing about this investigation beyond what's in the news, but drawing inferences from what's discussed, I would speculate that there are likely a number of elements that add considerable complexity.

The defendent(s) in a criminal case in Canada are entitled to all relevant material. Police are not well positioned to gauge what might be relevant to the defense, so, practically, disclosures generally contain everything that isn't clearly irrelevant. That's a LOT. Getting a disclosure package ready to seek charge approval (in B.C., police cannot just lay charges; crown has to approve it) can be a major endeavour. I think, from the way it's described by the unit commander, that that's a big part of what is going on right now. They could also be at the point of having sufficient evidence to charge some people, but not yet being there for others, and they want to get those ones locked down before they pull the trigger on the whole thing so that ongoing investigative efforts aren't burned by moving early on others.

Anyway- this is all inference and guesswork on my part, but it's based on experience in major case model investigations, and how much it can suck getting stuff ready for court on a big file. Which this undoubtedly is. I'll be fascinated to hear more of the detail if and when this moves to charges and info starts going public. We can expect that the press would pretty quickly apply to get court applications for warrants etc. unsealed, and those can be very telling.
And in the end the money the leads to Big Green. Big Green is reality a watermelon. As G2G said they know what they are doing.

Continuing on from Fuel Cell Submarines

Japan's version of "The Transition"

Hydrogen from hydrocarbons to Methanol and Ammonia - no great stretch for Alberta - anhydrous ammonia plants everywhere

Strategic-Roadmap.png

Replace home furnaces with home Combined Heat and Power plants fueled by Natural Gas or methane, butane or propane.

And/Or replace those CHPs with fuel cell CHPs

Maybe all we really need, as somebody just said recently, is a little less saying and a little more doing.

@ppcliguy

Continuing on from Fuel Cell Submarines

Japan's version of "The Transition"

Hydrogen from hydrocarbons to Methanol and Ammonia - no great stretch for Alberta - anhydrous ammonia plants everywhere

Strategic-Roadmap.png

Replace home furnaces with home Combined Heat and Power plants fueled by Natural Gas or methane, butane or propane.

And/Or replace those CHPs with fuel cell CHPs

Maybe all we really need, as somebody just said recently, is a little less saying and a little more doing.

@ppcliguy
Or better stop planning and saying.

“I can’t stand the phrase ‘just transition,’ I’ve said this for years,” replied O’Regan, who represents the Newfoundland riding of St. John’s South—Mount Pearl.

“‘Just transition’ is a word that workers hate and my constituents don’t like, so I don’t like it either.”

“The oil and gas industry is going to be with us for quite some time, and I would argue proudly so,” O’Regan said.

...models produced by Employment and Social Development Canada across nearly 300 national occupation groups projected 14,000 job vacancies in the oil and gas extraction industry over the 2022-2031 period.

“These represent approximately 13 per cent of the sector’s employment levels in 2021,” the reply read.

Apparently Seamus is going off message....

Inquires to the Labour Minister’s office seeking insight on O’Regan’s comments were instead directed to Natural Resources Minister Jonathan Wilkinson, whose office maintained the challenge facing the government is not that there will be too few jobs in 2050, but there won’t be enough Canadians with the skill needed to participate in tomorrow’s labour market.

“This legislation will help to ensure that every region of Canada and every Canadian worker is at the centre of every policy and decision the Government makes,” said ministry spokesperson Keean Nembhard, referring to a 2019 government promise to introduce legislation meant to “support the future and livelihoods of workers” as Canada shifts to a low-carbon economy.

And these don't qualify as useful exemplars as far a I am concerned

“This approach has been adopted by a number of other countries and jurisdictions, which have embedded ‘sustainable jobs’ commitments within climate legislation, including Germany, Scotland and New Zealand.”

Scotland isn't a country (Unless Quebec is a country?) And Scholz and Jacinda, like young Justin and Chrystia, have swallowed the bait hook, line and sinker. Scions of WEF.

So the reason we're taking a leap of faith is because others are doing it too.

I can't push back the tide of people who want to return to the age of coal-burning home fireplaces, but I will certainly try to stand apart.

So the reason we're taking a leap of faith is because others are doing it too.

I can't push back the tide of people who want to return to the age of coal-burning home fireplaces, but I will certainly try to stand apart.

The Brits started burning coal when they ran out of wood.

When they stopped burning coal they were given coke, gas and electricity as fuels

When they were denied coke and gas the price of electricity went up.

To reduce the amount of electricity consumed, to allow for all the electrical car and scooters being charged, heat pumps were mandated.

The price of the heat pumps were so high people bought stoves - and fired them with wood (sorry - biomass).

Back