• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Physical Fitness

Are you a built guy now? I could see the use of protein powder then. My friend who is a bodybuilder and completed his BMQ near the end of last year took protein powder with him. He lost about 8 lbs. (much to his dismay) but really without it, he may have lost more.

Well, protein in itself doesn't build muscle.  Its just a source of nutrient in a process that
allows the body to repair muscle tissue.  Its certainly important in any fitness regime and
normal everyday life.  The trick is knowing how much protein one needs. 

BMQ is not a muscle strengthening course.  You don't spend hours at a gym pumping iron
or utilize the body exclusively in that way.  You'll be marching, running, moving around,
climbing obstacles, carrying loads, primarily moving from point A to point B as quickly
as one can.  The body will adapt by increasing cardio capacity and physical endurance but
you won't leave BMQ with more muscle mass.

The St.Jean mess provides good meals and you can tailor what you eat for better
protein/carb ratio.  You need the carbs but theres lots of protein sources provided.

I'd question if protein powder (and its not cheap) in addition to real food would
provide any benefit during this course. 

Your friend may have lost weight during the course, but likely it was due to fat/water loss
and the change in physical training.  I doubt extra protein would have helped. 

I would not say I'm huge, but i do use supplements to aid in building muscle . if meals can be tailored for individual wants or needs then that should suffice. I don't supplement alot of protein, I think we all know what happens when you take too much ::) Its just an aid for me.

Back