• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Paintings, drawings, crayon-ings etc. Anyone out there do any artsy kind of work

midget-boyd91

Reaction score
Well, I've been working away with some new oils (paints) I got, and came to wondering if anyone here does any paintings/drawings of their own.  I'm hopefully going to be nearby a scanner tomorrow, and pending there is someone who will do it for me can instruct me on how to use it, I will try to have one or two of my 'better' pieces posted within the next day or two.
  Does anyone here have any of their own work they're willing to post here for the public of army.ca to see?

Midget

uncle-midget-boyd said:
Well, I've been working away with some new oils (paints) I got, and came to wondering if anyone here does any paintings/drawings of their own.  I'm hopefully going to be nearby a scanner tomorrow, and pending there is someone who will do it for me can instruct me on how to use it, I will try to have one or two of my 'better' pieces posted within the next day or two.
  Does anyone here have any of their own work they're willing to post here for the public of army.ca to see?

Midget

You need to meet this guy:  http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/members/27728

Seriously - he's executed some remarkable pieces.

Ill start of with some of my quick inks/watercolours...
n673005326_98102_3274.jpg

n673005326_98101_2955.jpg

n673005326_1524361_4307.jpg

n673005326_1524360_3954.jpg

My only item of work that I have left over from my tablet days... *tear*
n673005326_98083_4126.jpg

and now my mouse and photoshop days...
n673005326_1747558_5044.jpg

n673005326_1786051_4850.jpg

n673005326_1791922_8317.jpg

Roy Harding said:
You need to meet this guy:  http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/members/27728

Seriously - he's executed some remarkable pieces.

Agreed, if you have not seen his artwork already you definately should. Here is a link to his Artwork Showcase Thread (be warned lots of pictures, may take a while to load full thread).

http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/68706.0.html

retiredgrunt45 said:
Very nice Crowe, you certainly have a future ahead of you, if you keep at it.

I'm trying to stay with it. I'm working part time as a graphic designer, but my other part time job as a network technition pays way better (we're talking 4 times better)... I guess I could try to keep it is a great passtime.

edit: just noticed the "crayon'ings" in the title and thought I will post up a mobile photo from my last venture to Montanas (I beleive it was...)

n673005326_2092122_8014.jpg

Wow, those are amazing.
After seeing these, and taking a look in the art showcase thread, I'm feeling out-gunned already  :blotto: , but I am just starting with oils, so hopefully I'll be able to improve.

Midget

I really Like pic 5 with the army soldier. and the girls with boobs of course.

also "Thanks Roy."

Crowe you wouldnt happen to be on GWTB Forums would you?

anyway i did a quick sketch 4 u guys this mornin
onpatrol-1.jpg

Thats nice looking. Unfortunately, my plans of getting to a scanner have been delayed repeatedly, and so now the earliest I believe I can get my hands on one is Tuesday. Damn :-\

Midget

uncle-midget-boyd said:
Thats nice looking. Unfortunately, my plans of getting to a scanner have been delayed repeatedly, and so now the earliest I believe I can get my hands on one is Tuesday. Damn :-\

Midget

Isn't there a FedEx Kinko's near where you live?  You could try one of those places; they'll let you use their scanner for a small price.

CougarDaddy said:
Isn't there a FedEx Kinko's near where you live?  You could try one of those places.

There's one in the city, but folks there don't like it when a redneck such as I winds up on their turf driving lost like ... well, like the lost redneck idiot I am.  ;D
I took a few pictures of some of them with my interweb camera connected to my computer, but that thing is pretty low quality, and the paintings ended up looking like The Blob.  :blotto:
I'll just hold off until Tuesday until I can get into a library here in town.  (Besides, that'll give me more time to figure out how to post an attachment)

Midget

uncle-midget-boyd said:
There's one in the city, but folks there don't like it when a redneck such as I winds up on their turf driving lost like ... well, like the lost redneck idiot I am.  ;D
[/sub]

Midget

Midget,

You know, they don't care who you are as long you pay. But it's up to you; I was just trying to help.

CesarNostradamus said:
Crowe you wouldnt happen to be on GWTB Forums would you?

I am indeed... under the user name gt102. Haha, small world isnt it?

Back