• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ontario Majority Government 2022-2026 (?)

I like how the solution is usually to build out (and ignore infrastructure/services cost) then to force inactive brownfield to be used first. With how gutted the manufacturing market has gotten seems like there is a lot of land that could be redeveloped to housing that is already in the city with infrastructure.
Brownfield can be a good option, but there may be (a) other manufacturing / industrial facilities still in the area, which create disruption (like th people who buy alongside a runway and complain about the aircraft noise) and (b) significant remediation needed due to past practices (dumping chemicals, residues etc).

Nothing impossible, but some additional challenges not necessarily present in greenfield sites.

Brownfield can be a good option, but there may be (a) other manufacturing / industrial facilities still in the area, which create disruption (like th people who buy alongside a runway and complain about the aircraft noise) and (b) significant remediation needed due to past practices (dumping chemicals, residues etc).

Nothing impossible, but some additional challenges not necessarily present in greenfield sites.

Sure, but there are a number of former industrial areas where there are massive acres of essentially derelict land no longer in any industrial usage. The GTA living catchment has now extended all the way to Niagara Falls, and Welland is probably a good example of a place with lots of brown land, right next to existing housing, not being used anymore, and lots of similar land in Halifax and Burlington as well.

Remediation is expensive, but not remediating it is still an issue from ongoing contamination into the surrounding area and water table. It'll be an expensive butchers bill to pay, but I guess a consequence of turning a blind eye to it for years while being happy to tax in the tax revenue.

Still cheaper to remediate in the long term than build on high quality arable land, as once that's gone it's essentially irreplaceable as it took thousands of years to get to that state.

Man overboard ....
Right thing on principle (even if he didn't pick his own Chief of Staff), but will it be enough? We'll see ...

Man overboard ....
Right thing on principle (even if he didn't pick his own Chief of Staff), but will it be enough? We'll see ...
Took him long enough; should have resigned as soon as the AG report came out.

Its great that Clark resigns yet but whos kidding who here, Doug Ford runs the show. This is just a game where they gave up the chief of staff didnt work so now its the Minister. When that doesnt work who or what can be sacrificed next?

I’m waiting to see the federal spillover from this. A lot of people are working hard to identify and map connections between these lobbying/development groups/individuals, and prominent federal Conservatives. Photos are already starting to spread on social media of the so-called ‘Mr ax’ with Polievre, MacKay, etc. The LPC just might have found an opportunistic issue to start building up and then hammer on against the CPC.

Every politician poses for thousands of photos with people they don't know. This is exploited by some who leverage those images to say "Look at who I know and therefore what influence I must hold!"

Of course, it's the ones who stay hidden in shadows who ultimately hold more influence than the showboats posing with their cigar still wrapped in cellophane.

homer simpson GIF

Every politician poses for thousands of photos with people they don't know. This is exploited by some who leverage those images to say "Look at who I know and therefore what influence I must hold!"

Of course, it's the ones who stay hidden in shadows who ultimately hold more influence than the showboats posing with their cigar still wrapped in cellophane.

homer simpson GIF
Yes, obviously photos mean little in and of themselves. What will be significant is if contacts more intimate than big public events with grip-and-grins are identified, patterns of donation, etc.

Yes, obviously photos mean little in and of themselves. What will be significant is if contacts more intimate than big public events with grip-and-grins are identified, patterns of donation, etc.
I think we already know that too. What we dont have is an email from TACC to Doug Ford saying if we get this acreage we'll build your daughter a $5M house for a $1M. Does that exist? Doubtful even if there was a quid pro quo. Why was the OPP uninterested? Why did they say there was nothing there? Why were they unable to uncover what has been uncovered so far? I guess we know why they passed it on to the RCMP

Its great that Clark resigns yet but whos kidding who here, Doug Ford runs the show ....
I'm with you on this, especially since his team picks the Chiefs of Staff.
... Why was the OPP uninterested? Why did they say there was nothing there? Why were they unable to uncover what has been uncovered so far? ...
I always stand to be corrected, but I missed those bits in the media - you have any sourcing for the OPP saying "there was nothing there"? Also, how much have you seen re: everything the OPP had uncovered up to when the RCMP was asked to step in?

I'm with you on this, especially since his team picks the Chiefs of Staff.

I always stand to be corrected, but I missed those bits in the media - you have any sourcing for the OPP saying "there was nothing there"? Also, how much have you seen re: everything the OPP had uncovered up to when the RCMP was asked to step in?
and the Mandate letters

The OPP opined on the matter in the spring and pretty sure I linked to it here earlier. Ill have to take a look around it was one of those things that surprisingly to me not much attention was paid too then or now. Youre right I dont have access to their file but...it follows logically from the first unless I am to assume that the OPP is politically compromised

and the Mandate letters
Yup!
The OPP opined on the matter in the spring and pretty sure I linked to it here earlier. Ill have to take a look around it was one of those things that surprisingly to me not much attention was paid too then or now.
That'd be cool, thanks - and if it was out there, I'm surprised it wasn't higher profile than it was. Last I saw in detail showed no details, and reminded folks OPP probed Team Red Chiefs of Staff ....
Youre right I dont have access to their file but...it follows logically from the first unless I am to assume that the OPP is politically compromised
The potential for perception of the bit in yellow is part of what Team OPP said led to a referral to Team Mounties.

Yup!

That'd be cool, thanks - and if it was out there, I'm surprised it wasn't higher profile than it was. Last I saw in detail showed no details, and reminded folks OPP probed Team Red Chiefs of Staff ....

The potential for perception of the bit in yellow is part of what Team OPP said led to a referral to Team Mounties.
Yeah the horses have left the barn by that time IMO, not that they were politically compromised but that the appearance is bad, part of which is constrained by law enforcement communications but if that was the issue they coulda shoulda woulda kicked it up in January.

Pretty sure I linked to the original article here but cant find it but heres some I did just now, they dont go as far as I remember though

Yeah the horses have left the barn by that time IMO, not that they were politically compromised but that the appearance is bad, part of which is constrained by law enforcement communications but if that was the issue they coulda shoulda woulda kicked it up in January.

Pretty sure I linked to the original article here but cant find it but heres some I did just now, they dont go as far as I remember though

Thx for this - I remember “we’re still looking” before the hand off but didn’t remember any official “nothing to see here.” (y)

I’m waiting to see the federal spillover from this. A lot of people are working hard to identify and map connections between these lobbying/development groups/individuals, and prominent federal Conservatives. Photos are already starting to spread on social media of the so-called ‘Mr ax’ with Polievre, MacKay, etc. The LPC just might have found an opportunistic issue to start building up and then hammer on against the CPC.

You mean those of the middle class who actually have spare time and funding to worry about this, vs living? If they spin too hard, maybe Ford will reneg on his support to Trudeau’s Emergency Act maskirovka? 🤔

I think we already know that too. What we dont have is an email from TACC to Doug Ford saying if we get this acreage we'll build your daughter a $5M house for a $1M. Does that exist? Doubtful even if there was a quid pro quo. Why was the OPP uninterested? Why did they say there was nothing there? Why were they unable to uncover what has been uncovered so far? I guess we know why they passed it on to the RCMP
Ford’s mother probably got paid by green belt lobbyists. Heck, if Rob Ford was still alive, I bet Doug would have got his brother some backsheesh as well….

#toonumbtothisstufftogetoverlyoutraged

You mean those of the middle class who actually have spare time and funding to worry about this, vs living? If they spin too hard, maybe Ford will reneg on his support to Trudeau’s Emergency Act maskirovka? 🤔

Ford’s mother probably got paid by green belt lobbyists. Heck, if Rob Ford was still alive, I bet Doug would have got his brother some backsheesh as well….

#toonumbtothisstufftogetoverlyoutraged
its hard not to be numb, consider the shock of a minister resigning for anything at all something that in the past was overdone but now is a rarity especially at the federal level

its hard not to be numb, consider the shock of a minister resigning for anything at all something that in the past was overdone but now is a rarity especially at the federal level
Well, in fairness to Team Fed Red, isn’t there a Canadian Don’t Resign Act? 😆

That would be a stretch even if I said it.🙄

Back