• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Obtaining file photos

the 48th regulator

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Okay,

I have a question.  Right before the tour I was on, we had troops show up and do pictures of the Regiment. Every level was taken, Coy, platoon, section, and individual.  This was all done with our finest combats and blue berets etc etc. As these are obviously file photos, as seen recently in the media, where can we find them and apply to get copies?

My tour was in 1994, if this helps.

dileas

tess

Try going through your Orderly Room, perhaps there are still copies on your file. Or the actual Photo Unit that did it, they may have them stored somehow. Unfortunately no guarantees with either.

Good luck  :)
CJ

Calculator Jockey said:
Try going through your Orderly Room, perhaps there are still copies on your file. Or the actual Photo Unit that did it, they may have them stored somehow. Unfortunately no guarantees with either.

CJ

Nope not there, never made it in fact. Thanks though.

dileas

tess

Calculator Jockey said:

CJ
If I'm correct, he's not in anymore, more so, the "orederly room" wouldn't have a clue.
Tess it was it the '92 tour, with the Royals, correct?. In my expeirence, go straight to the source. Try the Unit photographer for starters, then work your way up to the Regimental museum (archives).

PB&J said:
If I'm correct, he's not in anymore, more so, the "orederly room" wouldn't have a clue.
Tess it was it the '92 tour, with the Royals, correct?. In my expeirence, go straight to the source. Try the Unit photographer for starters, then work your way up to the Regimental museum (archives).

He said it was 1994............1 RCR , OP HARMONY roto 5 to be exact

I know, i was with him

PB&J said:

1994, with 1 RCR.  Who would I try from there?  I could not get copies of our 8 pointed star from the tour, via the Kit shop, so iI was wondering if there was an alternative source. National Archives??  If so what do I ask for.

dileas

tess

Tess I'll run in to work next week, See what I can turn up

Cheers HOM,

The Sgt from the Kit shop was, how can I say this, "polite" in his response of not being able to find things...afer many e-mails from me.  That was for the 8 pointed star from our tour.  But I would also love acopey of our pics..

dileas

tess

If it was an "official" DND photo, then the CF Photo Unit should hold the negatives.  They're somewhere in Ottawa; I suspect snail mail to:

CF Photo Unit
101 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa, ON  K1A 0K2

Should reach them OK.  Even if they've been re-orged or re-named, the mail should still be delivered OK.

CF Photo Unit, became Combat Camera, if I am correct.  And if I am also correct, they are now part of CFJIC.

Back