• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

notice before going to basic...

brandon_g

Inactive
Reaction score
i was just curious to as how much notice do the recruiters give to you before you leave for basic...and is anyone going in March? because they said thats when i'll be going

I can't speak for everyone, but I was told one month ahead of time.  I don't leave for St. Jean until Feb 18th but I was told back on Jan 19th.

I was given 6 days notice.

Recruiter
"Pack your bags your leaving for Shilo on Thursday."

Me
"Umm... okay. Do I get any kit?"

Recruiter
"Oh yeah right... pack your bags we are going to Chilliwack on Monday."

Me
"Umm... okay."

If the military wanted to give you advance warning, they'd issue the time to you.  Otherwise, be ready to go whenever.  And if you're planning a trip while you're waiting, buy cancellation insurance!!  Congrats, and good luck.

T

For weekend BMQ, starting last weekend, my unit gave one day notice.

Wed, parade night "those of you that got on course will be called tomorrow and notifed"
Thurs, phone call.
Fri, report to armories at 7pm.

BCCanuck said:
I can't speak for everyone, but I was told one month ahead of time.  I don't leave for St. Jean until Feb 18th but I was told back on Jan 19th.

I'll be in this course as well beginning on Feb 20, leaving on the 18th. I was called on Jan 26 though, about 3 1/2 weeks notice.

Cheers

I was also told on Jan 19th that I was to report to St. Jean no later than 1400 hours on Feb 19th. Why are some of you heading there on the 18th? Wondering if I should go earlier.

AWood said:
I was also told on Jan 19th that I was to report to St. Jean no later than 1400 hours on Feb 19th. Why are some of you heading there on the 18th? Wondering if I should go earlier.

Do what you are instructed to do...Not everybody showed up on the same day for my basic.

AWood said:

The reason why I'm there on the 18th is because that's when the CFRC in Victoria booked my flight.  Everyone from Victoria/Vancouver Island that got sworn in with me for basic on the 20th will be there on the 18th, and when we asked the officer why we'll be there so early, he just said it's so we have time to relax and so we don't get thrown into training right after we arrive.

Back