• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Not sure what sub-forum this belongs in.Navy Job that is Similar to Infantry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CombatRomeo

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Is there a job in the Navy that is similar to Infantry or is oriented(heavily) around combat?
I know all jobs in the Military are but..well this is the thing.

I might need to change my job selection to a job in the Navy to get into BMQ asap, so just asking around here if there's some. :shooter:

Thanx in advance.

Why don't you just stop the whole panic attack and wait a little bit?

What part of the application process are you in?

If you have already had your interview you will need to have another one if you change your trades. BMQ's are frequent if one is full there will be a new one in a couple weeks after that.

The Ops trades are more geared towards combat in laymans terms and if you want to handle small arms become a Bosun or join the Naval landing and Boarding Party when you get sufficient time in. if you are looking for a naval infantry role, look to the south of the border.

I will not look south of the border.
I'm at step"waiting for my job offer", they said within 3 days so I guess if it's Wednesday Today, by Friday I should get a Call.

Thats good to hear JBoyd.

Thanx.

You will find that patience is a useful attribute to develop in the CF.  Relax and wait until the CFRC provides you some confirmed facts to work with.

Many people say that Bosns are "naval infantry"... but not because they fight a lot. This is because they do a lot of crappy jobs, just like infantry. (They're both essentials but I would never do their job)

Don't expect to see "real" action in the Navy. The day our ships are going to have to shoot at something with the big guns for real, we 're going to be in deep s**t. Expect a lot of training in firefighting, damage control...

The Navy uses a lot of technicians. Boarding party is not a trade by itself, it is a secondary "task". You do your job as a sailor, then your job as a technician, then your job secondary job and then you sleep when you can.

Patience is a virtue, especially in the Forces...

CombatRomeo,

You don't even know what is going on at the Recruiting Centre and you're running all over the site here with a bunch of silly questions. Stop, calm down and breathe. Wait til you hear from the RC before going off the deep end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back