• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

next 291 course

nate said:
Another question I hope someone can answer.  I know 291 is a purple trade, so will I have any say in what element I want to serve in, or is that completely up to someone else? 
thanks,
nate

My wife chose army as her choice and had no problems getting it.At leitrim for a while you would see all the master seaman/etc walking around in combats....however they got a new SSM...made all navy and airforce wear the 3B's while the army guys wore combats to work. ;)

....side note I never saw parade boots actually brown in places before.....CFS Leitrim function in the Jr's mess....uuuhhhhhhg.

However that was a couple years ago.

Just a little side note their SSM had to be the nicest man I ever met in my life,never had a SSM come up and introduce himself as "fred"(I believe it was).Good bunch of guys...and man could they drink.

Oh and they had casual thursdays during the night shift at that time.Proper civilian attire....no really.

The waiting game is good... if you put it to good use...

I'm one of the lucky people in French class for example... waiting for the clearance. If you take the time as a chance to save some cash before going on to Ottawa, and a chance to learn more before you leave it is wonderful.

Well I believe the May 17th Sig Op course is full to the brim to say the least... Next one is tentatively August 13th! ...

See some of you then! I'm suppose to be loaded onto that course. I just hope it doesn't get pushed back to a further date!!!

".....Oh and they had casual thursdays during the night shift at that time.Proper civilian attire....no really...."

Just some notes.  The civi's on Mid watches was to put the shifts on an equal footing with the day staff.  Since units in the National Capital Region (NCR) wore civi's on Fridays, the shifts were permitted to wear appropriate civi attire.

Those days are gone - not for everyone in the NCR but certainly for Leitrim.  The dress for Army/Air all ranks is combats 24/7.  Navy just switched from combats to the equivilant naval dress.

The current Station Warrant Officer would definetly not take well to someone calling him by his first name.  I dare say that the reaction would be atomic. 

Cheers

Anyone have any intel on the next 291 serial that's starting? I'm waiting word from the Recruiting Centre about my standing with the merit board, but haven't heard anything yet. I was told that I probably wouldn't be given an offer until close to when I would be courseloaded, but they have no clue as to when that might be... I just really hope it's sometime this freaking year... *laugh*

Some kind soul on army.ca pulled this info off the DIN for me, so I would hope it's fairly accurate. I'm leaving for Kingston next week and I'm hoping I've been loaded onto the first serial, because its quite the wait until they teach the course next....

Good luck!

kas.

---

291 COMM RESEARCH QL3 PART 1
00213E
30-Apr-07
18-Jul-07

00223E
04-Sep-07
16-Nov-07

00233E
02-Oct-07
14-Dec-07

00243E
26-Nov-07
22-Feb-08

00253E
08-Jan-08
20-Mar-08

Kas, MUCH appreciated! I REALLY hope that i get my call soon... argh, though I don't think I'll be loaded on that course... that really sucks. I've been cut back in hours at my current job, and they may lay me off soon, because they know i'm going to be leaving soon anyway... but if  I'm noit going until the summer, then I'm going to be royally screwed...

Thanks again for the info!

gelan said:
Kas, MUCH appreciated! I REALLY hope that i get my call soon... argh, though I don't think I'll be loaded on that course... that really sucks. I've been cut back in hours at my current job, and they may lay me off soon, because they know i'm going to be leaving soon anyway... but if  I'm noit going until the summer, then I'm going to be royally screwed...

Thanks again for the info!

Lesson #1 : If you have a job and apply to the CF, dont tell your employer you are leaving unless you have been sworn in and have dates.....you might need money in between now and then
or just in case you dont get in

::)

It's kind of hard when it's my dad's business and I'm helping him out. He's not getting any work from his main client anymore, so he just can't afford to pay me right now. I understanding what you're saying CDN Aviator, but in my case it's unavoidable.

Really just the same question as when this topic was started. There are a few of us now in PRETC waiting and hoping we will be on a course soon. Anyone know when the courses run in 2008? How many people end up on one of these courses?

Cheers!

I dont know what you are going to get on this site for an answer but no matter what, please tell me you are going to ask your staff at PRETC.

Absolutely!  As of right now there is no information available. That is why I thought I would randomly throw it out there. It is not overly important to find out either way, I will get there when I get there, but still passively looking for information has never hurt anyone.

Cheers!

There is a course starting on the 21st of jan, I believe, with another starting in february or march. Hang tight. You'll get to kingston soon.

Hello all

I just finish my BMQ in St-Jean
Going to Bordon monday on PAT

Does anyones know when the next course for 291 will start ?

ty

Kertys said:
Hello all

ty

You probably will not be on the next course, be prepared for at least a year on PAT to attain the security clearance required to do the QL3. If you're lucky, you might get posted to 2 EW and start working with the field arm of the 291 trade (and get big things like Driver Wheeled course out of the way).

They stopped making us wait for Security Clearances AAALLLOONNNNNNG time ago...

I'm posted and done my 3's but I still don't have one, only Enhanced Reliability, which is being upgraded atm to TS. I was only at PRETC for 4 months, in which time I also completed my Driver Wheeled course and got qualifications on LSVW and MLVW.

People waiting shouldn't have to wait TOO long! I would suggest keep politely inquiring about you're dates/future/courses at least once a week or every two weeks so you're face and name become familiar to the staff there. It helps...

291 is a different hat when it comes to clearances. In the Op world, we can get away with "Clearance level pending" as long as we have ER, whereas the 291ers deal with information that absolutely requires a clearance beforehand.

you can expect a bit of a wait for the 2nd part of the course depending on how long it takes to complete the clearance. myself personally have been waiting 8months for this and still no sign of that, i'm hoping for a course before Feb 09

Kertys said:
Hello all

ty

if you are lucky there is one august 25th then it takes about 6weeks to complete phase one then you wait for like 6-12months for your clearance

Back