• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Issue Kit - Treated?

Shaolin555

Reaction score
Morning, Just curious if anyone knows if CAF treats any of their equipment, specifically the standard green duffles? I was issued two and definitely have an allergy to something on them... nothing catastrophic but every time I handle them I get a reaction... Tried washing them but still happening... any info would be appreciated! thanks!

Morning, Just curious if anyone knows if CAF treats any of their equipment, specifically the standard green duffles? I was issued two and definitely have an allergy to something on them... nothing catastrophic but every time I handle them I get a reaction... Tried washing them but still happening... any info would be appreciated! thanks!
I don’t believe so.

Is it all duffles or one that you’ve been issued? My understanding is that it’s just canvas/nylon with some rubber (?) coating on the inside. It’s definitely not waterproof though.

What kind of reaction? I’ve had poison ivy on my kit before. The oils from PI can be very persistent.

Just the two I've been issued as far as I know.... fingers get a burning sensation, then following day skin starts to peel... will last a day or two then subside until I handle them again lol again more of an inconvenience than anything... just wondering if anyone saw same thing

I don't know what was in the rubberized coating and had never heard of anyone specifically identified as having an allergic reaction to "kit bags" (other than having to carry the f***ers), but what springs to mind is "latex allergy". I've seen a couple in my time, but that comes from serving in medical units (insert humour about rubber gloves and what orifice one is examining). Have you had the same reaction handling someone else's bag? pause for inappropriate chuckling Were you issued new items or were they used; as Remius noted, nasty stuff can stay on kit for a long time. Try exchanging them, but identify the issue so they don't become someone else's problem. But don't be surprised if they want a note from the doctor.

They were brand new bags, and there was alot of handling of all of them the first day due to loading and unloading... symptoms were certainly worse then... now its only mine. I definitely won't look to make a thing of it, as it seems nominal in symptoms... I figured maybe they were sprayed with a treatment to avoid bugs or whatever in transport/storage. One of lifes mysteries lol

Back