• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Generation CadPats

I

imacoy

I understand that CadPats are now being issued with concealed buttons. Can anyone confirm and is this replacing the exposed buttons version in the supply line?

Anyone have any fotos?

There‘s someone here (I‘m in WATC right now) with the new 2nd generation cadpat combats. Yes, they do have the buttons covered... it looks really wierd actually; like all the pockets are undone.

I have a Cadpat Tunic that has concealed buttons. There are some design flaws. The cuffs are improperly sewn. If you button them up, you have quite an excess of material sticking out from your arms. I think the manufacturer made a mistake in its placement of the button hole.

All the new CADPAT‘s are made this way. I just got issued all the desert stuff and it is also made this way. It will take a while to get used to. It‘ll probably be a while till I can get the newest version of CADPAT(TW) since it take an act of God to get them exchanged! They rarely have my size anyway!

I just was issued the new Cadpat‘s as well... the pants have buttons, but not the tunic. Can anybody explain why? Also, the pocket covers for the tunic are much larger than the old ODs...wierd

From what I‘ve heard the covered pockets are so that the buttons don‘t get caught in the cam nets.

I don‘t have a 2nd gen cadpat so I can‘t tell you if it actually works or not though.

When I was issued my Cadpats a few weeks ago, my pants have the buttons covered, by my shirt does not...my unit just keeps telling me they are air-force cadpats...true?

The cover pockets are the new standard. The ideas has come from the Airforce side which worries about FOD.

The CDS or VCDS has now directed the clothing and equipment, from all services, to converge all their programs into one. If you look on the new tag you will see they are called for example the shirts.

COAT, CBT LTWT CONVERGE CADPAT (TW)

The convergance program is suppose to cut down on the duplication of similar items and thus save money. But with all great military ideas this has its down side. All the items now have to be trialed and approved by the army and airforce for use, before it is issued. And now the navy has been ordered into the convergance program.

There is a simple reason why some shirts and some pants do/do not have the new button covers: not all clothing currently in the supply system is of the "second generation" type. It is not at all unusual to be issued trouser/shirt combos that do not match. I would tend to avoid wearing non matching pairs if possible, but you have to wear what they give you, and I think clothing stores will be issuing garments of both types for quite a while yet.

the uncovered are much nicer...although the covered are much cleaner...apparantley peoples buttons were falling off easily ? who knows

The coverd buttons are a god-send for anybody that uses cam-nets ( such as arty ). The buttons are always getting caught, in some cases being ripped off. Just a general pain in the butt, and now its a non-issue...if I could get more then one pair of the new cadpat that is...

Thunder, have you tried the dockyard stores? Last I heard they are issuing new Cadpat out of there.
Building 260 I think.

Yea, thats where I got my cadpat from, they only gave me one new pair..two of my friends got the same thing to. Must be savin‘ them for something.

I think the airforce was just tired of getting caught with their pockets undone. This way instead of them having to check their pockets it will look done up anyways.

That‘s odd, I just got three pairs from them, all with the new pockets.
When did you go?

Back