• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NES OP and NBP

Bluechip

Inactive
Reaction score
Small question, After watching and reading up on NES OP I have noticed that the video on forces.ca shows that they are able to train in the Naval Boarding Party (NBP) However on the fact sheet it doesn't list it under the advances training. Im curious if someone can clear this up? I'v asked the recruiter but got mixed answers.

Check the topics here that already discuss the Boarding Party.

I had a discussion about this with a Senior NESOP today. I am in CFFS Esquimalt right now.

Answer was, there is no definite no, however during operations where Naval Boarding Party is conducting a mission, NES Ops onboard are very busy, taking pictures, listening to radio communications etc. Therefore they are not the best candidates for Naval Boarding Party. They can be easily in the dive team, I have been told.

Anyone posted to the ship can be selected for NBP training. I had one on my team in the Montreal. A request form through the CoC is all it takes. Mind you it can be denied at any stage.

Bluechip said:
However on the fact sheet it doesn't list it under the advances training. 

If you go by that list on the fact sheets alone, you are going to have a very confusing career. If they listed all training available on there, it would be multiple pages and alot of it wouldnt mean anything to a person at the CFRC.

MasterInstructor said:
I had a discussion about this with a Senior NESOP today. I am in CFFS Esquimalt right now.

Answer was, there is no definite no, however during operations where Naval Boarding Party is conducting a mission, NES Ops onboard are very busy, taking pictures, listening to radio communications etc. Therefore they are not the best candidates for Naval Boarding Party. They can be easily in the dive team, I have been told.

Depends on your ship and chain of command.

Back