• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NEIP...what is your opinion?

George Wallace said:
???

Suggestions?  Sounded more like complaints with some less than usual amount of thought put into your ideas and a lack of initiative to do PT on your own when the opportunity was given to you.

If you can't take critisim, or have your 'theories' disected and analysed, it is a waste of time you being in the CF or any job.  The flaws in you logic were pointed out to you, and the possibility that your were insulting other members with your comments, and now you want to take off and sulk.  That will not take you very far in the world today.

I can handle critisism, I just dont know why you are being so hostile...

Its like you didnt read my first post at all.. I stated from first hand knowledge what was wrong with the program, and then made suggestions on how to improve it. My problem is not with doing PT, infact I suggested to have it lead by PSP staff so that more people utilize the time. I just think that If I am doing PT as part of my course, that I should get to decide what evenings and at what time I do it. As it stands they only make us goto the gym so that troublemakers are not out drinking... which they are anyway after...

PT isnt even my main issue with NEIP. My issue is hearing the dont do drugs lecture over and over, or watching the same truth duty honour... over and over, when they could spend the time to introduce us to actual information about the navy....

Auxtime said:
My issue is hearing the dont do drugs lecture over and over,

Judging by recent events, one of them very much in the news involving the Navy, i would venture to say that going over it over and over again is needed.

Beadwindow 7 said:
Best you can do is take what you can from the program, and take the time given to you to keep fit.

Isnt the name of this thread "NEIP...what is your opinion? "

I was just stating my opinion, I wasnt thinking anything was going to be changed. I plan to bring it up with those in charge of the program, even then I dont expect it to change.

CDN Aviator said:
Judging by recent events, one of them very much in the news involving the Navy, i would venture to say that going over it over and over again is needed.

are you telling me that those with drug addictions are actually going to change their life around because some unenthusiastic PO2 gives them a don't do drugs power point presentation... over and over?

Auxtime said:
I can handle critisism, I just dont know why you are being so hostile...
  ::)  It didn't look like it with the comments we quoted you as saying.
Auxtime said:
Its like you didnt read my first post at all.. I stated from first hand knowledge what was wrong with the program, and then made suggestions on how to improve it. My problem is not with doing PT, infact I suggested to have it lead by PSP staff so that more people utilize the time. I just think that If I am doing PT as part of my course, that I should get to decide what evenings and at what time I do it. As it stands they only make us goto the gym so that troublemakers are not out drinking... which they are anyway after...
I read your post.  I even quoted your post.  It sounded like a complaint and was chock full of faulty logic (which I can see, you still haven't figured out).
Auxtime said:
PT isnt even my main issue with NEIP. My issue is hearing the dont do drugs lecture over and over, or watching the same truth duty honour... over and over, when they could spend the time to introduce us to actual information about the navy....

You made PT an issue.  You got caught for it.

You have been given suggestions of how to try and fix it by using mechanisms already in place to "Critique" a Crse.

Auxtime said:
are you telling me that those with drug addictions are actually going to change their life around because some unenthusiastic PO2 gives them a don't do drugs power point presentation... over and over?

Probably not, but those who dont do drugs might at least think twice before starting.

Auxtime said:

Probably not, but some may see the light when they walk out of a class and standing there are the MPs with a van and five or six are randomly taken away for a Random Drug Test.

The warnings, as you have stated, were given over and over again in several classes.

Auxtime, thanks for stating your opinion!

As I am sure you know, alot of the other OD's here on base feel the same way as you about the program.
Its not necessarily the PT the bothers them, but the uninformative and repetitive lectures.
I have actually compiled a list of the pro's and con's of the program to send up the chain in hopes of making the program a little more beneficial to those just new to the Navy.

A few things I have down is maybe some time at sea (even just day sails) for those that are not on course, more lectures on Naval History(a short tour of the museum on NETP is not quite enough!), and as you suggested, some PSP lead PT.

If you can throw together some pro's vs con's, I can add them to my current one.
When you complete your 3 month "sentence", you do get to fill out a critique. Make sure to state your opinions in that as well. The way the critique system is set up, it requires everyone to read it and acknowledge it, so it would be VERY beneficial to be as specific as you can and take the time to fill everything in.

As far as the drug lectures go, I know they are getting repetitive, but they are only doing this so that they can get it through the skulls of those who are most at risk to use drugs.

BTW, Welcome to Victoria!
Hope your stay here is a great one!!

It sucks and you benefit nothing from it, that's the final answer. The navy tends to miss represent itself for the new guys. Once you get on ship it's nothing like you learn.

After having read some of the last few posts I have to step in...... Auxtime you are whining, plain and simple.  I never did the NEIP program when i was a sialor back then it was OSQAB and involved no nights,  the reason for the PT may have something to do with the 68% express fail rate in the formation over the last 3 years, as for having PSP run it, there is no requirement,  all PLQ\JLC Qual MCpl/MS and above are able to lead in PT,  since coming over to the army we have yet to have PSP run our soldiers through unit level stuff.  The rest of the boring lectures, sure some are boring, some dont go deep enough in depth it think (after having given some myself) well, there will always be boring lectures, unit PD Day comes to mind,  its 3 months of your life, deal with it,  I've been on course for the last year, away from my wife and kids who have supported me through my military carreer for the last ten years. Not pretty but neccessary to get where I want to be,  learn what you can, ask questions of the poor buggers who are using thier family's time to pass they're knowledge on to you. And as for the drug addictions, the formation is a lot more lenient than say 1 RCHA for example, in Victoria you get to go on C&P and an all expense paid trip to Nan to rehab, out here at 1 RCHA you get an AR and a boot, catch my drift, they may be boring and repetative but marpac did have a drug ring for a while, perhaps now it can be understood the reasons behind the whole boring drug lectures crap.

Well the pt part is the only good thing about the course, the navy should have remedial pt anyways.

mmike said:
Well the pt part is the only good thing about the course, the navy should have remedial pt anyways.

They do for those members that fail their express test... ::)

You mean they apply that for members who fail their express test. It doesn't happen. I would love for us to show up at the dockyard at 7 and go for an hour run.

BS....any sailor I have ever seen fail their express test has always been put on remedial.

Ex-Dragoon said:
BS....any sailor I have ever seen fail their express test has always been put on remedial.
80% of my department has failed their express test. They go to the gym for 30 mins than come back and eat a poutine with extra cheese.

mmike said:
80% of my department has failed their express test. They go to the gym for 30 mins than come back and eat a poutine with extra cheese.

Then they are the ones that will pay for it when they get retested.

Indeed,  and yes a few units in the formation do check these things, and yes some have even been given the old you might want to look for a new job now that you're pensionable before we give you the golden boot.  It's frustrating when you watch a unit become combat innefective overnight due to express testing but remember this, you too will be a supervisor of these folks one day,  maybe sooner than others because you get and extra point on your PER for an exemption, and when you are start a pt program, enforce your pt program and make your dept the fittest in the fleet.  I too was a young OD watching folks who couldn;t fit through an escape hatch walk around ship.  Trust me those days are fewer now.  But don;t let others laziness get to you, maintain your motivation and be the example for others to follow.

mmike said:

I'm not calling you a liar, I don't even know your unit BUT...if I assume what you are saying it correct, then..your CoC is quilty of a service offence, in that they are not following DAOD 5023-2 Physcial Fitness Program, specifically:

Failure to Achieve Physical Fitness Standards
Action by CO If a CF member fails to meet the MPFS or complete the CMTFE, or is not evaluated, the CF member’s CO shall examine the circumstances to determine the reasons.

If the CO determines that the CF member failed or was not evaluated for reasons within the CF member’s control, the CO shall:

- initiate remedial measures under DAOD 5019-4, Remedial Measures; and

- direct remedial physical fitness training as set out the Remedial Physical Fitness Training and Re-evaluation block.

Notice the use of the word SHALL.  That means imperative.  The CO has no choice, unless he/she choses to ignore direction from higher in the CoC.  Remember the level in which a DAOD is signed off, who the authority is for its content. 

So, those are some seriously allegations, IMHO.

Back