• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NBP Equipment

Ex-Dragoon

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
This is mainly directed towards FSTO but if anyone else knows is there any new equipment being considered for the teams?

gravyboat said:
Extra strength girdles. C'mon B ya know some of the lads need them.

True....but at the same time those lads did a good job as well C :)

BTW who did they sucker into replacing you? PM me

does the Navy even  have to carry any gear on marches??

McGowan said:
does the Navy even   have to carry any gear on marches??

I think you should spend some time doing research for awhile, rather than posting out of your league. As it stands right now you are only detracting froma discussion between serious professionals.

Words to ponder!

Slim

McGowan said:
does the Navy even   have to carry any gear on marches??

Nah we get 18 yr olds with qualifications up the wazoo to carry our kit for us. :D

Okay McGowan you wise-arse, come on down to the ships and you and a couple of killicks can 2-6 heave a ship to buoy shackle from the cable locker to the focsle while the frigate is in irons at the same time as lolling in a 15 ft swell with a beam on sea.  :salute:

If you can figure out what I'm saying without looking up on the internet pm me.

As for NBP equipment.

The east coast has trialed transferring info from suspect vessels to the supporting ship using WIFI technology, results have been promising,
We are trialing a new boarding hook that will make boarding vessels a little easier
New coveralls are in the system
New load bearing vests with body armour and positive buoyancy capability are getting procures, but due to the US taking every little bit of Kevlar, we are about a year behind schedule.
We hope to be trialing simunition this summer as a training tool and finally
On the horizon we hope to have dedicated Maritime Security Training centres established and built on both coasts. This should dovetail quite nicely with the CDS's vision of Op area Canada.

We hope to be trialing simunition this summer as a training tool and finally

You might suggest looking into the RAM system for training purposes, rather than Simmunition. We are going to trial the RAM system shortly and, if it works as expected, incorporate it into our training ASP.

I'll try and find their web page for you. I can't seem to find the link right now. PM me if you're interested.

Slim

Back